Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
veteran
veteran
Is there a way to rewind the translation and start watching from the beginning? I've just returned home.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Is there a way to rewind the translation and start watching from the beginning? I've just returned home.
You'll have to wait the streaming is done and watch the archive later.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast

If you watch the stream on YouTube, you can drag the progress bar back to the beginning to watch from there, even while it's still live.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
You'll have to wait the streaming is done and watch the archive later.
Thanks Tuco, guess I'll wait. Without getting into spoilers, how are you liking the reveal?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit

If you watch the stream on YouTube, you can drag the progress bar back to the beginning to watch from there, even while it's still live.
Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case frown

veteran
veteran
Well the biggest take away for me, they redid Wyl's story from the beginning.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me either. Now I'm waiting impatiently for the panel to be over 😄
I hope I'll have the time to watch it later and write about it. But who needs sleep anyway?

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
did they improve Wyll's stats...so he can actually wield a blade ;-)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz

I didn't really dislike the premise of Wyll's backstory, so I'll have to wait and see if the new version feels like an improvement before celebrating.
Alzo, Mizora better still be a thing.

Last edited by Tuco; 07/07/23 06:03 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
C
addict
addict
C
Without getting into spoilers, how are you liking the reveal?

Unsurprisingly, some folks are fussed, others are thrilled. It's absolutely immense, and looks even more awesome than I could have imagined. But I don't care about sneaking into combat the way others do

Also, there's bestiality. But if it's a druid's animal form, does it really count as such?

C
addict
addict
C
I thought that was one of the best pieces of news. He's a mess in EA

veteran
veteran

It's funny hearing them talk about Wyll, you start to see why most players don't find him that engaging, and it's because Larian didn't seem that interested in pushing him. It's almost like "oh yea, Wyll, I guess we should talk about him. IF WE HAVE TO." Hopefully his redone story will be better.

Right now though, it seems like Astarion, SH, Gale, and Lae'zel are the real intended party, and everyone else is disposable/a plot device. imo at least.

veteran
veteran

FPSWolfheart has it restreamed and you can rewind this one.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine

FPSWolfheart has it restreamed and you can rewind this one.

Is he commenting? I kinda can't stand the guy...
Edit: I see, he doesn'! Thanks!

Last edited by neprostoman; 07/07/23 06:10 PM.
veteran
veteran
Is he commenting? I kinda can't stand the guy...
Edit: I see, he doesn'! Thanks!
I am pretty sure he would be there in the audience. It seems to be just bunch of influencers.

G
addict
addict
G
Larian isn't serious at all. Shows what they spend their time and money on. Disappointing and did not answer critical questions.

They didn't show the promised group party rolls for checks or any of the features we wanted, like multiclassing. These PFHs are, as always, a waste of time. And the whole Halsin thing is literally just because of the inundation of memes. This writing looks garbage.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
They didn’t mention class preview, though, did they? (I have been skipping through it a bit)
Not to my knowledge ...

But as it seems im not too reliable source, since i didnt notice even this:

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 07/07/23 06:15 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I'm wondering if there will be a reupload in better quality or if the stream compression is all we'll get.
I watched more or less the entire thing but I had few interruptions here and there for external factors.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Some notes/thoughts -

1. The game looks great overall. Extremely excited for it. It is crazy they have added so much to even Act 1 given that the game is already pretty enormous as it is.

2. The amount of choice and consequence they are promising is perhaps the most intriguing thing about the game to me. Seems like it will be worth playing through several times.

3. I think people (myself included) may be overthinking the 'good' and 'evil' companions. They seemed to bring up a few times how all of them can become heroes or villains. My primary worry on that front though is that can you help guide them if you play a custom rather than playing as them? Or do they have presets where they will always follow the same path regardless of your choice/influence?

4. While I do not particularly want to play an origin character, I might. They seem to get unique choices, dialogue, romance options, etc. that a custom character will not offer. Not sure how/if Larian can ever overcome that as I know it was a common complaint about DOS2 as well. They just seem like the superior way to play the game right now. It also seems like you would be missing out on a lot if you do not play one of them. Perhaps the solution is doing what the did with 'The Dark Urge', but having like two or three customizable templates rather than just a serial killer one?

5. The Dark Urge thing is an interesting concept, will be curious to see how many people try it.

6. It is going to be very interesting to see how popular this game is and how well received it is. They are saying if you rush through the game it takes about 80 hours... and if you explore everything it can start multiplying that amount out (I believe they phrased it as it could jump to like 160, 240, 320 hours for a single play). That is great for very hardcore gamers - but I am not sure if you average player wants to sit with a single game that long. I am pretty sure that is why CDPR chopped down the length of Cyberpunk 2077 after The Witcher 3, because they found tons of the players weren't actually finishing the game due to the length of it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by gaymer
Larian isn't serious at all. Shows what they spend their time and money on. Disappointing and did not answer critical questions.

They didn't show the promised group party rolls for checks or any of the features we wanted, like multiclassing. These PFHs are, as always, a waste of time. And the whole Halsin thing is literally just because of the inundation of memes. This writing looks garbage.

I might be mistaken but I understood that multiclassing may not be rolled out with the game release and that they are still testing it.

Having said that they provided a ton of really good info and I will have to watch that a few more times - I missed a lot - it was a super long stream.

What, you mean being able to Romance Halsin is just because of memes? or do you mean the filthy bear sex?

Blackheifer
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard