Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Beechams
I thought the cheering was more like the nervous laughter of a room full of people desperate to show how cool they were while being as uncomfortable as hell.
Same people who were just seconds before that yelling "1!" and showing their thumbs? O_o

Well that escalated quickly.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Llengrath
Originally Posted by Warlocke
I’m not sure if it was mentioned already, but Swen did casually mention my favorite spell, Shield, in the opening. This gladdens me.
Oh yes, Shield being in the game is actually huge. The only bit of relevant good news concerning mechanics and it was delivered underhandedly through a quip.
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
No, they were just enjoying something that was silly and designed to be humorous.

Agreed *unless* they go into full umm details behind the not safe for streaming banner. It can be cheeky or out right gross…
It is exactly that banner that makes me think there's going to be a full-on scene in the final game. I can't decide if I see this as a pathetic and low attempt at gaining more publicity or simple humorous pandering to vocal Halsin fans taken a dozen steps too far.

I really can’t fault Larian at all, because if I were Swen and saw how badly some very vocal, thirsty fans want Halsin, I’d absolutely say “okay…give them all of the Halsin.”

But I think my sense of humor is definitely more in sync with Larian’s than some others here, and that’s fine.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There is a modesty filter, dont like nude, use filter ?... secondly, we have choises, like alot of people said before me, dont like something, dont do it... im actually proud of Larian for making BG3 more then hack n slash... We have the choise to be good, to be evil, and choose to engage in the mysteries of life, if you dont want to partake in the birds and the bees, then dont choose to... and its to late to do anything about it, the bear is out of the box !

B
old hand
old hand
B
I cannot even express how disappointed I am with this PFH. I feel robbed of my time.

But a crowd cheering over sex with a bear is too much. Entirely too much.

Right now I feel like after a long corporate presentation about how everything is great but nothing of substance was said.

I thought the cheering was more like the nervous laughter of a room full of people desperate to show how cool they were while being as uncomfortable as hell.

No, they were just enjoying something that was silly and designed to be humorous.

Why present an adult subject as silly and humorous? Especially after giving the spiel about the consequences of choices during romances.

I've said elsewhere that I don't do romances so I'm not taking it seriously. I just thought the entire thing was another example of Larian's 'humour'. I'm also a member of the Lover's Lab community so I was neither impressed nor shocked.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I would think hirelings might be different from custom party by 2 things:
- no tadpole
- maybe exchangable in camp

Both are clearly just assumptions.

Yeah... I'm looking forward to play the game and I love how enthusastic the devs are - I know how they feel about their own project - at the same time I've yet not seen anything to regain confidence into the game. Mechanics and mood of the game are simply off for me. Yes, my group and I also have fun at the table and don't take everything seriously, but table tops also don't have the level of immersion of video games in that regard, so my expectations are different. Its not just me desparately trying to convey a whole cast of NPCs for my players, they have put so much effort into motion and voice capture but all the drama stands next to 'shove' and 'bear sex' or other silliness that constantly creeps up. For me I can't take anything seriously in the game, there is a very hard disconnect between the topics they bring up and the presentation. I honestly have not felt anything about any quest or character in the story so far, which is disappointing since in other games I rarely had such apathy towards these things.

I think the game has made a lot of progress in representation compared to most of the other games out there. The team is working very hard to include everyone. Yet there are again these Larian issues... you can create your own character, but why don't you try one of our own? Or at least this in-between-murderhobo? How shall we believe that the same effort was put into making Tav feel as full as an experience as those? In the end its personal preference, but I don't see myself even using the origin characters as companions at this point.

I really, really hope that once the game is out and experienced in full I will see its real strength that distracts me from the issues I have with it from early access. I would love for it to be as convincing as I thought it would be when I got it back then even though it might be very different from what I expected. Maybe there is a really good RPG game that overshadows all the issues people rightfully mentioned again in this thread. It would be fantastic if it was the case.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
[quote=avahZ Darkwood][quote=Warlocke]

Come on lol, you don't actually think they're going to show straight up penetration do you? That would automatically destroy their rating, and make streaming a nightmare.

Honestly no 😂 I don’t; however, I really don’t put it past em these days. That being the case, yeah Australia would have likely banned the game entirely. I do suspect after twitter cut their stream, we will see some controversy now. I can guarantee a Fox News reporter is salivating at this and chat GPTing as story as we speak….

Mark my words, that scene will get cut before release lol.

C
C
I’m not sure if it was mentioned already, but Swen did casually mention my favorite spell, Shield, in the opening. This gladdens me.
Oh yes, Shield being in the game is actually huge. The only bit of relevant good news concerning mechanics and it was delivered underhandedly through a quip.

Agreed *unless* they go into full umm details behind the not safe for streaming banner. It can be cheeky or out right gross…
It is exactly that banner that makes me think there's going to be a full-on scene in the final game. I can't decide if I see this as a pathetic and low attempt at gaining more publicity or simple humorous pandering to vocal Halsin fans taken a dozen steps too far.

I'm pretty sure the lead designer right at the start actually said both shield and see invisibility he 'forgot', which is a bummer for my pal/sorcerer multiclass. Unless he said different later?

C
addict
addict
C
Why present an adult subject as silly and humorous?

Because it's realistic? Not the turning into a bear part, that's not super realistic, but having that option for those that want it is pretty cool, even if it's an option I'll likely ever take.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Why present an adult subject as silly and humorous? Especially after giving the spiel about the consequences of choices during romances.

I've said elsewhere that I don't do romances so I'm not taking it seriously. I just thought the entire thing was another example of Larian's 'humour'. I'm also a member of the Lover's Lab community so I was neither impressed nor shocked.

I don’t understand the question. Why not present an adult subject as silly and humorous? Where is the discrepancy there?

And they did show the date with Karlach that was actually very sweet and human, so it’s not all going to be silly. There is variety. That’s a good thing.

I don’t know what Lover’s Lab is, but based on the name I am not looking it up. But the bear scene wasn’t meant to be “shocking.” It was meant to be playful and silly, and it was. I almost started laughing out loud in my office.

veteran
veteran
I am very curious about what they changed with Wyll. A lot of people found him boring so I suppose they maybe considered that in rewriting him. They also specifically said that he had a great story to tell but they weren't telling it well, so I'm guessing that his backstory in general is the same but they've done a lot of re-writing of his dialogue within the game. Him having a connection with Karlach now is really interesting. I wonder if it's got anything to do with Mizora wanting to get in good with Zariel and cash in on some sort of bounty? As long as they haven't re-written him to make him more overtly evil, I'm eager to see what they've done.

I'm also excited about what I heard regarding Warlocks. That sounds really cool, in conjunction with there being so much more dialogue in the game has me feeling confident that the initial EA classes are going to be brought in line with the later classes in terms of dialogue options, which I always assumed anyhow. But I wonder how they're going to go about the patrons? I hope they aren't too restrictive, but I'm pretty open personally. When I saw the pixie in act two my first thought was "oh, will my archfey warlock have reactivity related to that?"

Speaking of act two, interesting that the shadow-cursed land is going to be act two in its own right, maybe with some extra stuff around it. And the city itself will be act three. Very fascinating. I love the idea of Baldur's Mouth. Reading about our exploits is going to be incredibly fun.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I have finally the time to watch the rest of the panel.
I'll write later about my thoughts on all of this new information, maybe not today, since it's already a bit late. I'm even taking notes while watching the show this time 😄

Originally Posted by biomag
Yeah... I'm looking forward to play the game and I love how enthusastic the devs are - I know how they feel about their own project - at the same time I've yet not seen anything to regain confidence into the game. Mechanics and mood of the game are simply off for me. Yes, my group and I also have fun at the table and don't take everything seriously, but table tops also don't have the level of immersion of video games in that regard, so my expectations are different. Its not just me desparately trying to convey a whole cast of NPCs for my players, they have put so much effort into motion and voice capture but all the drama stands next to 'shove' and 'bear sex' or other silliness that constantly creeps up. For me I can't take anything seriously in the game, there is a very hard disconnect between the topics they bring up and the presentation. I honestly have not felt anything about any quest or character in the story so far, which is disappointing since in other games I rarely had such apathy towards these things.

I think the game has made a lot of progress in representation compared to most of the other games out there. The team is working very hard to include everyone. Yet there are again these Larian issues... you can create your own character, but why don't you try one of our own? Or at least this in-between-murderhobo? How shall we believe that the same effort was put into making Tav feel as full as an experience as those? In the end its personal preference, but I don't see myself even using the origin characters as companions at this point.

I really, really hope that once the game is out and experienced in full I will see its real strength that distracts me from the issues I have with it from early access. I would love for it to be as convincing as I thought it would be when I got it back then even though it might be very different from what I expected. Maybe there is a really good RPG game that overshadows all the issues people rightfully mentioned again in this thread. It would be fantastic if it was the case.
Beautifully put, I 100% agree with everything said.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Aurora42
There is a modesty filter, dont like nude, use filter ?... secondly, we have choises, like alot of people said before me, dont like something, dont do it... im actually proud of Larian for making BG3 more then hack n slash... We have the choise to be good, to be evil, and choose to engage in the mysteries of life, if you dont want to partake in the birds and the bees, then dont choose to... and its to late to do anything about it, the bear is out of the box !

Oh don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with nudity and I have had a Succubus modded character (speaking of Loverslab) in one of my Skyrim play thrus. It’s just that what I am doing is fan made modded. What they are doing could very well hurt the game and community. I grew up in the days when D&D was of the “devil and satanic” (1980-1990’s). I just don’t want the moniker of beastiality patch onto this.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I am very curious about what they changed with Wyll.
Dont make me rewatch whole 3h just now. laugh
What was said? O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by crashdaddy

I'm pretty sure the lead designer right at the start actually said both shield and see invisibility he 'forgot', which is a bummer for my pal/sorcerer multiclass. Unless he said different later?

He said he forgot to put them in the last update, not the game itself. If they weren’t planning on putting them in the game I doubt they’d mention them.

enthusiast
enthusiast
seeing content from the cursed woods, i wonder if we can in some way do both paths, couse i dont want to miss any of those... i want o do it both i want all the pie !

Originally Posted by crashdaddy
Didn't he mean he 'forgot' to include them in the gazette list of new spells? I don't quite remember, he blurted it out quickly and then it was never mentioned again.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I am very curious about what they changed with Wyll.
Dont make me rewatch whole 3h just now. laugh
What was said? O_o

I believe they said that they rewrote him, quote, "from the ground up." That he had a great story to tell but they weren't telling it well. Now he's got some connection with Karlach and his story can branch out from early on.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Weapons on the back the massive staff floating in the air looks goofy as fk i hate it

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Xzoviac
Weapons on the back the massive staff floating in the air looks goofy as fk i hate it

Welcome to video games.

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard