Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Aurora42
Dragonborn is reptilians... that bear isnt a animal its a human...
The form of the Dragonborn, while having reptilian features, is still https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanoid
The form of the druid is on all fours, with a head that proceeds outward directly from the spine rather than upright, It has no distinction between hands and feet, having only paws instead, without thumbs. Its ears are on the top of its head instead of the sides. It bears (pun intended) a resemblance to a real world animal while the dragonborn does not, and so is more reminiscent of an animal than the dragonborn.

But don't ask me, ask the TikTok moderation team.

Look, if you're into that, more power to you. But I'm going to talk on this forum about how it's weird because I think it's weird.

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 08/07/23 12:00 AM.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
enthusiast
enthusiast
i dont care for Tiktok, they aint exatly known for free speech ?... maybe you look up who own them

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Aurora42
i dont care for Tiktok, they aint exatly known for free speech ?... maybe you look up who own them
I don't like them either.
Let's just agree to disagree?

addict
addict
Did the Dark Urge have a custom name? Or was it Dark Urge lol?!?

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
THE Dark Urge is the name. You introduce yourself as "Hi, I am The Dark Urge."

enthusiast
enthusiast
Agree laugh

addict
addict
I also suspect the Dark Urge is a child of one of the Bhaalspawn.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Having said everything I said:

Astarion demanding Halsin turn into a bear is just about the most Astarion thing he could've done in that scene.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Beechams
Originally Posted by colinl8
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Just done a search for 'Halsin bear sex' and the hits just keep comin'

"Hey buddy have you played Baldur's Gate 3?"
"Isn't that the bestiality simulator? Wtf why would I play that?"
"Didn't they say it had like 200 hours of cinematics? WTF, dude?"
That would be more than 200 wildlife documentaries.

“A den of stinking evil. Cover your nose Boo! We will leave no crevice untouched!“

😂

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Holy shit. Just remembered. Who was the badass looking women dressed in red? She was in the PFH and is in the video above at the 54 second mark.
Also, who was that large gith female with Lae'zel? Surely not the ancient lich queen?

The narration with her (the pale lady in red) was something something '...worships a horrendous diety' and it showed bhaal's symbol at the same time, so....the Absolute real identity confirmed? Bhaalspawn or Bhaal maybe?

She's Orin the Red, a Bhaal worshipping Shapeshifter (Changeling maybe?).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by colinl8
On the acting in the intro, my 14 year old: "this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen"
yes every Larian event ever... there is a reason real actors get payed

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Holy shit. Just remembered. Who was the badass looking women dressed in red? She was in the PFH and is in the video above at the 54 second mark.
Also, who was that large gith female with Lae'zel? Surely not the ancient lich queen?

The narration with her (the pale lady in red) was something something '...worships a horrendous diety' and it showed bhaal's symbol at the same time, so....the Absolute real identity confirmed? Bhaalspawn or Bhaal maybe?

Plot twist, The “Throne of Bhaal” expansion is cannon and the Absolute is the Solar that took the Bhaal taint and became a new demi god. IIRC even if Abdel did not give up his Bhaal taint, didn’t Imoen’s still get taken by that Solar?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
THE Dark Urge is the name. You introduce yourself as "Hi, I am The Dark Urge."

Ugg I hope this is not the case and we can change it like we can change Tav.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Relampago
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Well, this PFH finally made it explicit for me that the core theme of this game is: evil is cool; good is boring. And that is the exact opposite of the original BG games. Dark Urge is the final awful piece of the game. What a disgusting psychopath monster! That Swen and co. would see Dark Urge as some cool, awesome, interesting, fun character to play says a lot.

It's a huge blow that there is no truly good party to play with, a first for a D&D-style party-based RPG.

For Act 1, Karlach, Gale, Halsin, and now it seems like Wyll (it seems you can now fork him to Good Folk Hero or Evil Machine of Devil Vengeance). For later you also have Jaheria and Minsc. 4 char party 6 potentially good companions. I didn't include Shadowheart because you still get some negative reaction modifiers from her for doing some good things like helping the refugees.

On the clearly Evil side you have Laezel, Minratha, Shadowheart (even if she is flippable to good her default reaction modifiers tend to an evil playthrough you have to thread the line otherwise). Wyll in this category is up for grabs, for now his default rection modifiers tend to support you doing good things but that may have been reworked given the information they told is in this PfH.

So yes there is a truly good party to play with. As for Karlach she came off as pretty sweet in the PfH, yes she lived in Avernus because she was enslaved but she was killing demons for the devils. Its not like her background was murdering people for devils. She seems a pretty stereotypically sweet good char personality like Halsin, and Minsc.

For me i am going to engage this as if i was eyes wide open my traditional good playthroughs. I will recruit them all, but once i in game learn Asatarion is a vampire spawn i will sideline him and give him to the monster hunter at that point in the story, and i wont put up with Laezel for long, i will try to show her the wrong of her ways but replace her for Karlch pretty soon after Karlach becomes recruitable. I will however persist and try to flip Shadowheart to Selune if that is possible in game. I wont be bored with that good playthrough and i will be amped when i can work together with Jaheria and Minsc and the Harpers.
You are conveniently lumping in neutral with the good side but not the evil side. Neutral is exactly that, and very much NOT good. Gale and Wyll are definitely not good, and the PFH confirmed that Jaheira is neutral. So, only Karlach, Halsin, and Minsc are truly good companions.

And on "redeeming" companions, I won't play along with Larian's silly cliche of "redeeming" a Sharran priestess and turning her good. I don't at all see that as the job of my good PC. In my game, the companions will stay who they were when I first met them, evil or good.

Philosophy, you can't be good and refuse to redeem someone you know is redeemable, that's an act of evil and arguably leaves you a share in the evil they do.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
Originally Posted by Ixal
Tiefling horns are customisable.
> Can we finally choose a true No Horns ? (Not vaguely-cut horns ?)
> And No Tail ?
So basically a human with a more exotic paintjob?

Yes, -ish. I don't like Tieflings that are mass-produced according to strict specifications. Being exposed to the magic of the planes (or even just the plane of the Nine Hells, or even just having devil ancestors) should result in a wide range of possible "mutations" / features. Weird eyes, 6th little fingers, black nails, weird teeth, horns, tails, weird ears, weird skin colour, ... or any mix of any subset.

I'm not expecting Larian to add options for 6th finger, nail colour, etc ... but the option to have no horn or no tail is just a matter of including these options in the list of horn styles and ... tail style.

No horns is already an option in EA.

stranger
stranger
It was a bold PFH but most importantly i am hyped as hell now for the dark urge

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Sozz
Well the biggest take away for me, they redid Wyl's story from the beginning.

I didn't really dislike the premise of Wyll's backstory, so I'll have to wait and see if the new version feels like an improvement before celebrating.
Alzo, Mizora better still be a thing.

You see Wyll summoning Mizora to him in the video when they are talking about Warlock patrons and classes having RP value, not just mechanics. Its a wicked looking scene.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
Originally Posted by Ixal
Tiefling horns are customisable.
> Can we finally choose a true No Horns ? (Not vaguely-cut horns ?)
> And No Tail ?
So basically a human with a more exotic paintjob?

Yes, -ish. I don't like Tieflings that are mass-produced according to strict specifications. Being exposed to the magic of the planes (or even just the plane of the Nine Hells, or even just having devil ancestors) should result in a wide range of possible "mutations" / features. Weird eyes, 6th little fingers, black nails, weird teeth, horns, tails, weird ears, weird skin colour, ... or any mix of any subset.

I'm not expecting Larian to add options for 6th finger, nail colour, etc ... but the option to have no horn or no tail is just a matter of including these options in the list of horn styles and ... tail style.

No horns is already an option in EA.

He’s talking about the no horns option that looks like a normal head, not the “ no horns” option that looks like your skull bone is exposed. Not all Tiefling look like demons/devils. Typically, first generation Tieflings (or ones that were generated by being exposed to the hells) look like the EA ones. Charecters with foul blood ancestry may manifest in many ways. Many can look almost completely humanoid with the exception of a small trait. IE cat eyes, sulfur smell, etc.

old hand
old hand
For those who are like why would I play custom origin, when I can play Dark Urge, Custom still has some unique elements that other origins, including Dark Urge, don't the biggest being Daisy.

Last edited by Omegaphallic; 08/07/23 01:06 AM.
old hand
old hand
[/quote]

I'm not expecting Larian to add options for 6th finger, nail colour, etc ... but the option to have no horn or no tail is just a matter of including these options in the list of horn styles and ... tail style.[/quote]

No horns is already an option in EA.[/quote]

He’s talking about the no horns option that looks like a normal head, not the “ no horns” option that looks like your skull bone is exposed. Not all Tiefling look like demons/devils. Typically, first generation Tieflings (or ones that were generated by being exposed to the hells) look like the EA ones. Charecters with foul blood ancestry may manifest in many ways. Many can look almost completely humanoid with the exception of a small trait. IE cat eyes, sulfur smell, etc.[/quote]

Look up Brimstone Angels. Long story short around 100 years ago a coven did a ritual with the God of Hell to turn a generation of Tieflings and their descendants into the kind of Infernal Tiefling like you see in BG3. These Tieflings breed true, fuck a goblin and she'll still give birth to a Tiefling. The old school Tieflings still exist, created the old school Planescape way in the setting (Swordcoast Advennturer's Guide), but they are far rarer then Infernal Tieflings.

To thrown another lore twist out there, in addition to Infernal 4e/5e style true breeding horned Tieflings, the revised edition of the PHB coming 2024, has Abyssal Tieflings, and Chthonic Tieflings, no explaination how they fit into the lore or settings.

Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard