Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
enthusiast
enthusiast
You do know Dragonborn is reptilians ?...

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Originally Posted by lilmonster
I'm pretty sure that the Dark Urge is a Bhaal Spawn. Especially after seeing what it seems very much like the Slayer form at 0:57 of the Release Teaser:

Slayer form was datamined YEARS ago.

I hope we get an Illithid-like Slayer form if we get regular slayer and tadpole together.

I see, but I don't think that this rule out the possibility of the Dark Urge being a Bhaal spawn. It matches the original games in the fact that you can succumb to the murderous urges that come with being the offspring of the God of murder.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
+ Patron interactions sound cool
+ Was great to see additional character creator features
+ Karlach -- want to know more mechanically, does infernal rage replace other subclass rage features (e.g., frenzy?)
+ great to hear multiclassing and respeccing confirmed
+ great to hear Wyll was reworked. He had lots of problems, his story revolving around a couple goblins you can kill right away, and being the "BLADE" of frontiers, but being much better at eldritch blast spam. setting him up to be antagonistic to Karlach is really cool.

- Nothing on whether origin characters can be modified in any way, or whether they can be respecced (really wish I could make Gale a high elf and play as that, Humans are mechanically bad)
- Nothing on warlock pact boons
- Nothing on stat rolling or Tasha's floating ASI
- do respecs allow rerolling stats or just classes?
- no explanation if Dark Urge is just Tav+ or whether it's a trade off. Does Tav have unique storyline not available to Dark urge? Basically, other than perhaps not wanting to see brutal suggestions, is there ANY reason to play Tav over dark urge?

Last edited by BROttorney; 07/07/23 11:13 PM.
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
I'm pretty sure that the Dark Urge is a Bhaal Spawn. Especially after seeing what it seems very much like the Slayer form at 0:57 of the Release Teaser:

Slayer form was datamined YEARS ago.

I hope we get an Illithid-like Slayer form if we get regular slayer and tadpole together.

I see, but I don't think that this rule out the possibility of the Dark Urge being a Bhaal spawn. It matches the original games in the fact that you can succumb to the murderous urges that come with being the offspring of the God of murder.
Oh no I'm agreeing with you; I just think the Slayer point is older news.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by colinl8
Originally Posted by Beechams
Just done a search for 'Halsin bear sex' and the hits just keep comin'

"Hey buddy have you played Baldur's Gate 3?"
"Isn't that the bestiality simulator? Wtf why would I play that?"
"Didn't they say it had like 200 hours of cinematics? WTF, dude?"
That would be more than 200 wildlife documentaries.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by colinl8
Just done a search for 'Halsin bear sex' and the hits just keep comin'

You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Aurora42
You do know Dragonborn is reptilians ?...
"Two legs good; four legs bad."
-Georgina Orwellina

B
old hand
old hand
B
You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel

"Do bears shit in the woods?"
"Dunno but they shag in video games".

Larian make a big thing about your in game actions having consequences. A bit like displaying bestiality on a livestream then?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Lake Plisko
Also - does anyone else find it odd that Karlach isn't included in any of the promotional material on the banners and stuff?

I notice they added her to the main website. But I don't really see her anywhere else.

Well they only announced her as a origin character less than a week ago, so it would've been odd to use her in any marketing prior to that.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Holy shit. Just remembered. Who was the badass looking women dressed in red? She was in the PFH and is in the video above at the 54 second mark.
Also, who was that large gith female with Lae'zel? Surely not the ancient lich queen?

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Holy shit. Just remembered. Who was the badass looking women dressed in red? She was in the PFH and is in the video above at the 54 second mark.
Also, who was that large gith female with Lae'zel? Surely not the ancient lich queen?
Probably a champion of the absolute.

Also, probably yes.

veteran
veteran

The woman in red seems to be one of the three absolute chosen, same as Gortash and Ketheric.

The big Githyanki was probably se projection of Vlaakith, but the small one was not Laezel, but a custom character.

enthusiast
enthusiast
so if the bear walks on two legs and grabs penisy things with its paws, we are golden ?

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Siege664
Originally Posted by Lake Plisko
Also - does anyone else find it odd that Karlach isn't included in any of the promotional material on the banners and stuff?

I notice they added her to the main website. But I don't really see her anywhere else.

Well they only announced her as a origin character less than a week ago, so it would've been odd to use her in any marketing prior to that.

Oh, I am not saying she should have been in any material before that.

I am saying they announced her a week ago and they are doing heavy promotion of the game on their site and stuff. But she isn't included with any of the other characters on the banners yet. Forming a party is a huge part of the promotion and it seems odd one of the main origins is not there yet.

It would be like... I dunno... CD Projekt Red announced the expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 and then just didn't update the website with the new information for a week or two after.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
so if the bear walks on two legs and grabs penisy things with its paws, we are golden ?
Make the bear walk on two legs, give it opposable thumbs, and more humanoid features, and you're good, as it is clearly more of a reference to a humanoid than an animal, which makes it less reminiscent of bestiality, which is generally not a good thing.

They were banned from TikTok! And TikTok has really low standards for that kind of stuff!

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 07/07/23 11:31 PM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I dont know, but a standing bear next to a dragonborn... it reminds me about those religious fanatics in utah trying to ban certain books from school and in doing so ending up also banning their belowed bible from schools...

veteran
veteran

The narration with her (the pale lady in red) was something something '...worships a horrendous diety' and it showed bhaal's symbol at the same time, so....the Absolute real identity confirmed? Bhaalspawn or Bhaal maybe?

Last edited by Boblawblah; 07/07/23 11:46 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I haven't finished the panel yet (I'm very busy taking notes 😄), but there were some other very interesting statements, regarding our companions and possible romance or any kind of relationship.

(I hope I got this statement from the associate lead writer correct)

"Companion characters have the potential to grow and develop in interesting ways, and indeed the thing that makes them, that often kind of incites that within them or can urge them along the journey or block them on that journey, is you, the player, and it's very much you who is influencing how they develop and who they become."

This was exactly the confirmation I have been waiting for. I always assumed that this is possible, because I think that our companions are complex, nuanced and well written characters, with the potential to develop in different directions.
I like character growth and development, very much so.

And there's a statement from another writer, that it's sometimes actually better to have an argument and challenge your partner about their way of thinking.

I like to play my characters like that: listening to the companions, being empathetic (don't know if that's the right word) while also making very clear what they consider unacceptable.

(But now I'll continue to watch the show, I think I will have to watch some of it tomorrow.)

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
I dont know, but a standing bear next to a dragonborn... it reminds me about those religious fanatics in utah trying to ban certain books from school and in doing so ending up also banning their belowed bible from schools...
I'm not talking about banning anything. I'm just observing that toeing the line on bestiality is a really weird decision that is going to be brought up when people mention this game and might make it awkward to recommend at times.

"The less the druid sex scene looks like bestiality the better," is not an outrageous or pearl-clutching opinion to have.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Dragonborn is reptilians... that bear isnt a animal its a human...

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard