Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
colinl8 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
C
When Swen said "kids, including my own, don't watch this," I assumed it was normal stuff that like yeah, isn't age appropriate for early teens by stupid american standards, but is also just being a human being so that warning (I assumed) was intended for puritanical nonsense situations.

Then I watched softcore bear stuff with one of my kids. He's 14, I think if he gets the humor he'd try to hide that because I'm sure that's what I would have done in a similar situation at that age.

Little dude loves D&D. DMing is a lot of energy that I just don't have, and a computer game that makes that happen is rad. In EA he's been able to play with me making sure it's all as close to age-appropriate as possible.

I really, really hope the content filter options are straightforward and profile-dependent. Little mate loves d&d, loves the game, and keeping it age appropriate hasn't been difficult in EA, but I missed the mark today.

S
old hand
old hand
S
While I agree that some scene went quite far, you have to consider this :
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
After two warnings and the appearance of naked people on screen, I think you only have yourself to blame there.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yea, they did warn as the above label states... and Sven said there is a modesty fiter, that i asume is going to remove all said options... i cant see what else such a filter will affect ?

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Aurora42
Yea, they did warn as the above label states... and Sven said there is a modesty fiter, that i asume is going to remove all said options... i cant see what else such a filter will affect ?
Now that you mention it, there is indeed a censoring option for sexual content in the form of a leave hiding genitals. It has been datamined some times ago. The thing is, Larian really wanted to show the whole spectrum of relationship there, so they most likely disregarded using it. It would have been great for this option to finally be made official after the extreme scene we saw.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by snowram
I think you only have yourself to blame there.
+1

Sometimes i feel almost sory for ESRB ...
It try so hard to rate games, to warn people in advance what to expect ... just to be completely ignored. -_-

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 08/07/23 05:33 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I agree with the others: content warnings are there for a reason - maybe listen to it next time?

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
It's literally an M rated game. Though to this day I still can not fathom why people think strong scenes of disendowment, torture, and death. Are better for children to watch than nudity, and sex.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by EMTFields
It's literally an M rated game. Though to this day I still can not fathom why people think strong scenes of disendowment, torture, and death. Are better for children to watch than nudity, and sex.
Can't say I disagree. The whole bear thing just made me laugh, but the various scenes of mutilation shown in that PFH were at least disturbing to me. Both are not intended for children, but one is a kink the'll get one day, the other is always distrubing.

veteran
veteran
Before this topic gets inevidablely locked ...
I think there is one important question that should be asked ... and it was brought to my atention by Chubblot on Twitter:

Wait did some poor soul at Larian have to model a bear penis

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 08/07/23 09:42 AM.

veteran
veteran
no animals were 'harmed' making this video?

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
old hand
old hand
So, according to the comments, no one watched this with their kids, which was the question of the thread by the way, but everyone felt an obligation to make some blaming rituals here?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by neprostoman
So, according to the comments, no one watched this with their kids, which was the question of the thread by the way, but everyone felt an obligation to make some blaming rituals here?
Yes, because why would I watch a M 18+ game with my kid who isn't 18. Personally I think it was dumb to ask.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by EMTFields
Yes, because why would I watch a M 18+ game with my kid who isn't 18. Personally I think it was dumb to ask.
Shit happens, you know? Do you always cross the street on green? May be thats not the greatest of parallels, but surely you can get the general point?
You are the guys who made this thread into this, not the OP. There was no crying or demand in his initial message, no discontent, no question even just some feedback to share. By starting your finger pointing and blaming the only thing you do is come out as rude and bitter people, imo. Feel free to disagree.

W
W
You can't let someone watch 17+ content and then complain when it contains 17+ content.

veteran
veteran
Do you always cross the street on green?
Yes.
And even one step futher ... no matter what light glows, i also allways fist LOOK at the trafic, to make sure they are slowing down with intention to stop.
Since i kinda get used to living in last few decades ... i see no reason to end it prematurely. smile

Feel free to disagree.
As you wish.
I do ...

I wouldns say there was "no discontent" ...
It seemed to me like OP didnt really expected this to be seen, and give little to none credibility to Swens warning ... its good that OP amited it was their own fault (by sentence "i missed the mark") ...
But in general you can claim that we all are agreeing with this statement, rather than poiting fingers and blaming. :P

Also "no demand", thats also kinda bold statement ...
Especialy since OP openly express their hopes about content filter settings ...
And probably will be quite shocked, after they find out that the scene we got was most likely WITH modesty filter turned on (hense, that covenient blade of grass, hiding Halsins penis) ...

As for "no question" part ...
This may be my lack nuances knowledge in english ...
But the question in topic title seems purely rhetoric to me ... or at least i cant find any reason why would anyone gather data about people who are watching this with their kids. laugh

And finaly, us being rude and bitter ...
I dont indend to take away your opinion ... but personaly i dont see there single rude or bitter coment, people are just factualy poiting out all other marks OP "could have missed" aswell. wink

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 08/07/23 10:38 AM.

L
addict
addict
L
"Who else watched bear sex with their kid?"

I did not watch bear sex with my child.

journeyman
journeyman
Shit happens, you know? Do you always cross the street on green? May be thats not the greatest of parallels, but surely you can get the general point?
You are the guys who made this thread into this, not the OP. There was no crying or demand in his initial message, no discontent, no question even just some feedback to share. By starting your finger pointing and blaming the only thing you do is come out as rude and bitter people, imo. Feel free to disagree.

Oh yes I do disagree. To let your child watch 18+ material and then be surprised when that material is shown and that it isn't "age appropriate" (his own words). And then, hoping for a content filter. Isn't "shit happening." Also I'm not pointing my finger, it's his child not mine. But don't act surprised when unsuitable content in a game that's not marketed to the kid age bracket is shown off. So feedback: Don't let your under age child watch 18+ content when they're underage, and be surprised when they see that content.

Last edited by EMTFields; 08/07/23 10:44 AM.
old hand
old hand
Rag, I know that you like to dissect every word, with that approach I can see how the initial post can come as a complaint/demand. I guess we'll have to wait for the OP to clarify some things, but personally, I had an impression that the thread wasn't meant for such things, rather finding out whether people were caught off guard by this. I usually follow the rules in my life, but there are times when I can go for a shortcut or dismiss some warning that proved to be fickle in my previous observations. Same could happen here.

veteran
veteran
I honestly doubt OP will clarify anything ...
Can be wrong tho, obviously ... im still just (let me check, oh yes) a human after all. smile

Thats not even anything against OP, i just believe that this topic served its purpose and there is nothing more to add on their side.
(again, that is just mine impresion)

Same as with us neprostoman ...
You have your opinion, i have mine ... i believe we understand each other, and disagree with each other ...

Wich is totally fine by me. smile
And i believe it will be with you aswell?

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 08/07/23 11:00 AM.

old hand
old hand
Sure! I am not here to force my opinion on anyone.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard