Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Omegon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
The face that got revealed recently is way to "pretty" and doesnt fit her body. We need scars, she needs to look tough as nails. Like her datamined old look. that one was perfect.

veteran
veteran
I also like her old look better. But honestly, I can't imagine her current VA to carry the old look.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Absolutely needs an inbetween. While the new face suits the va better having the face be entirely unblemished just makes the model look unfinished.

There needs to be at least some scarring to match the rest of the body. Would be nice if the face wasn't as preetified as it has been but eh, if that works for yall so be it.

But yeah, currently looks wrong.

veteran
veteran
I think she looks alright. It seems to me like her scaring is partial - focused on right arm and right side torso. Left hand seems undamanged. She definitely has "badass but also be pretty" kind of a design, but I think it fits the artificiality of the rest of the game.

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
There was already some chat - and opinions on both sides - about this in https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=853600#Post853600.

Personally I’m willing to give the new model the benefit of the doubt. It’s quite hard to see the details of the complexion of her face well in the only screenshot I’ve seen (below, from the last community update) but it looks better and more badass than the latest EA version to me. Admittedly it’s not as hardcore as the datamined version and just judging by the image I’ve seen I’d probably have preferred that, but I don’t think there’s much in it. I’m waiting to see what I think when I see the new look Karlach in action, hopefully on Friday!

[Linked Image from clan.cloudflare.steamstatic.com]

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Agreed ...
Its a bit weird that she have broken horn ... and scared and burned shoulders ... and in between that, her face is smooth as a newborn ass. O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Agreed ...
Its a bit weird that she have broken horn ... and scared and burned shoulders ... and in between that, her face is smooth as a newborn ass. O_o

In any case, her fire resistance didn't do much good... But the strongest fires exist only in hell. devil

Hmm, she has rather long hair for someone who is very close to hellfire.
Any blacksmith will confirm that such hair is not a good idea.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Agreed ...
Maybe it's just a fashion statement, like torn jeans.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Edvin Black
Hmm, she has rather long hair for someone who is very close to hellfire.
Any blacksmith will confirm that such hair is not a good idea.

There was one version of her ( datamined), where she had no hair at all and scars on her head. That was my favorite version tbh.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
I agree. Her face just doesn't match her body, it's too smooth. Was it just to make her prettier? She looked great with the burn scars on her face as well. The contrast between her face and body is so weird looking.

Here is the complete evolution of her face.
The best face was probably the penultimate one.
Dirt, scars, but she was still pretty.

But she definitely needs shorter hair.
Anything below the shoulders is too long.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by Edvin Black; 03/07/23 01:53 PM.
By the way, her hairstyle on the official artwork was much more practical.
No long hair. They should go back to that hairstyle.

enthusiast
enthusiast

This is hands down the best one. To be fair, it looks quite similar to the present one and I'm just asking myself if we cannot see the details on the face because of some downgrade in texture quality (maybe the footage was from a ps5 version of the game?) or the darker light.

Originally Posted by Sharet
This is hands down the best one. To be fair, it looks quite similar to the present one and I'm just asking myself if we cannot see the details on the face because of some downgrade in texture quality (maybe the footage was from a ps5 version of the game?) or the darker light.

I think the lips and cheekbones are a bit different too.
It's definitely a face more suited to a barbarian warrior.

Anyway, if they bring back her scars and shorten her hair I'll be happy even with the current version.

Last edited by Edvin Black; 03/07/23 03:22 PM.
veteran
veteran
They should go back to that hairstyle.
Dont you dare, Larian!

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
By the way, her hairstyle on the official artwork was much more practical.
No long hair. They should go back to that hairstyle.

To be fair, the length might just not be visible in that pic. That huge collar could hide a lot of hair!

Personally I'm neutral on this one. I definitely like the asymmetric shaven-sided style so would definitely say no to bald, but whether it has a longer bit at back or not I reckon it still looks cool.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
To be fair, the length might just not be visible in that pic. That huge collar could hide a lot of hair!

Personally I'm neutral on this one. I definitely like the asymmetric shaven-sided style so would definitely say no to bald, but whether it has a longer bit at back or not I reckon it still looks cool.

That's true, but it would be a little weird to hide such a pile of hair under clothes.
I'm pretty sure that at least the original idea was short hair, specifically only what we see in the artwork.

Maybe they changed their minds because it's much easier to promote sexy women with soft features and long hair.
But I think that in Karlach's case it was not a change for the better, because when compared to the rest of her body, her hair looks... "inappropriate".
It's definitely not the type of hairstyle you'd recommend for a barbarian warrior.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
asymmetric shaven-sided style
I thought its regular mohawk, that is falling on one side. laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegon
The face that got revealed recently is way to "pretty" and doesnt fit her body. We need scars, she needs to look tough as nails. Like her datamined old look. that one was perfect.

I completely agree, her old face was wonderful, appropriate for her story, great.

It makes no sense that the fire and whatever knocked off her horn decided paused to give her a facial and to sculpt her eyebrows, particularly at the point of the story when we meet her.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard