Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by dwig
When you say "Ranger/Rogue" are you implying that multiclassing is in? Or is that just how you think of her?
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
When you say "Ranger/Rogue" are you implying that multiclassing is in? Or is that just how you think of her?

multiclassing was confirmed this morning.
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Multiclassing confirmed.
Respeccing whenever you want confirmed.
Being encouraged to blend classes for unique combinations confirmed.

Yep, as folk have said, we definitely have multiclassing. I didn’t have much time to really look at it, but I saw nothing to indicate that it wasn’t being handled in line with 5e.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Are racial attributes still a thing?

From our recent chat on this topic, I realise this is going to be a divisive one!

But in the build I got to play with, for my custom character, each race seemed to have a default +2 and +1 to different attributes, but this was configurable (it had to be a +2 and +1, though, not three +1s). So I was able to give my halfling +2 Dex, +1 Wis. I’m pretty sure, though not 100%, that this included humans, but didn’t have time to look through every race to see what they got in addition to their stat bonuses.
As feared.
When you make a BG3 you sadly cant escape the dumbing down of D&D.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by kanisatha
I would like to know:

1) Is it possible to multiclass the companions?

2) Are there any additional options to the difficulty settings besides the three standard settings?

3) Is it possible to pause the game during realtime exploration?

I’m so sorry, kanisatha! I did very badly on spotting answers to your questions.

1. I think I had the option to multiclass my companions, but as I was trying to hurry I just accepted the defaults so I’m not 100% sure. Probably safest to wait for confirmation from a more reliable source.

2. I didn’t see any options for fine-tuning difficulty settings beyond the three levels.

3. I always just press escape to pause and didn’t try to do anything different, so I’m afraid I don’t know if there are any changes here.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I would like to know:

2) Are there any additional options to the difficulty settings besides the three standard settings?

I’m so sorry, kanisatha! I did very badly on spotting answers to your questions.

1. I think I had the option to multiclass my companions, but as I was trying to hurry I just accepted the defaults so I’m not 100% sure. Probably safest to wait for confirmation from a more reliable source.

2. I didn’t see any options for fine-tuning difficulty settings beyond the three levels.

3. I always just press escape to pause and didn’t try to do anything different, so I’m afraid I don’t know if there are any changes here.

Just as a heads up to both of you on the first question -

There are screenshots of Jaheira being spec'ed as a Druid/Sorceror. So multiclassing for companions does seem to be confirmed.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by colinl8
Super glad for you! What a treat, and the effort you put into moderating, it's very well earned!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
Can you rename the Dark Urge like you can Tav? Or are you stuck with the name “Dark Urge”?

Another one where I do not know! I had a v quick look at The Dark Urge character creation but only really flipped to it.

When I created my custom character, I was asked for her name at the end (big improvement, and so hopefully no more accidental “Tavs”), and it’s certainly possible that the same is true for The Dark Urge, but I genuinely don’t know.

F
addict
addict
F
Are racial attributes still a thing?

From our recent chat on this topic, I realise this is going to be a divisive one!

But in the build I got to play with, for my custom character, each race seemed to have a default +2 and +1 to different attributes, but this was configurable (it had to be a +2 and +1, though, not three +1s). So I was able to give my halfling +2 Dex, +1 Wis. I’m pretty sure, though not 100%, that this included humans, but didn’t have time to look through every race to see what they got in addition to their stat bonuses.
Very interesting. The obvious thing to give humans would be a feat.

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 08/07/23 11:32 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Aurora42
Big grats on the event !

I do have a question, its probably not as important but im still curious, do you know if there is hair dressers and or barbers, or any kind of changing custom apreance ingame ?... thanks

Thank you!

I didn’t come across hairdressers or barbers, so this remains an open question I’m afraid. It doesn’t feel out of the question given other character customisation options I did see, but we’ll come to them in a bit as I think I saw a later question on that.

But I’m afraid my plane is boarding soon, so I’ll need to pick up on these questions when I’m back in Scotland.

In the meantime, can I suggest that if anyone wants to discuss any of the stuff I’ve already said here in more depth, they use a different existing thread or start a new one specifically on that topic, just so we can keep this thread focused on questions and answers, rather than opinions on those answers (which I’m sure we’ll all have!).

I’ll be back in a few hours.

veteran
veteran
During the last part of PFH, when Swen was playing and find his game corrupted ... he pressed escape, and you could still clearly see the scene moving on in background.

So i would dare to presume the answer here is: Nope.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 08/07/23 11:36 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Have a good and save flight, Queen. And thank you for taking the time to answering us.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Beechams
Did you notice any changes to the trading or any sign of crafting?
Any new content up to the point/place you managed to get to? Probably not as it was only level2 and the grove.
What about the xp and the level progression? Did it feel about the same speed/pace?

But my character did start the game with an Alchemy Pouch (and a Keyring and a Camp Supply Pack), and there was a screen for alchemy that apparently lets us create “poisons, elixirs and weapon-coatings” from raw ingredients, though unfortunately I never had chance to play around with it.

So we have a full crafting system in place - and the keyring is implemented. This is huge. This is the biggest reveal I have seen since yesterday!

I'd really love to know more about that crafting system if you have any additional info. Blacksmithing? Magic item crafting?

Last edited by Blackheifer; 08/07/23 12:15 PM.

Blackheifer
S
stranger
stranger
S
Have a good and flight, Queen!
Can you say, was there an option to change character in dialog to pass checks with right character who has needed skill?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
So we have a full crafting system in place - and the keyring is implemented. This is huge. This is the biggest reveal I have seen since yesterday!
Agreed ...
Feels kinda weird they missed opourtunity to tell us huh?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Agreed ...

The whole event felt like they were not so much telling to us, but to the band of bloggers and influencers from the media. It also felt like if the event was time pressured somehow.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Agreed ...

The whole event felt like they were not so much telling to us, but to the band of bloggers and influencers from the media. It also felt like if the event was time pressured somehow.
They did have numerous technical issues.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
I would like to know:

Thanks for answering! Much appreciated. Glad you got to have this great opportunity. smile

Originally Posted by Lake Plisko
I would like to know:

Just as a heads up to both of you on the first question -

There are screenshots of Jaheira being spec'ed as a Druid/Sorceror. So multiclassing for companions does seem to be confirmed.
Yeah I did see that, but was not sure if that was due to someone multiclassing her or if she just comes that way now per how Larian has written her.

veteran
veteran
Agreed ...

But they spent a bunch of time on spoiler cutscenes and bear sex..?

B
old hand
old hand
B
snip . . .
Thanks very much for the reply.
Personally I'd have preferred keys to disappear once used but the camping supplies pouch will be a godsend on the inventory management front.

And we will want a full report on the bear incident and how you read the room.

Last edited by Beechams; 08/07/23 04:17 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Did you notice any changes to the trading or any sign of crafting?
Any new content up to the point/place you managed to get to? Probably not as it was only level2 and the grove.
What about the xp and the level progression? Did it feel about the same speed/pace?

But my character did start the game with an Alchemy Pouch (and a Keyring and a Camp Supply Pack), and there was a screen for alchemy that apparently lets us create “poisons, elixirs and weapon-coatings” from raw ingredients, though unfortunately I never had chance to play around with it.

I'd really love to know more about that crafting system if you have any additional info. Blacksmithing? Magic item crafting?
I wouldn't call that anywhere near a full crafting system. 'Poisons, elixirs and weapon-coatings' isn't making or enchanting weapons or armour.

veteran
veteran
Agreed ...

yeah, hopefully we can get some additional info on how extensive the crafting system is. I can't imagine they stopped at alchemy and were like "ok, that's good enough"

This is VERY exciting.

I wouldn't call that anywhere near a full crafting system. 'Poisons, elixirs and weapon-coatings' isn't making or enchanting weapons or armour.

Who hurt you? Why so negative? Buck up fella, it's going to be ok. laugh

Look, the preponderance of evidence suggests they were gearing up for a full crafting system as all the elements for it have been included - we got crafting benches and forges and ingots and tools...that there is an actual "Crafting Panel" is pretty darn solid evidence that its a full system.

Blackheifer
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L

I imagine a lot of this is also because they want the game to feel fresh and surprising when it comes out.

I also see no reason to reveal every little detail or system that is included in the game. I don't think it is going to sell more copies for them or anything like that - nor will it make the game more or less fun when it comes out.

Forums are here to chat about stuff and it is fun. But we are three weeks out from release. A bunch of dorks getting upset on Larian forums because they don't know if every system was fixed/changed/included has very little impact on the overall perception of the game, success of it, sales or how those people will think of it when they actually play it.

Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard