Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Spores druids exist.

There are fungi IRL that "mind control zombie ants". I think Spore Druids having Animate Dead is fair, since the bodies in this case are merely hosts for a parasitic/symbiotic entity.

G
addict
addict
G
Thanks, Niara. Larian is a bunch of kooky chemists cooking up stuff.

This game had a lot of potential, but so much dev time was spent on meme and quick hits for online articles.

Even the dark elements of the story I can't take seriously.

addict
addict
Well said Niara thanks for doing this.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Niara, thank you very much for your time and dedication. I've watched it, but didn't pay that close attention, so there is a lot of detail I only caught up thanks to you.

Also brilliant and on point analysis of what we actually saw. As always.

Niara Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks for the positive comments folks! It's been a bit of a dedication, but I'm glad to have made something that at least some folks may find useful ^.^

Originally Posted by Annyliese
Hey, Niara. I hear about you quite a bit from a friend who likes your posts, and I like a lot of your posts by proxy, but I'm rarely on these forums to catch them myself.

Thanks ^.^

First, flurry of blows seemed incapable of spreading its attacks across multiple targets, [...] it seemed like there was no ki-less flurry option? Admittedly, perhaps I missed it, but their attempt to increase how much ki we get won't mean much if our ki-less features get removed.

You're right on the first count - it was two strikes on the same target automatically - including losing the second attack if your first kills the target. This is a loss of flexibility and control, and is unfortunately normal for Larian's decision-making. On the other score at least, I saw that there was another button, located quite far away in a different section of the bar, that was also called Martial Arts, but I believe had a slightly different (though very similar) icon - that was your bonus action single attack, and didn't cost ki. I think we saw one of the monks in the demonstration use this one.

Last edited by Niara; 10/07/23 01:49 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard