Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24
veteran
veteran
Ooh, I definitely want to hear about the new intro conversation!

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Thanks god they redone that starting rogue/ranger armor, it was terrible, imo. Now let's hope they do the same for the wizard's robes. And if they implement the dyeing feature, it can also improve on the NPCs by giving each and everyone (that uses generic armor) a more distinct look.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I almost thought that Rogues and Rangers got brand new armor

The ranger starting armour (I didn't even look at rogues and wizards, I'm afraid) was of quite a different style. It was more of a leather breastplate affair, kind of strapped on, rather than a jacket/coat. Not fancy, but then that's not really what I want for a ranger's starting armour. So I wouldn't want to get your hopes up, but ... you might like it more? I wish I'd been able to take a screenshot, if only to show off my halfling, but any pics of the gameplay were strictly forbidden!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Sozz
Please tell us more about Wyll. They said they redid his story from the ground up, what changed?
The said hes actually assigned to kill karllach now. Im betting they redid his motivation from rescuing Mizora to killing Karlach to buy his freedom, also said his story splits really early unlike most games were an alignment split happens twards the end.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Apologies, no. I didn't risk trying a monk as I've no idea how to play one in 5e and didn't want to spend all my time trying to work out how to use my character!
You punch things in the face until they are dead.

hahaha

Right, sorry folks, but I need a bit of a break.

I'm going to go have my tea (ie northern English-speak for my evening meal) and try to stop my eyes from crossing. In the meantime, feel free to keep the questions coming. I think you'll be all too aware by now that I won't be able to answer them all, but if I did happen to pick up anything relevant I'll certainly share.

I think I've answered (or at least responded to!) most of the questions up to this point, but still owe you my in-room perspective on the incident with the bear, and now I've prompted some further questions about Wyll.

Have I also missed a question about the UI? I thought I'd seen one, but perhaps that was something I spotted in one of the other threads.

See you later!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Aee you! Thank you so much for all these answers! You are an absolute trooper! No pun intended!

veteran
veteran
Thank you very much for the provided info!

addict
addict
Thank you Red Queen,

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Thank you for all of the insight! Looking forward to more after you get some well deserved rest.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for the Info!

Were you able to choose starting equipment or did it default to the same as Early Access?

P
stranger
stranger
P
It seems like Origin appearance can't be customized.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Left is a regular Tav, right is Astarion (the "Edit Appearance" button is grayed out in his case).

veteran
veteran
The ranger starting armour (I didn't even look at rogues and wizards, I'm afraid) was of quite a different style. It was more of a leather breastplate affair, kind of strapped on, rather than a jacket/coat.
Hmmm ...

That makes me wonder, what are chances it was Nymessa's armour ...
I believe that was what Rangers were wearing in pre-Alpha footage ... sheesh, thats long time ago. laugh
I dont think its any spoiler per se ... but i keep it hidden anyway, in case someone would wish to leave it as surprise. smile

IF this is it ...
Its beautiful. ^_^

But it makes me wonder what Wizards, Rogues, Clerics, Fighters, and Warlocks are wearing. :-/
I go searching for prealpha footages! laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 08/07/23 09:15 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Please tell us more about Wyll. They said they redid his story from the ground up, what changed?
The said hes actually assigned to kill karllach now. Im betting they redid his motivation from rescuing Mizora to killing Karlach to buy his freedom, also said his story splits really early unlike most games were an alignment split happens twards the end.
Huh. I guess I missed this part. I'm hearing impaired, and the event not having closed captioning made it very difficult for me to follow.

So does this mean we can have either Wyll or Karlach and not both?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Huh. I guess I missed this part. I'm hearing impaired, and the event not having closed captioning made it very difficult for me to follow.

You can have both, they seemed to imply that this is sort of a against his wyll (hah!) sort of thing, and they could becomes good friends.

Last edited by Boblawblah; 08/07/23 09:29 PM.
veteran
veteran

No, it's possible to reconcile them and they can even be friends according to Sven.

C
addict
addict
C
Huh. I guess I missed this part. I'm hearing impaired, and the event not having closed captioning made it very difficult for me to follow

That's really unfortunate. It's 2023, decent nearly-simultaneous captioning is possible, isn't it?

W
W
Originally Posted by colinl8
Huh. I guess I missed this part. I'm hearing impaired, and the event not having closed captioning made it very difficult for me to follow

That's really unfortunate. It's 2023, decent nearly-simultaneous captioning is possible, isn't it?
It still gets a lot wrong sadly. it helps a bit though.

Edit: Especially when people speak with accents and dialects.

Last edited by williams85; 08/07/23 09:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
In the PFH they said you could dye your camp clothes. Can you dye your armor as well? How about transmog?

In the presentation in the morning, Swen really quickly used some dye on a robe Gale was wearing. It was so fast that I didn't spit exactly what was happening or how the dyeing worked, but on the assumption that robes are treated like armour rather than camp clothes (which I can't verify but seems reasonable), I think things are looking hopeful for being able to colour armour as well.

I didn't see anything to indicate that there would (or wouldn't!) be full transmog, though as I think I mentioned Swen did say that armour would be hide-able and you could just wander around in your camp clothes appearance if you prefer that.

(As an aside, I thought the Gale's robe that Swen dyed was dead cool, and though it was at a later level and I think that we might have seen it in one of the trailers, some of the starting armours also seemed to have been improved. My ranger's initial leathers, for example, didn't look nearly so much as though someone had sewn them together in the dark and I really liked the design: it was simple, as befitted a low level armour, but just stylish enough.)
Yay for being able to dye armor! Thanks for answering all these questions! You are a superstar!😊🎉

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, a bit more before I crash tonight. I'm going to park the bear scene questions for now, and come back to them tomorrow when I'm going to be around to moderate any subsequent discussion.

So I think, unless anything else pops up while I write the next response, that just leaves Wyll for now.

Though if you have asked a question and I haven't answered it, or at least said that I don't know what the answer is, then that's an accident and feel free to repost your question or a link to it. I have been trying to work through them in order. And while I was under strict NDA until the end of the Panel from Hell, I've been assured that now it's over I can talk about anything I saw over the course of the day, so other than being careful about spoilery stuff I'm not holding anything back.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
That makes me wonder, what are chances it was Nymessa's armour ...
I believe that was what Rangers were wearing in pre-Alpha footage ... sheesh, thats long time ago. laugh

Sorry, that's not it. It was much more all over leather on top, without much (or perhaps any?) cloth visible on the main body section. I'll see if my brain can manage to summon up a better description of it once I've had some sleep grin

P
P
Since you played a ranger can you tell us if they changed anything on favored enemy and if you know how it and natural explorer progress at higher levels?

Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard