Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
Volunteer Moderator
OP Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by geala
Nice informations, although I did not need to see the female one of the main (?) adversaries.

In that case, I won't mention anything further to you about her, though I did get to see a bit more of her in the presentation earlier in the day than we saw in the PFH grin

What I would like to know and didn't find searching, although it must be there: When does the early access to Act 1 phase start from the Digital Deluxe Edition (which you seeminggly get as upgrade as EA player)? Is it August 3rd (on PC) or three days earlier?

It is really confusing, and when I asked Molly (from the Community Management team) about it she said all the info would be updated and that this would be properly clarified on Monday. But my understanding is that the early release of the full game on 3 August replaces the 72h early access to act 1, so unfortunately we don't get the game on 31 July. Or, probably more accurately given it seems Larian are releasing the game as early as they possibly can, we don't need to wait until 6 August to play act 2 grin

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
OP Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Did anyone catch how many ki points monks gain per level now?

Apologies, no. I didn't risk trying a monk as I've no idea how to play one in 5e and didn't want to spend all my time trying to work out how to use my character!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
OP Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by LostSoul
Question: have they changed sneak attack?

Hopefully my response to Ragnarok about sneak attack covers what you wanted to know on this topic. Or at least as much as I was able to discover of what you want to know! But feel free to ask any follow-up questions and if I can answer I will.

But given I failed as a sneak attacker in my game, you probably shouldn't hold your breath eek

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Nice informations, although I did not need to see the female one of the main (?) adversaries.

In that case, I won't mention anything further to you about her, though I did get to see a bit more of her in the presentation earlier in the day than we saw in the PFH grin

What I would like to know and didn't find searching, although it must be there: When does the early access to Act 1 phase start from the Digital Deluxe Edition (which you seeminggly get as upgrade as EA player)? Is it August 3rd (on PC) or three days earlier?

It is really confusing, and when I asked Molly (from the Community Management team) about it she said all the info would be updated and that this would be properly clarified on Monday. But my understanding is that the early release of the full game on 3 August replaces the 72h early access to act 1, so unfortunately we don't get the game on 31 July. Or, probably more accurately given it seems Larian are releasing the game as early as they possibly can, we don't need to wait until 6 August to play act 2 grin

It is confusing indeed [Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Volunteer Moderator
OP Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
My biggest question is how did the dialogue options look? Does it seem like there are more than there were in EA?

This is something I'm really interested in too, but knew I wouldn't be able to do justice to given everything else I was hoping to check, so I confess I skipped through most of the dialogue as quickly as possible. Not that there was a huge amount anyway in the little bit of the game I reached.

But even on a quick whizz through, I did notice a few tweaks and changes to dialogue I'd seen in EA. And certainly Swen said that lots and lots of lines specifically to reflect reactivity to our class and race had been added in the past few months (actually, did he say that in PFH? I can't recall if it was there or in the earlier presentation), so I have my fingers crossed on that front.

veteran
veteran
Thank you, I' m hopeful, that you said that your halflings proportions seem better, especially since they made so much fun about that in the PfH.
I think my halfling bard Helia might take off then ☺️.
And thanks for answering my questions.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Volunteer Moderator
OP Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Icelyn
In the PFH they said you could dye your camp clothes. Can you dye your armor as well? How about transmog?

In the presentation in the morning, Swen really quickly used some dye on a robe Gale was wearing. It was so fast that I didn't spit exactly what was happening or how the dyeing worked, but on the assumption that robes are treated like armour rather than camp clothes (which I can't verify but seems reasonable), I think things are looking hopeful for being able to colour armour as well.

I didn't see anything to indicate that there would (or wouldn't!) be full transmog, though as I think I mentioned Swen did say that armour would be hide-able and you could just wander around in your camp clothes appearance if you prefer that.

(As an aside, I thought the Gale's robe that Swen dyed was dead cool, and though it was at a later level and I think that we might have seen it in one of the trailers, some of the starting armours also seemed to have been improved. My ranger's initial leathers, for example, didn't look nearly so much as though someone had sewn them together in the dark and I really liked the design: it was simple, as befitted a low level armour, but just stylish enough.)

veteran
veteran
Thanks god they redone that starting rogue/ranger armor, it was terrible, imo. Now let's hope they do the same for the wizard's robes. And if they implement the dyeing feature, it can also improve on the NPCs by giving each and everyone (that uses generic armor) a more distinct look.

Last edited by neprostoman; 08/07/23 06:39 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
OP Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Sores7
Can you say, was there an option to change character in dialog to pass checks with right character who has needed skill?

Originally Posted by gaymer
Did you see anything on the advertised GROUP ROLLS for checks and the party being able to interchangeably do conversation?

I think I already said this in response to a different question, but I unfortunately didn't spot anything like this. I wouldn't say it isn't there either but I was skipping through dialogue as quickly as possible in order to check other stuff, and somehow forgot to look for that option despite it being something that's high on my own wishlist!

Volunteer Moderator
OP Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
So we have a full crafting system in place - and the keyring is implemented. This is huge. This is the biggest reveal I have seen since yesterday!

I'd really love to know more about that crafting system if you have any additional info. Blacksmithing? Magic item crafting?

I'm afraid all I saw was the alchemy bit I mentioned. My notes are letting me down, but IIRC there was an "Alchemy" tab next to the spell book and reactions tabs. I don't think it had anything on it except that bit of blurb about being able to use stuff we find to create poisons, etc, but whether that was because I didn't have any components, or because I needed some sort of kit, or a skill or feat of some kind, I'm afraid I don't know.

And I saw nothing at all that indicated that we would (or wouldn't) get other sorts of crafting or, say, scroll scribing. I'm afraid we'll need to wait on an update, or even the game!, for that one. Unless someone else playing managed to work out more than me and shares details elsewhere on the web smile

Volunteer Moderator
OP Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
So we have a full crafting system in place - and the keyring is implemented. This is huge. This is the biggest reveal I have seen since yesterday!
Agreed ...
Feels kinda weird they missed opourtunity to tell us huh?

The whole event felt like they were not so much telling to us, but to the band of bloggers and influencers from the media. It also felt like if the event was time pressured somehow.
They did have numerous technical issues.

Yes, it didn't seem to go quite as planned! And it was certainly a (panel from) hell of a lot longer than it was originally intended to be. I think the technical issues were at least partly responsible for the feeling of time pressure and chaos, but also just that Larian wanted to show so much and, in my view, they probably should have been a bit more focused. And there are perhaps some things that could have been left for a community update (I think an update might be a better place to cover something like crafting too, though admittedly it's not usually something that I am fussed about so I'd have been happy to just discover what was there on release!)

I will say that it didn't feel as someone who was there as though the content was aimed at the content creators who had been invited, mainly because they'd already had that other presentation I've mentioned earlier in the day and the opportunity to play the game for real. So while there was definitely stuff in the PFH that hadn't been covered earlier, a lot of the key stuff had been shared already. I think the the PFH genuinely was aimed at the people streaming it, though whether it hit the mark is another question!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Thanks god they redone that starting rogue/ranger armor, it was terrible, imo.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!

Where did you hear that?!
Thats AWESOME! Best info from whole PFH! ^_^

//Edit:
Oh ...
I just read thoroughly the previous coment, and i take it back ...
I almost thought that Rogues and Rangers got brand new armor (wich is something i was beging for since first class with its own style was added), but now i feel like curent one just got a bit more details.
Shame. frown

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 08/07/23 07:06 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Swen said they were having trouble thinking of a way to market the game. Specifically in relation to the breadth of choices available in a playthrough, I think, but from the marketing we've gotten, I think they're having trouble in general to communicate what the game is to people who aren't already on board.

Last edited by Sozz; 08/07/23 07:07 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz
Swen said they were having trouble thinking of a way to market the game. Specifically in relation to the breadth of choices available in a playthrough, I think, but from the marketing we've gotten, I think they're having trouble in general to communicate what the game is to people who aren't already on board.

Have you seen their YouTube shorts marketing? It was like the worst thing ever. I feel like marketing team is either incompetent or going for some modern marketing crazy shenanigans.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
[i]What things that are not curently, were part of reaction system?

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to mention this. I got caught up in Sneak Attack.

I didn't spot any more reactions in my playthrough, but then as you've no doubt realised I was rushing too much to pick up lots.

But you would have seen arrow deflection in the PFH.

And I'm not sure if it was in PFH, but in the morning presentation we did see Shield grin.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Sozz
"Baldur's Gate 3 - Now with underwear".
The game will fly off the shelves.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Krom
Having a dark urge(:P) to ask some questions myself :o

I don't expect you'll be able to answer, but still, i have to try :P

First, congrats for the invite, hope you had a great time :3

1) Can Dragonborn wear helmets? I mean, we saw one with a hood, but actual armored helmets? Been wondering about that

2) Is pact of the blade lock in the game? did you notice anything in char creation, or after encountering Wyll?

3) I have to ask this again, sorry :P, did you see any plate armor models that were, ehm, "complete"? Like, matching armor and boots for example, that didn't look wrong for the armor? I keep seeing mismatches and gaps between legs and boots, it's becoming an obsession :P

I don't think that you would notice it, since your character doesn't wear plate, but still :3

Cheers

I'm sorry, I don't think I have anything for you on any of these, either positive or negative.

As per the subsequent chat with Ragnarok, I only got to level 2, and while I did meet Wyll in the grove I didn't have time to check out his build. (I was, though, MOST surprised by his very different intro chat, which I'm happy to talk about here though I think I spotted someone had created a separate thread to discuss the changes to his story announced in PFH.)

And I didn't see any dragonborn with helmets, or any dragonborn without helmets that I'd expect to wear one. Given you have a choice of a number of different crests for a dragonborn, I'd imagine fitting a helmet would be very difficult indeed!

And apologies, I didn't note any plate armour so can't comment on that. I'm sure there must have been some in the presentation I was shown, but it clearly doesn't impinge on my consciousness as much as it does yours grin

F
addict
addict
F
Variant Human no, but then it did look as I noted before that all races get a configurable +2 and +1 to ability scores. I'm kicking myself for not checking to see what, if anything, humans got as well as that. I kind of feel they should get something, given that in EA they don't have any racial abilities, just the +1 to each attribute. But then giving them a free feat might be overpowered as I think VH just has +1 to two attributes?

Custom Lineage (Tasha's) gets +2/+1 ASI and a feat and a skill/proficiency at level 1.

veteran
veteran
Please tell us more about Wyll. They said they redid his story from the ground up, what changed?

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Did anyone catch how many ki points monks gain per level now?

Apologies, no. I didn't risk trying a monk as I've no idea how to play one in 5e and didn't want to spend all my time trying to work out how to use my character!
You punch things in the face until they are dead.

Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard