Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Probably the first party will be:
'Dark Urge' as half-drow vengence paladin / wild magic sorcerer (fighting the urge)
Tav as human gloomstalker/ wildheart barbarian / battle master (the actual 'main side character' or unvoiced companion)
Shadowheart until Haslin then likely Jaheira when available
Karlach

...Astarion most likely dead, Jae'zel dropped as soon as possible, Gale probably as well. Wyll it depends. I most likely will also add hirelings if they are cheap and not at a prohibitive cost like in most of those games and if they can be switched at camp.

There is also a very high chance of going 3-4 custom characters since there are all the subclasses to recreate a group from one of my table top rounds.

veteran
veteran
Ultimate Evil party would probably be: Dark Urge player and three of the following four: Astarion, Shadowheart, Lae'zel, and Minthara.

Ultimate good party would be: player, Karlach, Jaheira, and I don't know...some hireling can fill the last spot.

addict
addict
My feeling is I have know idea when Ill be coming across the other characters. So ill start as I have been with, Myself, Gal, shadow heart, and Lae'zel.

I know who I dont want.

Minsc

Halsin

Astarion

Jaheira

Willing to give Wyll a try now that he has been re rolled. I just never got into playing him in my hundreds of EA hrs of playing.

Last edited by Doomlord; 08/07/23 05:02 PM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
stranger
stranger
Probably Tav, Gale, Halsin and i´ll rotate the 4th between the remaing companions.

S
S
Absolute minority it seems: core is Dark Urge drow sorcerer, Astarion, Shadowheart. Not sure about the 4th but I clicked on Wyll. Gale or some of the others would do well in his stead.

P.S. For the 4th really depends how the rolls will fall and how messy it can become.

Last edited by Scales & Fangs; 08/07/23 05:18 PM.
veteran
veteran
Probably Tav, Karlach, Shadowheart, Gale. Depending how Shadowheart develops I might swap them for Helsin. Minsc and Jaheira are also contenders, but they are an awkward bunch. Being BG2 leftovers after hindered for years(?) have passed made them an awkward inclusion. I am also doubtful how acceptable of them I will be - what I have seen of Jaheira seemed fine though.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Scales & Fangs
Absolute minority it seems: core is Dark Urge drow sorcerer, Astarion, Shadowheart. Not sure about the 4th but I clicked on Wyll. Gale or some of the others would do well in his stead.
Personally I dont see why someone would play generic Tav over Dark Urge.
Thats like you turn off some part of the main story.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ixal

I will admit I am on the fence, I've played so much EA , it just seems natural to start the fresh game with Tav/Khazadoom.

But the dark Urge is pulling at me!!

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
journeyman
journeyman
The Dark Urge (me), Shadowheart, Karlach, and Halsin.

R
R
Ultimately Tav Jaheria Minsc and Shadowheart (trying to flip her to Selune.)

Initially Tav, shadowheart Laezel, Wyll. When Karlach comes on the scene swapping Laezel for Karlach. When Jaheria comes on the scene swapping Wyll out. When Minsc comes on the scene swapping Karlach out.

W
W
Because you don't want your backstory tainted by that of a serialkillers. You don't want to roleplay as said serialkiller trying to not do evil shit.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by williams85
Because you don't want your backstory tainted by that of a serialkillers. You don't want to roleplay as said serialkiller trying to not do evil shit.

If our memories and personality makes us who we are, and two personalities can inhabit one body, is Dr. Jekyll responsible for the actions of Mr. Hyde?

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
If our memories and personality makes us who we are, and two personalities can inhabit one body, is Dr. Jekyll responsible for the actions of Mr. Hyde?

Great analogy

addict
addict
The Dark Urge, Tav, Minthara, and Gale. I really want to see the interplay between the two build your own characters, if/how they conflict.

Back from timeout.
addict
addict
Tav and 3 hirelings

veteran
veteran
I would have only Tav and nobody else I'd be enthusiastic about. I'd grudgingly take Halsin and Karlach along even though I don't at all care for the druid class (don't care for the animal forms concept) and the barbarian class (don't care for the raging concept). A hard no on empty-suit mercs. A little less hard no on boring retreads from the previous BG games. So don't quite know who my fourth, fifth, and sixth would be (I'd only play BG3 with a mod to increase party size). frown

veteran
veteran
So this^

C
addict
addict
C
I don't get the serial killer thing. I think that's an association from the web minigame thing, nothing in the PFH said serial killer

W
W
Originally Posted by colinl8
I don't get the serial killer thing. I think that's an association from the web minigame thing, nothing in the PFH said serial killer
The Minigame is the dark urge's backstory in the city.

C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by colinl8
The Minigame is the dark urge's backstory in the city.

Did they say that at the PFH? I missed it if they did

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard