Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
So it may be possible to replace a custom party member in a multiplayer run with a new player with their own character! Wow, another huge deal.

Sorry, missed this one yesterday.

I only saw this with split-screen co-op in the presentation, but though it doesn't seem unreasonable to suppose that it might be possible to do something similar for multiplayer I unfortunately didn't see anything during my visit that would confirm it.

I wish we could get confirmation on this as it would be a huge deal for the multiplayer community - sometimes a player doesn't work out for whatever reason and if you are 5-6 sessions in then it's REALLY difficult to sell that players character to a new player. If we could have a new player come in, create a new custom character that would be leveled up to the party level that would be a huge deal - especially if the character being replaced is a really gonked out mess of a class/race/look.

People generally HATE playing other people's toons.
Oh this is really good, they did say you could hire hirelings one for each class. But full new custom would be pretty cool, also atm you can't get rid of / swap out custom characters for other characters in the party, at least from what I could find out.

Last edited by fallenj; 09/07/23 10:35 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Silverstar
Any new backgrounds (Noble/Acolyte/Urchin etc.) for release? I felt they hinted at it during the panel, but wasn't shown or further mentioned.

Despite feeling like I got stuck in character creation for too long, there were still things I forgot to check! I didn't notice new backgrounds, but then I didn't actively check for them either, so it remains open.

Btw, if I'm recalling the same thing as you, I'd taken the comment at the PFH as meaning that more reactivity to backgrounds rather than more backgrounds had been implemented. But then it also sounded as though "background" might not have been meant in its technical D&D sense, but instead was referring to class/race. I was left wondering!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
G
stranger
stranger
G
Hello Red Queen. Hope you had a great time in Ghent in general. I would like to ask if we know now for certain that our Pcs will or will not be fully voiced over. Because I've heard a lot of things from everywhere. Thanks! .

I see. Thanks for the answer! Guess we'll know for sure in a few weeks. I'm fine with Urchin, Noble and Criminal for the characters I have in mind, but more than the currently available ones (there's like 9?) would certainly be nice.

More reactivity is always very welcome and we've seen them add some in the early access patches already, so no doubt final release will also get more.

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
veteran
veteran
The more i read about it, the more i wonder how is it possible that no content creator i follow (and i know they were there) created some video about "all things i have seen" ...
Is it possible that they had to sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement? :-/
That sounds really weird for publicly accessible event. :-/

Originally Posted by fallenj
they did say you could hire hirelings one for each class
Quite honestly im more interested about if i may make hirelings of every Race. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Thanks for the thread. My question might be a bit weird and maybe you can't answer, but were you folks told anything (or the content creators) about getting copies early, or is this just it? For such a deeply narrative game like this, it sucks when a youtuber dumps 200 videos the moment embargo drops with massive spoilers in the title that Youtube then force feeds you in recommendations with no way to stop it.

To a less extent, I guess it'd also help to know when to go media blackout since a lot of content creators have loose lips and their fanbase then goes around purposefully trying to spoil people. Ask me how I know...

Selfish and self-centered as it sounds, I kinda hope Larian just makes them content creators wait with the rest of us lol, but I seriously doubt that'll be the case.

C
C
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Since you were Ranger, i dare to presume you werent able to test if Mage Hand can handle things like levers, huh?

I presume you didnt have enough time to truly explore tadpole powers ... i really wonder if they got better for Ranger, since personaly i find short charge kinda boring ... especialy for Ranged class. :-/
I rested only once so didn't get even a single dream. Which reminds me I do have a snippet of news about Daisy, that I'll share at the end of this unless anyone asks me about it first grin

Okay, definitely curious about this! Could you share with us the snippet of news about Daisy? Thanks for all the great answers so far

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Did they make the background tags customizable? It probably would of been added to the background tab, but at the moment, everyone originates from Baldur's Gate (Balduraian or something like that).

I didn't spot any option like this, caveated by the fact I didn't spend as long in CC as I'd have liked.

Can you hide or change the size of the minimap still looks huge.
I didn't try, though as per my reply to Ragnarok just now, the minimap has definitely been improved so people might find it more useful and so not be as keen to hide it even if they could grin

Did you see any donkeys? lol, was going through some of my old posts and remembered requesting for donkeys to carry my junk, if a donkey actually made it to the game it be close enough.

hahaha No, and I didn't notice any significant changes to inventory handling so I'm afraid it looks as though folk are going to have to carry on head-canon-ing their donkeys, floating disks, etc.

The combat log gets spammed by npcs repeating the same lines over and over and made it really hard to read. Did they add another tab or change the combat window at all?
I'd have liked to spend some time looking at the combat log as this is an area that could have been improved, but I didn't have time to look at it properly. It did look as though at least some changes had been made, but I didn't have time to check whether there were filters or tabs or anything. In fact, the only specific thing I noticed was that it seemed to record loot picked up which I don't believe the EA version does.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Siege664
3)Were there any changes made to the camping/resting system?

Oh! Just recalled one more thing about this.

At one point after a battle, a message popped up saying something to the effect of "your replenishable resources are getting low, you may want to rest". I'm not sure if this is part of the tutorial system - the window looked like the tutorial ones - but it did make it look as though there may have been changes to help new players decide when to rest and, by implication, assure them that it's okay to do so.

F
addict
addict
F
Who is Daisy, and what has she done to Hal?

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Giannis_M
Hello Red Queen. Hope you had a great time in Ghent in general. I would like to ask if we know now for certain that our Pcs will or will not be fully voiced over. Because I've heard a lot of things from everywhere. Thanks! .

The protagonists weren't voiced in the build we were shown (and I think that applies both to custom characters and origin characters when leading the conversation, though wouldn't swear to that latter). And given this is presumably pretty close to the final release, I'm losing hope of a voiced protagonist much as that was one of my top asks. I guess it could be added in at the last minute but I don't really believe that will happen.

old hand
old hand
The more i read about it, the more i wonder how is it possible that no content creator i follow (and i know they were there) created some video about "all things i have seen" ...
That sounds really weird for publicly accessible event. :-/

they did say you could hire hirelings one for each class
Quite honestly im more interested about if i may make hirelings of every Race. frown

Figured WolfheartFPS would be making a vid, probably working on edits or traveling back, or whatever. He's pretty active normally.

Ya, I would figure the hirelings are customizable in some way or form, at least I would hope. I know in dos1 or/and 2 you had a mirror you could customize your characters with.

@The Red Queen
Nice! Improvements on minimap is better than nothing & changes to the combat log is really welcome. I'll cross my fingers a donkey made it in, thanks for replying Red Queen.

Last edited by fallenj; 09/07/23 11:13 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator

We were all strictly warned against spoiling anything before the end of the PFH, but anyone there would now be able to chat about what they saw. I'm guessing one tricky thing from the perspective of content creators was that no recording or screenshotting was permitted which would make it a bit difficult to make engaging content. Plus they'd also have only been getting home yesterday or today too so won't have had much time to do anything! I'd expect to see some other folks' takes over the next few days, though some might of course decide that they'd rather wait until they get their hands on the game and can actually show some vid to support their commentary.

I didn't see hirelings, but Swen did quickly mention in the presentation that they would be customisable and iirc the specific example he gave is that we could use them to create a party of four barbarians if we wanted. My guess (and it is just a guess) is that the reference to being able to create a hireling of every race just means that you pick the race first when you pick your hireling, then you can set everything else like any class you fancy. I guess we'll have to wait and see for sure, though.

apprentice
apprentice
Morning, hope you got some sleep!

I have a very specific question, not sure if you'll be able to answer.

In early access, a lot of the char. models have "shiny eyes" where the bottom of the eyelid almost looks like its too bright in close ups.

Was this still present in the version you played?

As always, thanks.

G
stranger
stranger
G
That's what i gathered as well but i wanted to know for sure. Well either way the game will be amazing. It doesnt really make sense to me because we have heard they would add more PC voices without the PCs being fully voiced. Does the sound barks need to be so detailed with 8 different voice options?

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Nightmarian
Thanks for the thread. My question might be a bit weird and maybe you can't answer, but were you folks told anything (or the content creators) about getting copies early, or is this just it?

I didn't hear anything at all about content creators getting early copies, though I wouldn't necessarily have done even if this were planned as that could have been something that Larian was discussing with them individually rather than just announcing in the wider forum. So apologies, I don't have anything definitive for you on this front.

C
C
we will still benefit from the 3 extra days before the release now that the release is on August 3rd?

veteran
veteran
Figured WolfheartFPS would be making a vid, probably working on edits or traveling back, or whatever. He's pretty active normally.
Indeed ...
As i was writing the reaction on this message i quote, i just remembered he shared reason to be inactive for few days (i dunno if its cool to share it here, so lets stick with just that, we all can check his twitter and read it oureselves. smile ).

Wich completely explains it. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by crashdaddy
Okay, definitely curious about this! Could you share with us the snippet of news about Daisy? Thanks for all the great answers so far

Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Who is Daisy, and what has she done to Hal?

"Daisy" is the nickname for the character we're asked to customise along with our protagonist as part of character creation.

I'm going to pop this bit in spoiler tags, though given everything I saw that was different was at character creation it's not something you'd need to wait long to discover once you play the game grin

In Early Access, after we created our character and were ready to venture forth, we were asked "Who do you dream of?" and were able to set the race and appearance of a second character in a floaty lilac robe.

In the build I saw at the event in Ghent, this was different. For my custom Tav at least, I was instead told "You need a guardian, choose one" and the character we could configure was dressed accordingly, in a slightly paladiny/crusadery way. I'm speculating that Larian have listened to folk who found the original Daisy disturbingly creepy and have reworked this interaction. Personally, I quite liked the creepiness, but freely admit it didn't work for all my planned protagonists, let alone all players, so I'm quite glad there seems to have been a bit of a rethink. Of course, it's anyone's guess what this means for the actual Daisy interactions in game, and as I only rested once and didn't dream (not even a "Where are you?" despite having used my illithid power to free SH from the pod), I have no insight to offer on that front.

We'll have to wait and see whether we're able to have a bit more control over the nature of the relationship with Daisy, or whether the relationship will still be the same for all but of a different kind. But still, I found it interesting that this change has been made, and I know that for some folk here at least that will be something of a relief.

EDIT Just updated to clarify this was only for a custom character. I'm not sure what happens for origins, and whether their Daisies might be specific individuals from their stories, such as Cazador for Astarion. I'm guessing the origin character "Daisy" dream sequences might be quite different, though that's speculation.

Last edited by The Red Queen; 09/07/23 11:56 AM. Reason: Clarify that Daisy observation related to custom character

F
addict
addict
F
I found her lack of underwear disturbing.

Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard