Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by fallenj
Figured WolfheartFPS would be making a vid, probably working on edits or traveling back, or whatever. He's pretty active normally.
Indeed ...
As i was writing the reaction on this message i quote, i just remembered he shared reason to be inactive for few days (i dunno if its cool to share it here, so lets stick with just that, we all can check his twitter and read it oureselves. smile ).

Wich completely explains it. laugh
Ah, I don't really do twitter, thanks for the heads up btw.

Last edited by fallenj; 09/07/23 12:04 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
In the build I saw at the event in Ghent, this was different. For my custom Tav at least, I was instead told "You need a guardian, choose one" and the character we could configure was dressed accordingly, in a slightly paladiny/crusadery way. I'm speculating that Larian have listened to folk who found the original Daisy disturbingly creepy and have reworked this interaction. Personally, I quite liked the creepiness, but freely admit it didn't work for all my planned protagonists, let alone all players, so I'm quite glad there seems to have been a bit of a rethink. Of course, it's anyone's guess what this means for the actual Daisy interactions in game, and as I only rested once and didn't dream (not even a "Where are you?" despite having used my illithid power to free SH from the pod), I have no insight to offer on that front.

We'll have to wait and see whether we're able to have a bit more control over the nature of the relationship with Daisy, or whether the relationship will still be the same for all but of a different kind. But still, I found it interesting that this change has been made, and I know that for some folk here at least that will be something of a relief.
DAMN!

So that is who that armoured Drow in trailer was!
The one who was "holding up something" in one scene ... or offering a sword to our character in another.

This is big!

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Huh. I've never encountered "Daisy" so I've always assumed she's a character in act 2 onwards, though recently I concluded she was just someone I've managed to miss much like Karlach, who I now actively went back to find. Obviously I'm playing the game wrong disagree

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by odesseiron81
In early access, a lot of the char. models have "shiny eyes" where the bottom of the eyelid almost looks like its too bright in close ups.

If I'm correctly picturing the issue you're referring to, I think it might be related to the weird "white-out" effect that iirc I only really started noticing in patch 9 which seemed to do something very bad to colours. I didn't notice that effect, or any (unintentionally) weird eyes, in the build I played in Ghent so I think we can be cautiously optimistic on this front. Fingers crossed!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Silverstar
Huh. I've never encountered "Daisy" so I've always assumed she's a character in act 2 onwards, though recently I concluded she was just someone I've managed to miss much like Karlach, who I now actively went back to find. Obviously I'm playing the game wrong disagree

In Early Access, you only encountered them if you kept using your illithid wisdom checks. Now I guess, bets are off!

But while I'm on the topic of illithid wisdom checks, the DC to break SH out of her pod in the build I played was 2. Implying to me that we are going to get harder illithid checks as the game progresses. It was always a bit weird in EA that we were rolling checks with 0 DC.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Silverstar

In Early Access, you only encountered them if you kept using your illithid wisdom checks. Now I guess, bets are off!

But while I'm on the topic of illithid wisdom checks, the DC to break SH out of her pod in the build I played was 2. Implying to me that we are going to get harder illithid checks as the game progresses. It was always a bit weird in EA that we were rolling checks with 0 DC.

To me it always made a perfect sense and felt like an emergency button when all other scenarios seemed grim. It is exactly the type of moment when you can appeal to your darker and costlier powers as the last resort. If checks become progressively harder, at one point you won't even think about taking the illithid option in favor of others, unless you are doing some crazy roleplay stuff.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by crst
we will still benefit from the 3 extra days before the release now that the release is on August 3rd?

I think this should be properly clarified by Larian tomorrow, but my understanding is that no, the full game will be releasing as early as possible on 3 August, replacing the 72 hour early access to act 1. And it's not so much that we won't be getting the game three days early as that we won't have to wait until 6 August to play act 2 (and of course are getting everything a few weeks sooner than we thought) grin

This is definitely something I need to explore then. Luckily I have the GOG version so I'll keep all the early access installers and can mess around with this at my own leisure to see the differences when the game goes live.

apprentice
apprentice
Thankyou for sharing your experiences! I am sad about the lack of stat rolling but not surprised as I think they would have mentioned it by now if it was going to be in given how much it was requested. I guess I will have to continue to roll stats on a website and then edit the stats as I am in EA at the moment at least till someone managed to mod it.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, I think I'm caught up again, though still need to address the bear in the room.

But I also have just a few more snippets you might all be interested in so will go through my notes to see what hasn't come up yet. You might want to ask me about companion conversation triggers grin

And on that note, I'm going to take a break and get some fresh air, but will be back later this afternoon ...

apprentice
apprentice
You might want to ask me about companion conversation triggers grin

Yes! Do companions chime in more in conversations now? Or do they still stand around like lumps?

Last edited by odesseiron81; 09/07/23 02:02 PM.
veteran
veteran
It was always a bit weird in EA that we were rolling checks with 0 DC.
It was even weirder when you failed it. laugh
(Nat 1)

veteran
veteran
Tell us about companion conversation triggers, your highness!

Also I am very intruiged by this change of the dream person. I do hope we can choose between the seductress and the guardian since I think it would be good for roleplay to give our character different options for who that dream person can be and who we would be tempted by. Some characters would be tempted by softness and sex appeal, while others could belured in by a strong protector promising security.

veteran
veteran
Hey ...
I have another question! Juicy question even! laugh
Not sure if you will be able to answer it tho ...

PFH ended in Swen telling us that they wanted to show us one more thing ... it was even hinted during the event, that Nick was supposed to show us something he was very proud of.
And since you said there was more presentations during the day ...
And Swen himself said there was another one day earlier (wich i presume you were not part of) ...

Do you have any idea what that last thing was? O:)

One of the characters I started failed every single skill check roll on the nautiloid and indeed even that illithid one with a natural 1.

veteran
veteran
@RedQueen do you have a list of the other content creators that were there? I saw Wolfheart - and I have been waiting on an update from him but if we could get a pool of people to ask questions of it would really help fill in the blanks on some questions that THIS forum has been asking for years.

So far you have casually mentioned:

Crafting system
Keyring
Hide is now an Action for all but Rogue
Possibility of replacing existing characters with a custom character in a multiplayer game.

These are all HUGE things that the community has been speculating about for years.

And there were SO many other questions - NONE of which would have been spoilers that focused on the actual game mechanics that a lot of us would REALLy love to know more about. The PFH was mostly broad strokes and bear sex - which was great - but I am really itching to know some of the more technical and gameplay details. I have zero interest in story elements or spoilers.

Is there a way to pull more of those folks into a common thread or do we need to hunt that stuff down piecemeal?

Blackheifer
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
This is big!
Is that a quote from Halsin?

B
old hand
old hand
B
I got the Wyll versus Karlach thing from the PFH but Red Queen's comment about it being virtually the first thing out of Wyll's mouth knocked me back. Two obvious questions: 1. What about the Wyll's eye and goblin camp gig and 2. What about the fake knights in the toll house?
Okay, I'll come clean. Q2 is really about the sword. rpg001

enthusiast
enthusiast

That likely(*) means they are keeping Natural ones as automatic failures for skill checks and simply removing the incongruity of a 1 failing a difficulty 0 check.

(*)baseless speculation that could very well be wrong

Last edited by Alodar; 09/07/23 01:34 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by odesseiron81
You might want to ask me about companion conversation triggers grin

Yes! Do companions chime in more in conversations now? Or do they still stand around like lumps?

To be honest I don't know on that point because I didn't experience all that many conversations and banged through the ones I had at top speed.

But what I was referring to and what I did notice was some very clear evidence that there had been changes to the way that companion conversations with the protagonist were handled. A number of us on these forums, me included, found it very frustrating that many of these conversations were tied to resting or that what one companion had to say got usurped by another with higher priority, so you almost had to spam long rests unnecessarily to progress companion relationships.

And I on that front I have some good news and some ... not bad news, but caveats to the good news.

Even on the little I managed to play it was clear Larian had listened to feedback and made changes. For example, at one point while walking through the grove both got exclamation marks over their heads to indicate that they had something they wanted to say to me. And Gale gave me his spiel about needing certain objects in a conversation when I then spoke to him out in the world rather than this being tied to a camp conversation.

The caveats are that, first, I only got to play a very little of the game and rested once so didn't really get to experience how this really worked in practice or whether the new approach successfully addresses all the problems we had with this in EA. And second that it still seemed rather buggy and therefore was still presumably being worked on when the build I played was packaged up for us to play. For example, Gale had apparently grown to trust me enough to share his deep secret in the course of a wander through the druid grove without even a rest and evening to chat first - I know I helped haul him out of a weird portal, but still! And Shadowheart wanted to come clean to me about something that I don't think had actually happened yet, though admittedly as I've said I skipped through a fair bit.

But still, I'm taking it as a huge positive that the approach to companion interactions with our PCs has been reworked, and hope that remaining issues with the changes can be ironed out before the release.

Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard