Print Thread
Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Hey ...
I have another question! Juicy question even! laugh
Not sure if you will be able to answer it tho ...

PFH ended in Swen telling us that they wanted to show us one more thing ... it was even hinted during the event, that Nick was supposed to show us something he was very proud of.
And since you said there was more presentations during the day ...
And Swen himself said there was another one day earlier (wich i presume you were not part of) ...

Do you have any idea what that last thing was? O:)

Sorry, I'm none the wiser on that one! That bit at the end was new and hadn't been covered in our earlier presentation, where we saw a bit more of the game on the approach to Baldur's Gate instead.

(Btw the presentation the day before was for press, and yes I wasn't involved in that so I'm not sure what was shown then.)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
But still, I'm taking it as a huge positive that the approach to companion interactions with our PCs has been reworked, and hope that remaining issues with the changes can be ironed out before the release.

Very good news indeed! This won't quite solve all my issues, but at least I won't need to worry as much about Shadowheart being a scene hog.

All of the changes sound good so far, including the ones for Wyll. Looking forward to this.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I've got a question!

Did you talk with Larian about how they process the feedback from the forums?

And did you bring up their issues with communicating with the games audience? Seeing as this we on the forums have had been felt ignored by Larian during the course of EA.

Happy that you got this opportunity!

Last edited by Staden; 09/07/23 03:24 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
@RedQueen do you have a list of the other content creators that were there? I saw Wolfheart - and I have been waiting on an update from him but if we could get a pool of people to ask questions of it would really help fill in the blanks on some questions that THIS forum has been asking for years.

I'm afraid I don't have a list that I can just share. Obviously I know a few people who were there because I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to chat to some of them and we were all involved in the same comms about the event, but I feel it should be up to them to say what they want, if anything, about the event and their attendance at it.

I know that these forums recognised WolfheartFPS and Josh Strife Hayes at the event as I've seen them mentioned in posts here. And if anyone thinks they might have recognised someone else then I'd be happy to say if I came across them.

But I'm very aware that the answers to some questions we've had for years are now in tantalising reach, and these last three and a half weeks until we can discover all the answers for ourselves are going to seem very long!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Beechams
I got the Wyll versus Karlach thing from the PFH but Red Queen's comment about it being virtually the first thing out of Wyll's mouth knocked me back. Two obvious questions: 1. What about the Wyll's eye and goblin camp gig and 2. What about the fake knights in the toll house?
Okay, I'll come clean. Q2 is really about the sword. rpg001

Sorry, I got nowhere near either of those! I really don't know where the time went. Okay, that's a bit of a lie as a fair amount of it went on looking at the character creator. And, in my defence, on taking as many notes as possible so that I could make sure any info I shared with you folk was as accurate as possible grin

I also kind of missed exactly how Wyll came to introduce Karlach because I was rushing through the chat until that point. I think his rationale was that we saw something through our tadpole conversation, and my character might also have passed some sort of check to find out more, but don't hold me to that!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Even on the little I managed to play it was clear Larian had listened to feedback and made changes. For example, at one point while walking through the grove both got exclamation marks over their heads to indicate that they had something they wanted to say to me. And Gale gave me his spiel about needing certain objects in a conversation when I then spoke to him out in the world rather than this being tied to a camp conversation.

But still, I'm taking it as a huge positive that the approach to companion interactions with our PCs has been reworked, and hope that remaining issues with the changes can be ironed out before the release.

That is amazing news!
Thank you!

veteran
veteran
I'm very glad to hear they'remaking changes to conversations. There are definitely plenty that could happen outside of camp, so good that they're making improvements.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Alodar
That likely(*) means they are keeping Natural ones as automatic failures for skill checks and simply removing the incongruity of a 1 failing a difficulty 0 check.

I was wondering about that too. I didn't see anything that positively confirmed that 1s and 20s in skill checks were still handled that way as, while I certainly failed skill checks, for once I didn't roll any 1s. But my assumption is that 1 and 20 have been kept as auto fail/success. Which I know isn't RAW and many folk don't like, but actually I kind of do.

In fact, I think during the PFH when trying some of those harder dialogue checks in the hospital it might even have been mentioned that a natural 20 would have been a success, and if that's the case I'd assume that would be balanced by a natural 1 being a fail.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Staden
Did you talk with Larian about how they process the feedback from the forums?

And did you bring up their issues with communicating with the games audience? Seeing as this we on the forums have had been felt ignored by Larian during the course of EA.

I did get to meet Salo and Mollygos (our Larian community management contacts) in person which was fab. And I did chat to Salo briefly about the forum performance issues which I knew she was already aware of but she assured me again she was escalating within Larian. And she also told me she was still trying to get our forums banner to update properly, as it's now out of date!

It was all pretty full on and I was trying to glean as much info about the game as possible so we didn't have time for more wide-ranging conversations. I'm expecting that the next few weeks are going to be pretty busy for them and for us as we absorb the news and updates that are likely to be coming and then actually start playing the game, but after that might be a good time to reflect on some feedback for the team on what we'd like to see in terms of community info in future. Unless anyone wants to start a thread in advance of that. I'd certainly be happy to help draw attention to such feedback, as long as it was expressed constructively at any rate!

veteran
veteran
Im a little woried about what you told us about companion conversations ...
It seems like all their stories was just speeded up. :-/
In my opinion, they were allready quite fast. :-/

I didn't see anything that positively confirmed that 1s and 20s in skill checks were still handled that way
I did ...
At the end of presentation, when ... Adam (i think?) was trying to persuate the Doctor to kill himself ... the goal was 21 ... he rolled 20 ... and it counted as sucess.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Im a little woried about what you told us about companion conversations ...
It seems like all their stories was just speeded up. :-/
In my opinion, they were allready quite fast. :-/

It wasn't that they were speeded up, but that the way their triggers worked and where they happened had clearly been changed. That's the thing I found encouraging.

They certainly also happened way too fast in my playthrough and I'm taking that as a bug related to the fact that the new approach still hasn't been fully polished. Hopefully that will be fixed before you folks actually see the full release.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Siege664
3)Were there any changes made to the camping/resting system?

And just one more snippet about camping.

In the presentation I saw in the morning, there was a section shown in (I think) the outskirts of Baldur's Gate and when the party rested they were shown camping out in what looked like an alley somewhere. Swen was presenting and commented that this was because he hadn't yet rented a room in an inn.

So, jumping to some conclusions from that, looks like staying in inns is confirmed, and that how it might work is that we can hire a room in an inn and an area and then when we long rest in that area we might return to that inn, at least unless we have to hire an inn each night. It also seems that rather than taking the act 1 camp in the wilderness with us, we'll get new camp locations for each area we visit (which we were probably expecting from the fact that the game already gives us different camp maps when we venture into the Underdark and so on, but still to see that confirmed).

veteran
veteran
Loot on the Nautiloid? Did it change?

For instance, right now in EA, you can get the following four scrolls:

Firebolt
Mage Armor
Chromatic Orb
False Life

Do you know if the same scrolls are available, or did they change?

veteran
veteran
Also, did you come across any buried chests? Were they still so... large?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Thanks for all the info on resting updates!

As someone that seems to long rest less often than most, I'm glad story will be less tied to it now.

old hand
old hand
It also seems that rather than taking the act 1 camp in the wilderness with us, we'll get new camp locations for each area we visit (which we were probably expecting from the fact that the game already gives us different camp maps when we venture into the Underdark and so on, but still to see that confirmed).

mourns my camp decorating dreams wink

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
It also seems that rather than taking the act 1 camp in the wilderness with us, we'll get new camp locations for each area we visit (which we were probably expecting from the fact that the game already gives us different camp maps when we venture into the Underdark and so on, but still to see that confirmed).

mourns my camp decorating dreams wink
Put your stuff in storage and redecorate.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
enthusiast
enthusiast
I think its equally likely they set the default Ilithid DC to 2 because they would still fail on a Nat 1 at DC 0 and it was easier to fix by adjusting the DC than recode the rolling system...

veteran
veteran
I just wanted to say Red Queen, thank you. I really hope you're getting paid for your work here, and paid well, because you've put in more effort to communicate with the forums here than the rest of Larian has combined, and it's appreciated.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Put your stuff in storage and redecorate.

Guard: "Why are you trying to haul three carts full of junk into our city?!"

Tav: "I, uh... collect. Things. How big are your inn rooms, incidentally?"

Last edited by Tarlonniel; 09/07/23 05:42 PM.
Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard