Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by JandK
Loot on the Nautiloid? Did it change?

I wasn't really stopping to loot, but I suspect some is the same and some may have changed. There have been some changes to the nautiloid map and, for example I think the chests up near Us weren't there. But don't hold me to that, I might just have been missing the obvious in my haste to see as much as possible!

Also, did you come across any buried chests? Were they still so... large?

I didn't come across any, no, so can't comment on whether there are still giant chests buried about the map smile

I basically just walked along the beach, through the crashed nautiloid, picked up Gale, swung by and freed Lae'zel then went directly to the grove.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Siege664
Thanks for all the info on resting updates!

As someone that seems to long rest less often than most, I'm glad story will be less tied to it now.

Sorry they got scattered through the thread! Clearly my notes on camping and resting weren't very well organised grin

Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
It also seems that rather than taking the act 1 camp in the wilderness with us, we'll get new camp locations for each area we visit (which we were probably expecting from the fact that the game already gives us different camp maps when we venture into the Underdark and so on, but still to see that confirmed).

mourns my camp decorating dreams wink

We can still hope that at some point in Baldur's Gate our "camp" will become a permanent stronghold that we can decorate to our heart's content, without needing to pack everything into the Traveller's Chest every time we move to a new area!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I just wanted to say Red Queen, thank you. I really hope you're getting paid for your work here, and paid well, because you've put in more effort to communicate with the forums here than the rest of Larian has combined, and it's appreciated.

Well, I guess in a way I got paid with a jolly to Ghent and opportunity to get a sneak preview of the game, which is more than I was expecting when I took on this moderating gig grin

But more generally, no, I'm just a fan of the game excited to share what I've discovered with everyone else who is impatiently waiting for the full release!

veteran
veteran
@TheRedQueen You have already talked about the resting system, but I'm not sure it included the short rest mechanic.
Have you tried to SR and noticed some changes ?

Last edited by Maximuuus; 09/07/23 06:16 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
We can still hope that at some point in Baldur's Gate our "camp" will become a permanent stronghold that we can decorate to our heart's content, without needing to pack everything into the Traveller's Chest every time we move to a new area!

I somewhat suspect that might be a thing. If we can buy inn rooms maybe we'll also (eventually) be able to buy some house or "stronghold"; after all, strongholds have become quite common in RPGs now, BG2 was one of the early games to do them even.

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I don' t have a question (right now), but I wanted to say thank you for answering all these questions! I am glad you had the chance to go to Ghent, and I hope you had a lovely time there!

And thank you from me as well for moderating this forum - it must be like herding cats at times 😄

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Silverstar

I somewhat suspect that might be a thing. If we can buy inn rooms maybe we'll also (eventually) be able to buy some house or "stronghold"; after all, strongholds have become quite common in RPGs now, BG2 was one of the early games to do them even.

I hope all the companions can get their own place.

I mean, imagine. You and a few business partners all get rich. You go out shopping for a mansion, find the perfect place, and move in.

Suddenly, all of your business partners move in with you. What is this about?

It's like, "Um, Gale, listen. I know we've been camping together for a while now, but maybe... I mean, we're older... yeah, and I'm in a relationship and all... right, I appreciate that, but listen... I've been thinking... aren't we too old to still be roommates? Wouldn't you prefer something down by that Sorcerous Sundries you like so much?"

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
You have alreaduy talked about the resting system, but I'm not sure it iuncluded the short rest mechanic.

I only short rested once as well, and the only difference I noticed is that Gale commented something to the effect that "that was welcome", whereas I don't recall any party reaction to short rests in EA. I thought that was a nice touch, but obviously not a massive change. Still, it at least shows that something is different so it's possible we'll see some more significant content related to SRs in the full release. Or perhaps just some more party barks smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
You have alreaduy talked about the resting system, but I'm not sure it iuncluded the short rest mechanic.

I only short rested once as well, and the only difference I noticed is that Gale commented something to the effect that "that was welcome", whereas I recall any party reaction to short rests in EA. I thought that was a nice touch, but obviously not a massive change. Still, it at least shows that something is different so it's possible we'll see some more significant content related to SRs in the full release. Or perhaps just some more party barks smile

Thanks for your answer smile
And all other!

Last edited by Maximuuus; 09/07/23 06:17 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
It's like, "Um, Gale, listen. I know we've been camping together for a while now, but maybe... I mean, we're older... yeah, and I'm in a relationship and all... right, I appreciate that, but listen... I've been thinking... aren't we too old to still be roommates? Wouldn't you prefer something down by that Sorcerous Sundries you like so much?"

Good point. I really liked in DA2 where all the party had their own pads!

addict
addict
Wolf is going into surgery on his leg, when he gets back to the states. If you go to his Youtube page and look under Community, he lays it out.

"Hey all! Just like last week, I am going away again for a few days. Heading out to pay Larian a visit in Belgium. I will be back July 8th/9th, but THEN I also have a knee surgery on the 11th grin (busy times lol) As some of you may have noticed, live streams have been a bit scarce, and they will continue to be for another week or two. I should still be putting out a few videos though. Getting close to BG3!! 🍻 Appreciate all the support, and I will be back into a more normal rhythm before you know it." - WolfheartFPS

https://www.youtube.com/@WolfheartFPS/community

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, looks like I'm caught up again, so I'll just start going through my notes and see if there's anything that I think you might be interested in that I've not mentioned yet. Feel free to keep questions coming, or let me know if I've accidentally missed your question.

First, a few random spells I happened to notice being used and don't think we saw in EA, though I might just not be remembering them: Knock, Telekinesis, Blight, Otto's Irresistable Dance, Cloudkill, Slow, Wall of Fire, Banishment, Arcane Lock, Ice Knife.

And, of course, Shield which I think I mentioned earlier.

Magic Missile also now pathfinds, which looked pretty cool.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I just wanted to say Red Queen, thank you. I really hope you're getting paid for your work here, and paid well, because you've put in more effort to communicate with the forums here than the rest of Larian has combined, and it's appreciated.

Well, I guess in a way I got paid with a jolly to Ghent and opportunity to get a sneak preview of the game, which is more than I was expecting when I took on this moderating gig grin

But more generally, no, I'm just a fan of the game excited to share what I've discovered with everyone else who is impatiently waiting for the full release!

Cheers!!

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk

Good point. I really liked in DA2 where all the party had their own pads!

I had forgotten about that. Downside to only ever doing one playthrough I guess. Don't think I even finished the expansion(s?), though that will probably remain in the backlog for even longer now.

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
old hand
old hand
Otto's Irresistable Dance

groovy

When I get to playing my bard, there will be at least a few battles where I cast this on all the enemies and just enjoy the show for a few rounds. astarionhappy

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Put your stuff in storage and redecorate.

Guard: "Why are you trying to haul three carts full of junk into our city?!"

Tav: "I, uh... collect. Things. How big are your inn rooms, incidentally?"

We need encounters with highwaymen for sure! Seriously any indications that we will have minor encounters when traveling / resting in the wilderness?

PS: Oh and how was the battle at Druids Grove? Was there still powerful shove ping pong?

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 09/07/23 06:49 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Oh, and I don't expect this will surprise anyone, but Swen confirmed no day/night cycle in the game.

He only mentioned this in passing and didn't elaborate at any length on the rationale, but I took what he did say to indicate that it would have been anathema to them to half-arse it, but that properly implementing all the systematics night-time adventuring would imply was judged to be too huge a task.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I wasn't really stopping to loot

crazy

B
old hand
old hand
B
that I've not mentioned yet.

The bear?

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Beechams
that I've not mentioned yet.

The bear?
Actually on that point... did anyone in the room mention that scene later on?

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard