Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
addict
OP Offline
addict
I was looking at the poll about first parties. I found the results quite interesting but I realised that one info that it doesn't give is, in your first party, who is your PC. Hence this poll.

Your first PC will be
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 09/07/23 06:31 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by Drath Malorn; 09/07/23 11:26 PM. Reason: grammar
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Dwarf with all custom companions because there doesnt seem to be any dwarf companions yet. frown

Dwarf Fighter (Champion) / Priest (Life or War). Can we choose gods in this game or is religion not allowed?

Meeee. As a human gold draconic sorcerer (my profile pic, unless better options in 1.0) with the Urchin background.

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
veteran
veteran
Since Helia isn't a thing anymore, I will play a halfling lorebard/feylock. A mixture between Helia and one of my DnD characters.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
Seldarine drow druid with the sage background and no dark urges, trying to leave those behind in the Underdark, TYVM. wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Lolthsworn Male Drow Wizard Dark Urge.

Evil always finds a way.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Neutral good draconic sorcerer tav who never uses the tadpole. And tries to get shadowheart to embrace her real self

Last edited by N7Greenfire; 09/07/23 06:46 PM.
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
The Dank Urge.
That's what I'm referring to as my stoner days in uni as from now on

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Certainly custom character, with no Dark Urges ...
Last few days i was quite sure i will go with Wizard ... today i got strong desire to make Paladin or Druid as a first character. laugh Who knows where it ends ...

Maybe i will need to get d12 to decide. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
apprentice
apprentice
At the moment I think a female Seldarine Drow Bard (Lore most likely), going for a good-ish playthrough. No Dark Urge on first run, but surely sometime later on. The first Origin Character that i will give a try will probably be SH.
But when i open the chargen on launchday everything might change.

veteran
veteran
First character I am thinking on going down the triple dark path with dark urge warlock with The Fiend as a patron and lastly of course I'll be looking to get all the power I can from the tadpole. Just more options and more rewards for a dark playthrough. I might also try to do a dark urge paladin where I just resist the dark all the way through and see what kind of story that leads to in terms of overcoming the the dark urge.

veteran
veteran
It will always be custom PC (option 1 in the poll), as I consider that to be what playing D&D is all about.

And more specifically a high-CHA paladin sworn to Lathander (don't care if Larian, for all their talk about letting us play what we want, won't officially allow this).

Originally Posted by Volourn
Can we choose gods in this game or is religion not allowed?

Clerics can choose a deity, but they're the only class that can I think.

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
F
addict
addict
F
Ambitious Baldurian noble paladin of devotion with a desire for fame, honour and gold. lots of gold. Who knows, maybe a new Patriar of Baldur's Gate?

Am tempted to go fighter champion so that he can cut deals with Zhents and fence pickpocketings without qualm, but no, will stick with paladin.

Will try to change his ways if he falls once or twice. But a 3rd time? I'll take that as a sign.

Will recruit:
- Lae'zel, she knows all about the dreadful infection, her help is vital to very survival!
- Shadowheart, honestly, this is FR. Don't blithely cross a deity's cleric. Handle with care.
- Astarion, it's good to have a friend in the dark others are afraid of, and seems to come into money often.
- Gale, a genuine friend. Yes, he tells tall stories and make poor excuses for magic item hoarding. No Patriar expects a wizard to be cheap.
- Wyll, he's already famous and well connected. Welcome! He's also a really good honest trader, getting the most out of our gold.
- Karlach, well now, she's a curiosity. Dangerous by all appearance. Yet has a potentially useful vendetta against some Baldurian nobles. Either keep well away or keep her closest of all.

stranger
stranger
First character will be a Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer Half-Elf with no Dark Urge.

addict
addict
Human Warlock - The Fiend

Background - Charlatan

Corrupt Baldurian minor official. Trying to please my patron so when I die I don't end up a lemur.

I plan to round out my party with hirelings.

stranger
stranger
My first character will be a good Dragonborn Draconic Sorcerer without Dark Urge. In EA I had fun playing sorcerer and I'm curious what kind of special dialogue there it. There were fun interactions with Shadowheart and Gale so I'll probably recruit both.

What backround I'll choose I do not know, I'll decide spontaneously, maybe there are some new ones. I don't want to pick Baldurian if it's possible though.

R
old hand
old hand
R
To be honest, I'm tempted by the dark urge. There will probably be more information before the premiere, so then I will decide.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Non dwarves can't have a chosen God in a dnd game set in the Realms.... lol

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Yo no one choosing non-custom-origin lol

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8