Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by Animat10n

• Some companions are up for poly relationships. The only specific example given was Halsin.

Cross my fingers that Astarion is also openminded.

I kind of feel that he would be, but that's just speculation grin
Hope I will be able romance them both in one PT.

Last edited by Animat10n; 10/07/23 07:16 AM.
veteran
Online Confused
veteran
I have took a closer look at the PfH stream, and it seems that class preview might be in the game - in class screen there is a small button “details” right to the class’ name.

I don’t see anything of that kind for Sublcasses, but they don’t spend much time there.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hello,I‘m a chinese player,My English is not good,In PFH,we meet Jaheira and Fist Marcus,I want to know in which chapter does this plot take place?We can enter the Tower of Moonlight in which chapter?We know there are two routes to the Moon Rising Tower,Blasted Lands and Underdark,We can go to the Underdark in act1,but why does Swen say that the plot of encountering Jaheira is in the act2?I think both of these areas should be in the act1.I hope you can help answer the question,thank you.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by jwqlwj
Hello,I‘m a chinese player,My English is not good,In PFH,we meet Jaheira and Fist Marcus,I want to know in which chapter does this plot take place?We can enter the Tower of Moonlight in which chapter?We know there are two routes to the Moon Rising Tower,Blasted Lands and Underdark,We can go to the Underdark in act1,but why does Swen say that the plot of encountering Jaheira is in the act2?I think both of these areas should be in the act1.I hope you can help answer the question,thank you.

I'm afraid I don't know.

I think it's reasonable to assume that Moonrise Towers is somewhere around the end of act 1/start of act 2. From the comment you mention, it sounds as though act 2 might formally start on the approach to Moonrise Towers, but I guess we will need to wait and see for certain.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I have took a closer look at the PfH stream, and it seems that class preview might be in the game - in class screen there is a small button “details” right to the class’ name.

I don’t see anything of that kind for Sublcasses, but they don’t spend much time there.

Oh, good spot. I can see that, for example, at 4:18:27 in the PfH Release Showcase. I can confirm I didn't see or click that details button (dammit!!!) so it is at least possible that might be the class progression info we are hoping for.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
Originally Posted by Nyloth
I heard that Daisy was changed, it's a little disappointing. I literally don't understand what the point of the guard is, I thought the dream should "seduce" us, that was the point... It's useless now.

Yah, I have no idea what I'd make for any of my characters now. It was easy to just imagine a cute Dream Girl for each of them, but some kind of guardian? They're adventurers. They don't exactly desire someone else to protect them from danger.

It does seem that Larian's vision for how Daisy works has changed - I'd guess in response to Early Access feedback - and that's going to take some adjustment. I kind of liked the creepy dream seducer, but I appreciate many others didn't and even for my own PCs it didn't always fit. So I'm willing to keep an open mind and see what Larian have come up with instead (or even as well, as for all we know at this stage it is still possible for the relationship to take on that seductive tone).

But I do agree with the point that it means we don't really have any guidance on what kind of character to create. Unless this gets clarified in the run-up to the release or in the game itself (more than I spotted on my quick play) I think I'm just going to come up with something that could work for the old style Daisy but is reasonably neutral and see how things go in the first playthrough.

F
addict
addict
F
Just noticed from clicking through near that part of the video human has three "race feature" icons. One seems to be common to every race. I don't recognise any of them (4:11:57)

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 10/07/23 07:55 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Just noticed from clicking through near that part of the video human has three "race feature" icons. I don't recognise any of them (4:11:57)

Another good spot. Presumably whatever they are is intended to balance humans given the fact that races seemed to have floating +2 and +1 attribute bonuses in the build I saw.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by jwqlwj
I can answer this for you. the shadowland area (cursed land, moonrise towers, last light inn etc) is Act 2. The 2 roads approach here is Act 1, including the current available Underdark (and more), or the surface road through mountain pass +githyanki Creche.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
"race feature" icons. One seems to be common to every race.

I wonder if that one makes reference to the default (but adjustable) ability score bonuses?

I want another chance at the game!!! There's so much I didn't catch.

F
addict
addict
F
"Blue eye" is clearly darkvision (humans don't get). Gold -> on grey background = +2/+1 ASI? I'm guessing blue icons represent a passive ability (I've spotted one for "drow weapon proficiencies") and red icons are active abilities/spells.

The human appears to get something I would decode as "human proficiencies". Looks like a torch, but "torch proficiency" doesn't make much sense. The other shows three arrows, on left, one right, one up. I would infer that this most likely represents a choice, but could be related to navigation.

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 10/07/23 08:09 AM.
veteran
veteran
Just noticed from clicking through near that part of the video human has three "race feature" icons. One seems to be common to every race. I don't recognise any of them (4:11:57)
First one is Fluid stat bonus that all races had during the presentation +2 to main stat +1 to secondary.
The other are weapon proficiencies ... in case of human its Halberds, Javelins, Spears and one more polearm weapon i cant remember right now.
Im not sure what are those three blue arrows aiming up ... Humans also get the Light Armor proficiency, so in theory it can be that but dunno.

BTW this things are listed between all proficiencies on right side of screen ... first class prof. are listed, then racial ones.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
I hope this question hasn't already been asked and I've missed it, but did you see if the owlbear cub was still in our camp? I'd imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to take Scratch along with us to Baldur's Gate, but what happens to the little cub? (Ok, maybe it's not that little 😄 But it's cute)

Thank you in advance, Red Queen!

veteran
veteran
So no party skill checks in dialogue? Your Barbarian has to roll Arcana while Gale stands behind him and watches?

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
First one is Fluid stat bonus that all races had during the presentation +2 to main stat +1 to secondary.
The other are weapon proficiencies ... in case of human its Halberds, Javelins, Spears and one more polearm weapon i cant remember right now.
Im not sure what are those three blue arrows aiming up ... Humans also get the Light Armor proficiency, so in theory it can be that but dunno.

BTW this things are listed between all proficiencies on right side of screen ... first class prof. are listed, then racial ones.
Maybe humies need arrows to show them where to put their head and arms? And if humans can wear leather armour, why is Gale still wearing his bathrobe?

NB: It's Spears, Pikes, Halbards, Glaives and Light Armor. (good spot)

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 10/07/23 11:38 AM.
?
stranger
stranger
?
Hi!!! English isn't my mother tongue, I hope my expression won't make you confused. Don't know this question hasn't yet, if it is, I'm really sorry for bothering you. I want to ask did Larian really make the whole city, including the outer city? Could you describe the size of it? If not, which part of the city is abandoned? Is this kind of question really allowed to be answered...()

I sincerely appreciate your work!! Thank you!

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by 杜昭
Hi!!! English isn't my mother tongue, I hope my expression won't make you confused. Don't know this question hasn't yet, if it is, I'm really sorry for bothering you. I want to ask did Larian really make the whole city, including the outer city? Could you describe the size of it? If not, which part of the city is abandoned? Is this kind of question really allowed to be answered...()

I sincerely appreciate your work!! Thank you!

Thanks!

The best look at the city we have so far is probably still the city reveal trailer (https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=851751&an=86#Post851751). But I did get a bit of a glimpse of some of the outer city in the presentation I saw, including a little bit Swen said was Rivington (which I think is a satellite town rather than Baldur's Gate proper?) and an area where a circus had been set up, carrying on a grand tradition from BG1 and BG2. Swen also mentioned that the Undercity was there, though I didn't see it.

At this stage, I think it's reasonable to assume that we'll be able to see at least part of the lower city, upper city, outer city (including Wyrm's Crossing) and Undercity and it sounds pretty huge!

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Lyelle
I hope this question hasn't already been asked and I've missed it, but did you see if the owlbear cub was still in our camp? I'd imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to take Scratch along with us to Baldur's Gate, but what happens to the little cub? (Ok, maybe it's not that little 😄 But it's cute)

Sorry, Lyelle, I have nothing to report on either Scratch or the owlbear cub so we can but hope. I didn't see them in either of the camping areas that were shown briefly in the morning presentation, but then I didn't see most of the companions that must have been there somewhere either, and of course they may not even have been collected in the playthrough we were seeing the later part of, so there is no reason to despair grin

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by 1varangian
So no party skill checks in dialogue? Your Barbarian has to roll Arcana while Gale stands behind him and watches?

This is one of the (many) things I'm kicking myself for not properly checking. Not that I had any more time and I was going as fast as I could!

Nothing really jumped out at me as different about the dialogues, but then I had very few in the bit of the game I managed to play and didn't experiment to, for example, see if I could change characters in the course of the conversation. Which is what I'd like to be able to do, and I confess wouldn't like the best character to roll a skill check if another character was talking, at least in most circumstances.

But either way, I'm afraid we'll need to wait for more info from another source for anything definitive.

Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
Originally Posted by Giannis_M
That's what i gathered as well but i wanted to know for sure. Well either way the game will be amazing. It doesnt really make sense to me because we have heard they would add more PC voices without the PCs being fully voiced. Does the sound barks need to be so detailed with 8 different voice options?
Originally Posted by crashdaddy
Okay, definitely curious about this! Could you share with us the snippet of news about Daisy? Thanks for all the great answers so far

Who is Daisy, and what has she done to Hal?

"Daisy" is the nickname for the character we're asked to customise along with our protagonist as part of character creation.

I'm going to pop this bit in spoiler tags, though given everything I saw that was different was at character creation it's not something you'd need to wait long to discover once you play the game grin

In Early Access, after we created our character and were ready to venture forth, we were asked "Who do you dream of?" and were able to set the race and appearance of a second character in a floaty lilac robe.

In the build I saw at the event in Ghent, this was different. For my custom Tav at least, I was instead told "You need a guardian, choose one" and the character we could configure was dressed accordingly, in a slightly paladiny/crusadery way. I'm speculating that Larian have listened to folk who found the original Daisy disturbingly creepy and have reworked this interaction. Personally, I quite liked the creepiness, but freely admit it didn't work for all my planned protagonists, let alone all players, so I'm quite glad there seems to have been a bit of a rethink. Of course, it's anyone's guess what this means for the actual Daisy interactions in game, and as I only rested once and didn't dream (not even a "Where are you?" despite having used my illithid power to free SH from the pod), I have no insight to offer on that front.

We'll have to wait and see whether we're able to have a bit more control over the nature of the relationship with Daisy, or whether the relationship will still be the same for all but of a different kind. But still, I found it interesting that this change has been made, and I know that for some folk here at least that will be something of a relief.

EDIT Just updated to clarify this was only for a custom character. I'm not sure what happens for origins, and whether their Daisies might be specific individuals from their stories, such as Cazador for Astarion. I'm guessing the origin character "Daisy" dream sequences might be quite different, though that's speculation.

I suspect its that they didn't want Daisy stepping on The Dark Urge/Hobgoblin guys toes as the creepy option, so they went with a more heroic option, might still be Tav lover, but less dark, hypothesis Daisy 2.0 might be an Astral Deva/Guardian Angel now, Astral Devas cam shape shift maybe instead of just existing in our minds we can summon him/her/they with Planar Ally. Do you pick a class as well as a Race/Subrace for Daisy now?

Okay... When I saw this I decided that I NEED to make an account here. Let me explain.

I will be playing a TAV first and also A Dark Urge, playing them at the same time and switching between the two to see how different they are and for the story I gave them. It will be a War Cleric Dwarf and Dragonborn GOO Warlock. I want to give my Dwarf an ideal partner in their head which is a female Dragonborn (I have my fetishes, don't judge) and I will make the Dark Urge that exact Dragonborn.

I even came up with this small background for this story and both of those characters

So my Dwarf is a War Cleric who was lost in his love for War, his devotion to slaughter and the only person to take him out of it was a certain Dragonborn girl, someone who was truly dear to his heart. He found her when she was all alone, she was alone all her life and was losing herself to violent urges that made her go berserk every so often. Meeting her made this Dwarf wake up from his devotion and start to feel something different. A need to help this poor soul with control over her need for murder and he grew truly attached to her and she did to him... and then he lost her in one battle where she went wild and turned into that Slayer looking monster from release trailer. In that form she also attacked the Dwarf who accidentally killed her as she tried to kill him. This made my Dwarf pretty much completely depressed and lost in dark thoughts wanting nothing, but vengeance, losing himself in the haze of violent thoughts, yearning for brutality of war to keep his mind off of his loss, of his failure... Or maybe because he wants to think that she is there on some battlefield and there is a chance he can still save her. But now he has to wake up and deal with his guilt, move forward. Do something better. But now it's like she is always there next to him. Looking over his shoulder. Watching him every time he closes his eyes.

While in the other timeline she got to live. She got to live while the Dwarf died sparing her life, not being able to kill her even as she tried to kill him. She got out of her haze of violence and turned back to normal, but once she saw what she did she fell into complete despair and now was completely alone, filled with sorrow her violent urges came back even stronger later on. She ended isolating herself again, she tried to seek help through learning and eventually looked for guidance in forbidden knowledge of great unknown. In the unreachable depths of space she found hope in eldritch beings that could possibly rid her off this violence and loneliness. She studied the secrets of Great old ones but in result she became more insane and the Gobbo got to her and made her into a violent monster again, forcing her to murder people against her will, tearing her apart as she was turning back into the monster she was before that took away that Dwarf, destroying her mind further. Now because of Tadpole she has the chance to rid herself from this. Somehow. She will find a way. And atone for all of her sins.

Two stories about people that lost each other. Each on ending up in this situation in different ways. With different stories as they were connected through violence and through loss of each other try to break their need for murder. Escape this violent cycle.

Kind of role play based around two stories from different timelines.

But if this bit about you posted there is true about a Guardian then this story just gained for me a WHOLE new light. My Dwarf's guardian would be the girl that was killed by him, protecting him as he tries to forgive himself for her death. Always there as she already forgave him and wants him to be safe.

This is honestly making me even more happy to play both TAV and Dark Urge at the same time. It would be just beautiful.

Last edited by SoulfulAzrael; 10/07/23 11:21 AM.
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard