Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24
F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
if you play, say a Gnome, you would get +2 or two +1 to put into any ability score of your choice, and then on top of that you would get an additional racial from your subrace? Then you get Point buy on top of that? is the subrace racial increase exempt from the +2/+1 +1?

As far as I could tell, the +2/+1 replaces any racial attribute bonuses. In many cases, it's actually the same as the racial attribute bonuses by default, though the user seems to be able to reassign them.

So my stoutheart halfling ranger, for example, defaulted to +2 Dex, +1 Con as normal, but I could change the +1 Con to +1 Wis instead. I could have changed the +2 Dex to +2 Cha or something too, if I'd wished. I assume I couldn't have put them both on the same attribute to get a +3 but didn't actually check that.

Of course, not all races/subraces get a +2/+1 by default but what it looks like Larian have done is change their attributes to match this pattern but then give some additional benefit in proficiencies to balance in the event that this makes the race weaker than as per PHB, and some folk have gone through the PFH screenshots and gathered a bit more info about that. I'm afraid I didn't have time to do more than note the basics.

Are the special racial feats still in? For example the Lucky feat for your halfling or fire resistance for tieflings, special weapon specs for dwarves, gith, elfs etc.?
Yes. You can tell by looking at the character creation shots in the video. Pause button is recommended.

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 10/07/23 02:31 PM.
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Beechams
Just watched the Woolfart vid and everything is 'really cool' as per usual. His comments about the number and variety of magical items got my attention and he reminded me that the maps have been overhauled to be more functional.
WoolfartIBS

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by fylimar
Are the special racial feats still in? For example the Lucky feat for your halfling or fire resistance for tieflings, special weapon specs for dwarves, gith, elfs etc.?

I didn't check everything, but yes there are definitely still racial abilities/feats. I'm assuming (though it is an assumption) that if the race was one which has a +2/+1 to attributes, everything will be the same except that the attribute bonuses are updateable, but that there are tweaks to races who have/had different attribute bonuses like humans and half elves to try to balance them. Possibly unsuccessfully, based on the chat here grin

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Wolfheart has posted!!

re-posted:

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Last edited by Blackheifer; 10/07/23 05:23 PM.

Blackheifer
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by somewherebeyond
that makes human worst race, as they dont get anything on top. and i guess makes half orc and wood elf best ones for combat and magic/roguish class respectively.
btw, does anyone heard about stat / class customization options for origins?
Humans get poleweapon proficiency apparently, could be really usefull for some clerics and druids, as well as other casters.

They get another bonus too.

veteran
veteran
I'd say polearms are nothing to scoff at... If you aren't playing a class that already had that proficiency.

If you do, on the other hand, it gets pretty underwhelming as an option.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
Hello, Red Queen, and thank you for your for sharing what you saw.
I have really small question. Was the scene at the gates of the Grove with Aradine and Co changed? Just "yes/no" will be sufficient answer, but details if it was changed would be cool to.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
As far as I could tell, the +2/+1 replaces any racial attribute bonuses. In many cases, it's actually the same as the racial attribute bonuses by default, though the user seems to be able to reassign them.

So my stoutheart halfling ranger, for example, defaulted to +2 Dex, +1 Con as normal, but I could change the +1 Con to +1 Wis instead. I could have changed the +2 Dex to +2 Cha or something too, if I'd wished. I assume I couldn't have put them both on the same attribute to get a +3 but didn't actually check that.

That's fantastic, thank you for the in depth explanation. I love it. This opens up all sorts of doors - I will communicate this to my Guild now.

I wanted to hold off until i fully understood what we were getting. Do you have any additional info on any additional racials implemented? I assume all the standard ones are still there? darkvision, armor proficiency etc?

I assume most stuff remains the same, especially for races that already had +2/+1 attribute bonuses, but didn't have time to note more. Some folk have posted on these forums additional info they've managed to glean from careful watching of the PFH section where each race was flipped through.

Wolfheart mentions the customisable attribute bonuses in his vid, but I don't think he goes into any more detail either.

It might be worth starting a thread specifically on what we have discovered on this, if anyone is in the mood. I don't have time today, but if noone else collates the info and I happen to find myself at a loose end at some point I might give it a go!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
[quote=Blackheifer]Wolfheart has posted!!

Oops, it was taken down. He may have needed to change something. Apparently it got age restricted.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 10/07/23 05:24 PM.

Blackheifer
C
addict
addict
C
Thank you for all the great info, very much appreciated!

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Zellin
I have really small question. Was the scene at the gates of the Grove with Aradine and Co changed? Just "yes/no" will be sufficient answer, but details if it was changed would be cool to.

It looked pretty much the same, except that Wyll's entrance had been jazzed up with some close up camera work and fancy swordplay. (Here's hoping he'll actually have the build to back up his apparent rapier-wielding skills in the full release smile)

C
C
I just watched Wolfheart's video.
Additional standouts for me were shield spell in the game and works exactly like 5e. Dark Urge Oath of Vengeance sorcadin for playthrough 2 confirmed! Plus you can no longer just circle round the back of an enemy and hide as it won't let you hide in an enemy's zone of threat. Also very cool. Also panther form for druid. I'm going to be honest, he's really hyped it up even more for me.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by crashdaddy
I just watched Wolfheart's video.
Additional standouts for me were shield spell in the game and works exactly like 5e. Dark Urge Oath of Vengeance sorcadin for playthrough 2 confirmed! Plus you can no longer just circle round the back of an enemy and hide as it won't let you hide in an enemy's zone of threat. Also very cool. Also panther form for druid. I'm going to be honest, he's really hyped it up even more for me.
Yay for panther form!!!🎉

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Do you respec through Withers? When can you respec?

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
C
C
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Do you respec through Withers? When can you respec?

Wolfheart said the option is when you unlock a character beginning with W, so looks like it

C
C
The original got age restricted, hence it wouldn't embed.

Here's the re-upload:

enthusiast
enthusiast
You know what happen to half/elf... they still have three bonus stats +2 +1 +1 ?

veteran
veteran
List of changes from Wolfheart

Hiding.

1. Only rogues can BA Hide.
2. You can no longer hide in the threatened area of combat, so you cannot circle around and hide anymore.

Shove:

Shoving has a die role that you see above your head - still a BA

Crafting system:

1. At least alchemy is in place and its very detailed
2. recipes must be found

Map:

Complete redone.
Looks like a D&D map.
Much more clear

World:

ACT 1 - Between Baldur's Gate and Elturel
ACT 2 - Shadow Cursed Lands
ACT 3 - Baldur's Gate

Additional Creatures mentioned:

Genies,
kobolds
dinosaurs

Half of the NPC's are interactable in Baldur's Gate
2k NPC's in Baldur's Gate
All animals are interactable

Wolf mentioned an unknown place he went to far from Baldur's gate

You can also end up in jail - as in a huge prison.

Blackheifer
addict
addict
Looks like an amazing update for MAPS!! According to Wolf, very much D&D flavor. Nice!
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
C
addict
addict
C
List of changes from Wolfheart

Thanks very much for the summary

Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard