Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Dude. It duesnt take a genius to figure out letting the host decide is the absolute perfect option. Again, the gane has difficulty levels. Not every player wants to play on the sane level.... so currently who decides what difficulty to play on? That same person can decide what stat determining method to use. Or what other options ate beung used. This is basic stuff figure out by any non mmo that has a mp component. Lol The host can decide. EASY

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Xzoviac
Spoken as someone who has not actually played multiplayer.

and just encase you are in any doubt Blackheifer, I do infact play multiplayer games

I honestly just don't believe you. You didn't know that most multiplayer games are between strangers on the Larian Discord. I think it's hard for people to admit to what they don't know and maybe this seemed the easier option for you. I totally get it.

I will tell you I KNOW Swen plays a ton of multiplayer and so does his inner circle, and I would bet you - based on their informed experience - that they concluded that stat rolling would be a nightmare for multiplayer.

The bar is much higher to get a multiplayer game going successfully, and anything that can make that bar easier to get over is a huge deal.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 10/07/23 02:57 PM.

Blackheifer
Xzoviac Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
you didn't know that most multiplayer games are between strangers
id really appreciate it if you'd stop making up BS statements like this mate
just so you are aware, you don't actually know me you also don't know what I do or don't know
seems to me your mixing your opinions up with facts

and just so you are aware, Larian has said they where going to add dice roll stats at the start of early access
they where considering it for dos2 too (cant remember where i read this if i find it ill add a link)
so once again trying to come from a place of authority and making out that Larian think the same way as you, does not make your point correct

im not going to argue with you further though because I don't think you can see anyone else's point of view, so im not going to reply further to you mate

have a good day

Last edited by Xzoviac; 10/07/23 02:52 PM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
So Wolfheart just confirmed that there was no stat rolling in the version of the game he got to play during the press briefing. Instead there was that wimpy "everybody gets +2/+1" nonsense so now all gnomes and haflings and dragon-borns and half-orcs are entirely the same, seemingly.

And I got to say, I'm not exactly pleased by that. Makes the world less coherent. Makes races less coherent. Even your exceptional goldfish isn't going to have a higher strength rating than your generic great white shark.

But whatever, it will probably be fine in the end.

old hand
old hand
I have 100000000000000 million hours in multiplayer and I declare from the absolute point of undeniable authority that you are all wrong. I consulted with Swen's dog and it told me that it doesn't matter if you can or can't roll stats in multi until you can toss some gnomes around.

veteran
veteran
you didn't know that most multiplayer games are between strangers
id really appreciate it if you'd stop making up BS statements like this mate

and think their way is the only way it should be played, IMO
and considering most/all multiplayer is going to be played with your friends you can quiet easily discuss how you want people to play before hand artificial restrictions are not really necessary,

You literally said this. I think not arguing with me further is a great choice.

Blackheifer
Xzoviac Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
just gonna add this for the people worried they are not going to get the stat dice rolls it has actually already been confirmed so no worry's guys smile

https://twinfinite.net/features/baldurs-gate-3-interview/

Ed: Can you roll for stats? How will that work?

Walgrave: You can! In the character creation, you can accept what’s there or you can use the point buy option, or you can roll for stats. We’re going to implement I think two or three different ways of doing it.

so there is nothing to argue about actually

Last edited by Xzoviac; 10/07/23 03:01 PM.
veteran
veteran
just gonna add this for the people worried they are not going to get the stat dice rolls it has actually already been confirmed so no worry's guys smile

https://twinfinite.net/features/baldurs-gate-3-interview/

Ed: Can you roll for stats? How will that work?

Walgrave: You can! In the character creation, you can accept what’s there or you can use the point buy option, or you can roll for stats. We’re going to implement I think two or three different ways of doing it.

so there is nothing to argue about actually

That's over 3 years old. RIF

Blackheifer
addict
addict
Originally Posted by ArvGuy
So Wolfheart just confirmed that there was no stat rolling in the version of the game he got to play during the press briefing. Instead there was that wimpy "everybody gets +2/+1" nonsense so now all gnomes and haflings and dragon-borns and half-orcs are entirely the same, seemingly.

And I got to say, I'm not exactly pleased by that. Makes the world less coherent. Makes races less coherent. Even your exceptional goldfish isn't going to have a higher strength rating than your generic great white shark.

But whatever, it will probably be fine in the end.

Do we know if half-elves and Shield Dwarves still get their +4 total bonuses?

Back from timeout.
H
HZM Offline
journeyman
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by benbaxter

All the racial bonuses were removed and all races now get the same floating +2 and +1. So, no more +4 total bonuses for anyone and Humans really get shafted going from the worst EA race to somehow even worse in release.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by HZM

All the racial bonuses were removed and all races now get the same floating +2 and +1. So, no more +4 total bonuses for anyone and Humans really get shafted going from the worst EA race to somehow even worse in release.
Humans get polarm proficiency so they'll be good for clerics and druids. Maybe even for arcane casters

H
HZM Offline
journeyman
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Originally Posted by HZM

Humans get polarm proficiency so they'll be good for clerics and druids. Maybe even for arcane casters

lol and light armor! Not a good trade IMO, and again they were already the worst race.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by HZM

They best be giving my half-elf his two extra skill proficiencies then. Otherwise there is literally no reason to play a half-elf, they would just be sub-par elves. WOW...

Back from timeout.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Have to wait to see how they fully implemented the system...

But if major tweaks have not been made the +2/+1 thing seems like a pretty big blunder.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Also - I wonder if this is Larian's way of trying to force people to play non-Human characters. They seemed extremely pissed off that most people made "bland, normal guy" in character creation.

If that is the case then I think that is beyond stupid. Don't make a game saying you can play whatever you want and then penalize people who play what they want to play by nerfing the race into the ground.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Lake Plisko
They seemed extremely pissed off that most people made "bland, normal guy" in character creation.

Nah! They just thought it was funny that they'd created all these weird and wacky races but when they looked at the averages of what people were selecting it was just a guy that you wouldn't have found out of place walking around most majority-white places here on boring old Earth.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
I watched Wolf this morning as well.

I could get into how the world has been trending to this way of thinking over the last few decades. Everyone gets a blue ribbon, even if you suck at sports you win. I don't subscribe to this way of thinking I believe as a human race it hurting us long term. We are all born different/genetics, some have to work harder at certain things thats how we grow and what makes us so unique. I don't know... maybe it will be all well in the end.

just seeing a lot in the last few day that's making me shake my head and say, "what the %$%^$ is this world coming to"

Last edited by Doomlord; 10/07/23 04:48 PM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by HZM

I've seen this mentioned a couple times. It seems odd that humans would specifically get proficiency in a set of weapons, and even more odd that that set would be "polearms."

Are we sure that this proficiency isn't due to e.g., humans getting an extra feat and taking the Polearm Master feat?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Doomlord
just seeing a lot in the last few day that's making me shake my head and say, "what the %$%^$ is this world coming to"

Fortunately, all we need to worry about here is what BG3 is coming to.

We can leave the state of the world for another day and another place grin

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Originally Posted by HZM

I've seen this mentioned a couple times. It seems odd that humans would specifically get proficiency in a set of weapons, and even more odd that that set would be "polearms."

Are we sure that this proficiency isn't due to e.g., humans getting an extra feat and taking the Polearm Master feat?
Think of how many redshirt spear wielding guards there are out there.

Not to mention the whole human farmland pitchfork thing.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard