Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Potatoo
Roll roll roll your dice, gently across the table. Merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dream.

Let me roll Larian, God damn, let me roll!

Rolling is for everyone!

LOL. At this point, with all the crazy house rules they've been adding to mess with power levels, I'm a convert.

Let us roll, Larian!

Back from timeout.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Yes Larian, let us roll for our stats! Or else we will go to Ghent and roll cheeses at you!

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
We have already seen the ogre strength belt
Acording to PFH interface ...
There is no slot for belt.

We think there is:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

On the left:
Armor Helm/Hat
Cape slot
Armor chest and legs
Armor Gloves
Armor Feet

On the Right:
Shirt
Shoes
Belts/Codpieces/pantaloons
Amulet
Ring 1
Ring 2

Also he appears to be wearing some sort of belt. I admit it's oddly placed but I(we) have no idea what else that could be.

there are potions of hill giant strength
Wich might be aswell just buged in last patch, since all the other time they worked for just a few seconds?

In the PHB strength potions are meant to last 1 hour. It was the original 10 round implementation that was wrong.

Larian just made them until long rest for simplicity, but I would be fine with an hour - that's a long time - especially since we will likely be able to craft them AND buy them.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 11/07/23 03:43 PM.

Blackheifer
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Cyrus
Originally Posted by neprostoman
This can be upsetting to some people who want to roleplay classic fighters for example, not potion-drugged gigachads with 18 in every ability score. It is even more concerning how they'd balance the game around such shenanigans. Something tells me they won't at all.

That is a good point.

And that's totally cool if that is the character you want to roleplay as - an austere warrior who eschews all drugs because [Background Reason] - so no Elixirs, no health Potions, no invisibility potions, no resistance potions - I assume weapon oils are fine.

However, it doesn't stop you from using Magic Items armor, or weapons that increase certain stats. Unless that is also part of your restrictions. In which case I would say you may have chosen the wrong class and you should look at Monk instead or Barbarian.

Blackheifer
No way that is a place for belt. Do you put your belt between your hat and shirt? Is this some kind of kinky adult belt?

veteran
Online Content
veteran
No way that is a place for belt. Do you put your belt between your hat and shirt? Is this some kind of kinky adult belt?

Then what is it?

Edit: Nevermind, that's the cape slot.

The right clothing slots are just regular clothes though, no idea if that belt slot on the right can be magic.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 11/07/23 03:43 PM.

Blackheifer
I don't know, but it's clearly something that is in between head and upper torso. Yeah, it's most likely a cape, which is cool.

Last edited by Potatoo; 11/07/23 03:44 PM.
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
"Mods". Is that the cheap cop out answer for everything for the excuse makers? With that reasoning, we should have been fine if Larian just gave us one race, one class, one weapon. Oh? You want a dagger not an axe? Mod it. Lmao

FYI, I am paying Larian 100$ not some random peons on the net. Lmao

"Mod it" even if there are and there will be good mods I may be interested in. I'm judging the game based on what Larian does. They're the developers.

Last edited by Volourn; 12/07/23 05:02 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

The right clothing slots are just regular clothes though, no idea if that belt slot on the right can be magic.

Yep, that's the cape slot and that's just reminded me that Swen did confirm capes when I was in Ghent though I don't recall seeing one in action.

And I'm afraid I didn't notice what that slot third down on the right is, but it seems reasonable to assume it's for a belt and can be magical given it's just above the other accessories. Though as you say, also just under the camp clothes/shoes so inconclusive!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen

Yep, that's the cape slot and that's just reminded me that Swen did confirm capes when I was in Ghent though I don't recall seeing one in action.

And I'm afraid I didn't notice what that slot third down on the right is, but it seems reasonable to assume it's for a belt and can be magical given it's just above the other accessories. Though as you say, also just under the camp clothes/shoes so inconclusive!

GOOD EYE!

Its a separate slot from the camp clothes slot! It's got to be a belt slot! Woot!

Blackheifer
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
It would be illogical not to have a belt slot.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by The Red Queen

Isn't that the underwear slot? It looked like an underwear slot to me, and since reddit and the forum asked larian for this.

addict
addict
As long as I can wear the underwear on the outside of my pants (like my favorite super hero’s), I will be happy, if not I am going to get unrealistically agitated to the point the Red Queen is going to have to send me a PM to calm me down!!!

LoL please don’t ban me smile

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Staden
Isn't that the underwear slot? It looked like an underwear slot to me, and since reddit and the forum asked larian for this.

Surely there's not going to be an underwear slot but no belts?! Hmm. Actually, I rule nothing out. I suppose as long as it's magic underwear. Underpants of Frost Giant Strength?

EDIT: I totally messed up that joke. I should have suggested the "Panty Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity".

Last edited by The Red Queen; 11/07/23 04:34 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
I dunno ...
I kinda agree with the explanation Tuco posted here: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=856539#Post856539

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

I mean, if you look at that UI, its separated to segments ...
Up left - Equipment
Down - Weapons and simmilar stuff (Dont tell me lute is not a weapon until you hear me play!)
Up right - Camp equipment
Mid right - Accessories

And in between camp equipment and accessories is something that is neither.
If it should be belt, i would expect it on up left ...

Underwear actually makes sense, since people indeed was asking for it ...

//Edit:
And now im sure its underwear! laugh
Loot at them:

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 11/07/23 04:52 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
C
addict
addict
C
Has anyone considered waiting until the game comes out, playing it, and then providing feedback once you get to actually experience it in full context?

You know perfectly well that was never an option! 🤣

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Volourn
"Mods". Is that the cheap cop out answer fir everything fir the excuse makers? With that reasoning, we should have been fine if Laruan just gave us one rsce one class, one weapon. Oh? You want a dagger not an age? Mod it. Lmao

FYI, I am paying Larian 100$ not some random peons on the net. Lmao

"Mod it" even if there are and there will be good mods I may be interested in. I'm judging the game based on what Larian does. They're the developers.

Agree !

Roll roll roll your dice, gently across the table. Merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dream.

Just amazing xD

By the way, Moderators doesnt have any channel to ask devs or someone this "minor" questions and provide us some information about ? Just asking wink

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Just amazing xD

By the way, Moderators doesnt have any channel to ask devs or someone this "minor" questions and provide us some information about ? Just asking wink

Larian's Discord #bg3-Modding

https://discord.gg/wbdC3VYn

There are about 38 modders online right now over there.

Blackheifer
addict
addict
Curious, this is the first dnd game
I dunno ...
I kinda agree with the explanation Tuco posted here: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=856539#Post856539

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

I mean, if you look at that UI, its separated to segments ...
Up left - Equipment
Down - Weapons and simmilar stuff (Dont tell me lute is not a weapon until you hear me play!)
Up right - Camp equipment
Mid right - Accessories

And in between camp equipment and accessories is something that is neither.
If it should be belt, i would expect it on up left ...

Underwear actually makes sense, since people indeed was asking for it ...

//Edit:
And now im sure its underwear! laugh
Loot at them:
This is the first dnd video game I've played that didn't have a belt of giant strength, Now we get panties of deception... lol

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
stranger
stranger
Just amazing xD

Larian's Discord #bg3-Modding

https://discord.gg/wbdC3VYn

There are about 38 modders online right now over there.

Thanks !

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard