Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
There is not much to say while avoiding spoilers (and as it turned out even without it) so:

As we have ben told by our beloved Queen ...
There was some changes in how Daisy (our dream person) is handled in final release ...

And while i (as many of you, im sure) am aware that there was some feedback that her representation seems more invading, thatn seducing ... i know some people even used the word rape.
It have its charm for others of us.

So what i would want to know from you is what is your prefference?

Do you like this change?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 10/07/23 02:43 PM

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
stranger
stranger
tbh Original daisy wasn't clear either where it's lead in the future so change something what was unclear not a big deal for me. I'm sure they have a good reason to changed that in the end.

S
old hand
old hand
S
If you never pick the illithid options in early access, you never meet Daisy. This probably left so player dumbfounded on what was that extra step at character creation. If this is fixed then it is a great change in my book.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think the original Daisy was fine, considering it was supposed to be a mental illusion created by an alien entity seducing you to choose power. The disconcerting, heavy-handed, and yet alluring nature worked well for what it was. I think it would have been fine to leave it as it was and have options to change Daisy's wardrobe.

On the other hand, the problem with Daisy is that you're asked right off the bat to lay out the design of a sex fantasy. It's a very personal question, and jarring in the context. It can give first time, low-information players a bad first impression of what the game is about.

My thought on the new Daisy is that I think it's probably a wise move to change it. It makes me curious about if they've changed the feel of the Daisy dreams. I assume so.

enthusiast
enthusiast
could someone post what the change is please i think i missed it

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Xzoviac

It's linked in Rad's spoiler.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Originally Posted by Xzoviac

It's linked in Rad's spoiler.
thanks i didnt click the link haha Im gonna look now

veteran
veteran
I'm glad, they changed 'Daisy'. The old one was all kinds of creepy

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
apprentice
apprentice
Agreed, the old "Daisy" was creepy, but it also kind of made sense depending on how you rp your Character / your Character concept.
Overall i think choice is always best, so as some other people have stated in the Queens PFH-Questions thread, for some chars the "Protector" fits better, for others the (creepy) "Seductress".

C
addict
addict
C
Chicken voter, here. The creepiness of EA Daisy seemed very logical to me, but if it's sufficiently disturbing to make people not want to play (as it's non-optional content), then a change makes sense.

B
old hand
old hand
B
[This forum's performance is piss-poor.]

I'm still clueless as to what the purpose of this character is supposed to be. Is it always a female?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Beechams

I'm still clueless as to what the purpose of this character is supposed to be. Is it always a female?

Yes, the forum is struggling ... yet again!

We can't say for definite what the purpose of the character is, but in early access they appeared in dreams if we made use of our tadpole powers and tried to get us onside. To what end, and whether we could trust them, was the topic of much speculation but certainly wasn't confirmed in the bit of the game we saw.

And no, not only female, and we can pick the gender/race/appearance of the character.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

The forum is having a stroke and it's really, really, really, really bad.

Daisy is based on who you desire IIRC. Can be male or female.

90% sure it's the tadpole/absolute. Other 10% persuades me to think it's the artifact we get from Shart.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
C
C
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel

The forum is having a stroke and it's really, really, really, really bad.

Daisy is based on who you desire IIRC. Can be male or female.

90% sure it's the tadpole/absolute. Other 10% persuades me to think it's the artifact we get from Shart.

That's what I always thought tbh and your companions seem to suggest that too. But then the last dream you get with her is really, really confusing. You get the narrator telling you a strange urge to hurt her overwhelms you and if you pick that option she calls you a monster. After that to be honest, I was completely confused about the whole thing. I hope they expand on that a bit more

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I add my opinion aswell ...
I was kinda expecting that people will just vote and go on as usualy. laugh

I kinda like the new concept i read about ...
But there is one small problem.

There was single thing that i loved about old Daisy and it was that we were never sure if its on our side or not ... and in my opinion it was written perfectly.

This new incarnation seems to have clearly set side ... yes i know, NPCs can lie ... not sure if Larian would dare tho ... still, i just like how the game kept me in the dark about certain things and allowed me to interpret things in multiple ways.

With changes that were described during last PFH ... i sadly cant help the feeling that this is something we are slowly loosing.
And in my opinion its a shame.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
C
addict
addict
C
Given the tenor of what we saw in PFH, it they're calling it a guardian, that makes me feel even more that it's tadpole in origin.

Larian really, really want us to make choices we otherwise likely wouldn't. I like it, but I suspect many won't, unless they've done an absolutely bang-up job of making that story so enjoyable it outweighs how upset people get for being "tricked" into making choices they wouldn't have wanted

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel

Originally Posted by crashdaddy
You get the narrator telling you a strange urge to hurt her overwhelms you and if you pick that option she calls you a monster.

Maybe the Absolute trying to get you to hurt the artefact Daisy? (or vice versa?)

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
This new incarnation seems to have clearly set side

Another good point.

The plot thickens.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by colinl8
Given the tenor of what we saw in PFH, it they're calling it a guardian, that makes me feel even more that it's tadpole in origin.

Larian really, really want us to make choices we otherwise likely wouldn't. I like it, but I suspect many won't, unless they've done an absolutely bang-up job of making that story so enjoyable it outweighs how upset people get for being "tricked" into making choices they wouldn't have wanted

Rewatch it, its the tadpole resisting Daisy, also notice the dialog choice refer to an URGE to attack her.

Daisy isn't the tadpole, she's what ever is resisting the transformation into tadpole. I think Daisy always was a guardian, although with her own darkness, they are just making it explicit now, to distance the game play from the darker The Dark Urge.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Fifty shades of dark grey leading eventually to something darker than the darkest thing on Dark Street in Darktown.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard