Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Silver/
Originally Posted by benbaxter
Originally Posted by Silver/
This decision may be in part why they'll allow infinite (?) complete resets. It will have to be viewed in the framework of this mechanic existing.

I'm personally much, much more concerned about the power boost... combined with the lack of requirements. If I got this right, Larian will make fireball available to every level 5 character, multi class or no. Depending on just how unhinged this implementation is, the lack of requirements can be varying levels of disastrous. Go 5 levels paladin, one level whatever for fireball...

We may be all able to agree this is crazy and "just don't use fireball?" facetious. The issue is when it becomes tolerable enough for some people to ask said question again.

It sounds more like they are implementing the multi-class spell slot progression, but then letting you cast spells with those slots from any of the classes you chose. So you would only have access to the full spell list of everything if you took at least one level in Cleric, Druid, Bard, Ranger, Paladin, Wizard, Wild Magic Sorcerer, and Warlock.

Those rules would also dictate that you would need to be one level of an arcane class and 8 levels of Paladin to get fireball. 1+8/2 for the spell level progression.
That's slightly better. Still, 5 + 1 or 8 + 1, one singular level? Do you find that works out in practice?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'd want that at my table. It seems like it would kill off the individuality of the classes.

From a video game perspective though, making things easier isn't going to break the universe. It may make it easier to get undecided players to buy the game. Gods know how hard it is to get new players up to speed in table top. I can understand not wanting to bog down casual video game players with a decade and a half of rules and rulings.

It won't take modders long to create a "True 5e Experience" mod for those of us who want something that sticks to the core rules.

Back from timeout.
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
This will add 0 sales. Lol

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Volourn
This will add 0 sales. Lol

*Checks on list of economists, marketing research companies, leading video game designers and their marketing teams*
Hmm... I wasn't able to find your name in there. I'm not sure you are a reliable source for that data.

Back from timeout.
D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by napkin
Originally Posted by neprostoman
I bet on reddit everyone will be cheering about this change, same as it was with racial ASIs removal. LMAO may be I am a damn fossil, a relic of the past with no idea of half-decent game design, honestly don't know anymore. Bet soon it'll be time to start making my own game and play that instead, it seems, hahaha.

Same. How are people cheering an orc wizard or a halfling barbarian. Goes against established lore going back 80 years.

Weren't there halfling barbarians in Dark Sun? Not exactly relevant to Forgotten Realms... but there is precedent in the larger D&D corpus.

Last edited by dwig; 11/07/23 03:08 AM.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Well, as a combat enthusiast, that's true. However, it assumes the game is also balanced with those restrictions in mind, which logically, they wouldn't. It's mainly for this reason, I'm also very worried about the multiclass changes to spell progression. If they balance around that possibility, then you are pretty much forced to multiclass and I would really like to play pure class on higher difficulty.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by dwig
Originally Posted by napkin
Originally Posted by neprostoman
I bet on reddit everyone will be cheering about this change, same as it was with racial ASIs removal. LMAO may be I am a damn fossil, a relic of the past with no idea of half-decent game design, honestly don't know anymore. Bet soon it'll be time to start making my own game and play that instead, it seems, hahaha.

Same. How are people cheering an orc wizard or a halfling barbarian. Goes against established lore going back 80 years.

Weren't there halfling barbarians in Dark Sun? Not exactly relevant to Forgotten Realms... but there is precedent in the larger D&D corpus.
Despite what minmaxer think you can be a class without having the perfect stat array for it...

Last edited by Ixal; 11/07/23 08:03 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard