Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Macxd Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi, i was hoping that someone could confirm that EA players will also get the the 72 hour head start that pre order delux editions players will? And at that time we will get ALL of act 1, but will be stopped from progressing to act before the Aug 3 release date.

FYI i have been in EA since the start.

Thank you

System specs
Ryzen 5600x
Mobo MSI Tmahawk B450 Max
Ram 16GB DDR4 3200
GPU RX 6700 XT Latest drivers
WD 500 NVMe Pci-e 3.0
Windows 11 all updates installed
R
R
It is unclear at this point as folks tied to Larian have provided contradictory statements. This is expected to be cleared up in an official statement on Monday.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
One thing we can be clear about now, though, is that as all EA players get an automatic upgrade to the digital deluxe edition, no other customers are going to get the game any earlier than us!

(As Relampago says, we're expecting this to be properly clarified tomorrow so you may need to wait until then until you can be 100% sure, but my own understanding is that the 3 week early access to the full game basically replaces the 72 hours early access to act 1, so 3 August is the date we should be looking forward to grin)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Leaving this here too o.O

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

I don't know if it's confirmation, but i guess we'll see

Last edited by Krom; 09/07/23 03:54 PM.
veteran
veteran
I'd be disappointed to not get the 72 hours early, despite the 3 weeks early access, especially with how poor Larian has been with communicating this.

Macxd Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok thanks all for the info.

System specs
Ryzen 5600x
Ram 16GB DDR4 3200
WD 500 NVMe Pci-e 3.0
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I'd be disappointed to not get the 72 hours early, despite the 3 weeks early access, especially with how poor Larian has been with communicating this.
I would be too, but mostly because august 3rd is when my holiday end. I am hoping for few relaxed BG3 evenings before I have to back into the fray.

old hand
old hand
Aww man. Those few hours would've been useful, if only for getting character creation out of the way before jumping into things on the weekend.

Macxd Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Aww man. Those few hours would've been useful, if only for getting character creation out of the way before jumping into things on the weekend.

Preach smile

System specs
Ryzen 5600x
Ram 16GB DDR4 3200
WD 500 NVMe Pci-e 3.0
R
R
At the risk of raising expectations that may be crushed what is still official over on steam is Community Update 20 which states the following verbatim:

"The Collector’s Edition should make it to you around the 31st of August, the original release date. For those who ordered on PC, your Steam code will be emailed to you earlier so you can start playing sooner. (Quick note: save games will not transfer from your Early Access build to release, but within the 72-hour period prior to launch, they will).

On PlayStation 5, to ensure you’re ready for your Digital Deluxe Edition 72-hour Early Access period, your code will be sent to you via email before the 72-hour period starts, so you can jump in right on time to claim your rewards. Phew!

You can still buy the Collector’s Edition over on the official website, ce.baldursgate3.game. It’s ma-hoosive. We’ll show you at the Panel From Hell: Release Showcase."

Hopefully we will get clearer word on this tiday.

R
R
Ok so it looks like no 72 hour early access. Community update 20 has now been edited to remove reference to it

veteran
veteran
They're being super cagey with their communication lol. Even that edit seems to refer to save files, and the fact that they're still using 72 hour language is super confusing to people.

C
stranger
stranger
C
People purchased the game with the understanding that they could play release version of the game 72 hours earlier than the official release date. Official release date is now August 3rd, Larian needs to HONOR their PROMISE of allowing people to play the release version 72 hours earlier than that date. Period.

The game was already delayed years. I don't care that you moved the release up a month. Buyers of your product are entitled to the 72 hours early access from the actual release date of the PC version, which was promised when money was exchanged.

Last edited by Claudoomius; 11/07/23 05:39 AM.
veteran
veteran
I'm mostly annoyed that the edit is still frustratingly unclear. I want a definitive, unquestionable explanation that cannot be misinterpreted. Are we getting the 72 hour early access, yes or no? Regardless of the answer, surely getting that cleared up should be a decently high priority.

journeyman
journeyman
While i don't really mind not having 72h early access. I still would like to have clarification on that, just for scheduling purposes.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Time to see if a refund is still possible. Without the early start there is no reason to preorder and with the latest round of Larians rules changes coming to light its better to wait for reactions to see how much Larian screwed up and how bad/Larianfied the story gets.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Ixal
Time to see if a refund is still possible. Without the early start there is no reason to preorder and with the latest round of Larians rules changes coming to light its better to wait for reactions to see how much Larian screwed up and how bad/Larianfied the story gets.

I always saw the main benefit as the free upgrade to Digital Deluxe for EA players, though if you're not fussed about that content then I guess that might not swing it for you.

I am assured that though things are running a bit later than planned, there is an update coming with clarification on the point of the 72 hour early access.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by Ixal

I always saw the main benefit as the free upgrade to Digital Deluxe for EA players, though if you're not fussed about that content then I guess that might not swing it for you.

I am assured that though things are running a bit later than planned, there is an update coming with clarification on the point of the 72 hour early access.

Can you say on which channels we will get the info? On the main page? Here? I'm asking because I finally deleted my Twitter and I'm happy for it laugh

stranger
stranger
This is extremely problematic if this has been taken away. It was a condition of sale under which many would have purchased. This would be very close to bait and switch tactics.
Would be extremely disappointed in larian.

S
old hand
old hand
S
It doesn't even make sense why this wouldn't be the case, if time constrain was an issue they could have released the game the 6th and release 72 hours early for early access players. I just don't get it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard