Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by fylimar
I wasn't able to even load the site the last few days. I went to discuss the news on reddit, though I'd rather discuss with you guys and gals.

❤️

Sometimes I go to Reddit out of curiosity but I always make a pretty abrupt about-face.

As bad as it was yesterday, today the forum is smoother for me than it’s been in a long time.

veteran
veteran
Just bumping this.

It's pretty telling, and frustrating if I'm honest, that we have a single volunteer moderator that is heroically trying to do the work of an entire forum team, meanwhile we have cruddy forum performance for days at a time, over MONTHS, bad performance that should show up immediately if ANYONE is actually watching the traffic, and complete no shows from actual paid admins.

I get that we're not the twitter/tiktok/reddit audience, but we're paying customers too, I have to wonder if Larian would let their tiktok go down for days at a time? I'm guessing no.

Feeling a bit 2nd-class user over here is all I guess.

veteran
veteran
It's very difficult to participate in the forum with the loading times like they are. It seems like things are bad more often than they're good when it comes to the site loading.

veteran
veteran
Agreed, the loading times are taxing.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by JandK
It's very difficult to participate in the forum with the loading times like they are. It seems like things are bad more often than they're good when it comes to the site loading.

I agree. Every now and again it wakes up for a while, but it feels more often than not over the past few days it's just been painful.

Hopefully now the final PFH has been dealt with, there will be more capacity at Larian to deal with this. (I am an eternal optimist!)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
The forum's partying like it's 1999

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Strangely enough his thread was started before I experienced any problem, but since then the situation got worse and worse for me.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
It was fine earlier today (around 11 am UTC +2), but got progressively worse starting in the early afternoon.

veteran
veteran
Tuco ruined everything with his thread!!:D
I experience sever lag since he opened it lol

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke
I wasn't able to even load the site the last few days. I went to discuss the news on reddit, though I'd rather discuss with you guys and gals.

❤️

Sometimes I go to Reddit out of curiosity but I always make a pretty abrupt about-face.

As bad as it was yesterday, today the forum is smoother for me than it’s been in a long time.

On Reddit, you get downvoted, if you are not of the hive opinion. I was expressing, that I was sad that Helia was booted in favor of the Dark Urge and got downvoted. Not much fun tbh. I'd rather discuss here with people of different opinions, so hopefully, this forum will work better soon.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
I'll chip in and say that it's been pretty tough refreshing for most of the day.

Crawlers have been mentioned and my limited knowledge says it's not necessarily malicious intent, but a good deal of traffic from search terms that lead here. And, well... as a Steam top seller, it makes sense for a lot of people to be interested and look up information.

I'll also add my voice in that I'd dislike seeing this forum go. It's arguably the most moderate place to read opinions and does not go by at break-eye speed.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
C
addict
addict
C
On Reddit, you get downvoted, if you are not of the hive opinion. I was expressing, that I was sad that Helia was booted in favor of the Dark Urge and got downvoted. Not much fun tbh. I'd rather discuss here with people of different opinions, so hopefully, this forum will work better soon.

This really is huge. Not gamifying things really keeps conversations open to uncommon positions.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kendaric
It was fine earlier today (around 11 am UTC +2), but got progressively worse starting in the early afternoon.

It's been the same for me, I'm in the same time zone.
Currently, it's almost impossible to post something, or to browse the forum.

Sometimes the discussions can become very passionate/heated, but they are always interesting. I like this forum a lot.

Thank you for all your hard work moderating this forum, Red Queen!

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by colinl8

This really is huge. Not gamifying things really keeps conversations open to uncommon positions.
To add on to what both of you are saying, even the most agreeable people on this forum would be downvoted to oblivion for even slightly deviating from the generally accepted opinion of a small group of core individuals. Here, your points have to stand on their own merit and argument for people to agree with you, as opposed to how many people to whom you can pander to get enough upvotes and fewer downvotes. It's a giant circlejerk.

Having said that, this forum has been atrocious for more than a week in its performance. I want to talk about the game (mostly to distract myself from my dissertation because anxiety), but the performance is SHOT.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran

❤️

My experience has been that you get downvoted for how you express your opinion or because you didn't read the room correctly. If you hijack a post about some aspect of the game that people are happy about to tell everyone all the ways you think the game sucks you gonna get downvoted and you deserve it.

Language matters, and how you frame stuff matters. Reddit is a great teacher of how to be politic.

Oh and the forum is really struggling right now. Is somebody attacking you guys?

Blackheifer
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

❤️

My experience has been that you get downvoted for how you express your opinion or because you didn't read the room correctly. If you hijack a post about some aspect of the game that people are happy about to tell everyone all the ways you think the game sucks you gonna get downvoted and you deserve it.

Language matters, and how you frame stuff matters. Reddit is a great teacher of how to be politic.

Oh and the forum is really struggling right now. Is somebody attacking you guys?

I think that is only true to an extent. No matter how diplomatically you express yourself, there will always be people on Reddit who downvote you because they don’t agree with what you have to say.

I really hope they figure out this forum soon. It’s so difficult to use right now.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The biggest issue with Reddit is, that is have very little with how well you can express yourself, If your part of a large community, or get one of these against you, it dosent matter how well you write or express yourself, at that point its just about who has the most friends... so no, Reddit is a echo chamber, i dont care how unpopular a voice is, it should never be down voted, if it sticks in some peoples eyes, let it... it still a opinion and even bad opinions, just make us remember and aprchiate the good ones... subjectivly speaking ;P

veteran
veteran
When either likes/dislikes or algorithms enter the discussion - it becomes pointless in its core. Discussion is not the same as the vote poll. Like is not an argument and dislike is not a counter-argument.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Looks like it's more of the initial establishing of a connection with the server the forum is hosted on and less the forum itself being slow, if I'm reading the dev tools timeline correctly. But yeah, it sure does feel a lot like loading a modern website through a dial up modem.

The thing is, once the connection is established, the loading is reasonably fast. It's just that getting to that point can take 20-30 seconds or more. Could it be that there's a cap on how many connections the server allows and bots are swamping it in order to crawl as many pages as possible in as short time as possible? Doesn't sound unreasonable to me but it's not like I'm a web dev.

Oh, and the Reddit thing, it's an echo chamber. Stuff that gets voted up gets attention. Stuff that gets voted down gets burried. It's also a place where the owner wants to monetize the user activity while doing very little himself to actually pay back users for their activity by providing a good forum experience. That job falls to volunteer moderators that the owner doesn't give a damn about. Pardon my French, but fuck that shithole sideways. In my opinion, anyway.

C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by neprostoman
When either likes/dislikes or algorithms enter the discussion - it becomes pointless in its core. Discussion is not the same as the vote poll. Like is not an argument and dislike is not a counter-argument.

+1

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard