Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Yesterday was unbearable, wasn't it!? I had to give up yesterday evening, so I'm just catching up on what went on since.

My latest update I have is that the issues are believed to be at ubbcentral, impacting all forums powered by ubbthreads rather than anything local to here, which unfortunately means there's little to be done short of upgrading the software completely. Which obviously needs to be done, but is a bigger task than changing settings here.

Not that it can hurt to do things like restrict certain kind of bot if we can, but it's unlikely to fix everything.

On the plus side, I see our banner has finally updated!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Yesterday was unbearable, wasn't it!? I had to give up yesterday evening, so I'm just catching up on what went on since.

My latest update I have is that the issues are believed to be at ubbcentral, impacting all forums powered by ubbthreads rather than anything local to here, which unfortunately means there's little to be done short of upgrading the software completely. Which obviously needs to be done, but is a bigger task than changing settings here.

Not that it can hurt to do things like restrict certain kind of bot if we can, but it's unlikely to fix everything.

On the plus side, I see our banner has finally updated!
I gave up around 1320 hrs yesterday.

The banner still say 31st August on this page.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Beechams

How peculiar! It definitely says Aug 3 PC/Sep 6 PS5 for me.

PM me if that doesn't self correct within the next few hours, or if you do a full refresh of the page (sometimes I have to actually close the tab and reload the forums to get new posts showing in the Active Threads feed for some reason - other times it is fine).

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast

PM me if that doesn't self correct within the next few hours, or if you do a full refresh of the page (sometimes I have to actually close the tab and reload the forums to get new posts showing in the Active Threads feed for some reason - other times it is fine).
I had the same issue, but once I cleared the browser cache (images) and reloaded the page, the new banner with the correct date appeared.

The forum performance is still perfect for me - fingers crossed it will stay that way.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lyelle
I had the same issue, but once I cleared the browser cache (images) and reloaded the page, the new banner with the correct date appeared.
So that is the problem!

I was wondering why i see Aug 3 on my phone, but Aug 31 on pc. xD

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
I mostly read in the subreddits of topics, I'm interested in. Funnily enough, the Horror and Lovecraft subreddits are the most wholesome.

Yeah, I am a big fan of Lovecraft myself - weird Xenophobe that he was. The author and book subreddits are all very civil. The least civil are the video game and television show subreddits.

RIF

The forum performance is much better right now.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by fylimar
I mostly read in the subreddits of topics, I'm interested in. Funnily enough, the Horror and Lovecraft subreddits are the most wholesome.

Yeah, I am a big fan of Lovecraft myself - weird Xenophobe that he was. The author and book subreddits are all very civil. The least civil are the video game and television show subreddits.

RIF

The forum performance is much better right now.
I agree, the book reddits are very enjoyable in general.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
It all depends on the subreddit yes. There are plenty of great ones.
But go to the BG3 subreddit on any given day and sort by controversial, and you’ll find posts that simply shouldn’t be controversial.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lyelle

The forum performance is still perfect for me - fingers crossed it will stay that way.

Did the same thing and it also worked on my end.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
*Weeps*

After generally good performance for much of today, the forums are timing out for me again. I assume other folk are having problems too.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Yeah. It was fine a little while ago. Now it’s chugging.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
You just jinxed it. frown
See?
I told ya.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
*Weeps*

After generally good performance for much of today, the forums are timing out for me again. I assume other folk are having problems too.

Your assumption is correct.

I'll take the time to mention that there are easy ways to test individual internet connectivity, from the trusty old ping to simply taking samples of page refreshing on the tested site versus some other known site.
Once it has been established that local connectivity is fine, it gets a little trickier, as one could move on to a tracert to the forum's IP address and see where it fails, since the failure could be regional (in a wider-reaching network node) or at its source (i.e. the forum server).

And judging by the information we have so far... yes, the forums need software updating. Picking a good time for that is beyond me, but I'd suggest sooner rather than later.

If I've helped one person out there, my goal was achieved smile

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
addict
addict
*Weeps*

Yes, they worked fine for me until about 4:30 pm (16:30 h) UTC+2, then getting a lot worse. I had network timeouts around 5 pm (17:00 h) UTC+2, now it works again but is still extremely slow.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I have problems too

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Kendaric
*Weeps*

Yes, they worked fine for me until about 4:30 pm (16:30 h) UTC+2, then getting a lot worse. I had network timeouts around 5 pm (17:00 h) UTC+2, now it works again but is still extremely slow.

This really is the Ketheric Thorm of Slow Forum performance

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kendaric

It's been the same with me.

You just jinxed it. frown
See?
I told ya.
Yes, I shouldn't have said anything 😕

T
T
Gonna chime in the choir, forums performance reminds me of 1999 with dial up connection.

W
veteran
veteran
W
All of the sudden the forum remembered that it’s 2023 and not 2003 and is behaving like a normal website. Cool.

addict
addict
SWEEET, forums are moving at light speed right now for me.
Small victories lol

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard