Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Originally Posted by SoulfulAzrael
I would be calm about what Wolfheart says, from what I heard the guy has tendency to REALLY fanboy over this game and ban people for commenting anything critical about it (although I have not seen proof of that, but the way this guy talks about BG3 makes it... not that out of place). If there are 2000 npcs then I think it is in entire game. If it was just the city I feel like it would be very visible on screen. 2000 Npcs in the entire game and around half of them being interactable... again, in the entire game, that seems more reasonable and realistic.

I have no affiliation with the channel but my general stance is that of avoiding spreading that sort of rumours about someone.

Even if it were true, managing a forum or a Youtube channel isn't easy and sometimes actions are required. Did you hear it first hand from someone who was banned? Did that person explained exactly how it happened? I've already seen comments of people correcting him and he was taking that honestly and with humour. That's only what I've observed though.

Be that as it may, it has no relationship with the content. I'm not watching every video, but those I've watched were accurate.

Besides, as we said, the actual number doesn't matter as much as the order of magnitude. If you watch the video, you'll hear him say that he thinks it's 2000 but he isn't sure whether it's just in the city or in the whole world. I think that anyone would already be more than happy with the latter.

Originally Posted by Redglyph
I would be calm about what Wolfheart says, from what I heard the guy has tendency to REALLY fanboy over this game and ban people for commenting anything critical about it (although I have not seen proof of that, but the way this guy talks about BG3 makes it... not that out of place). If there are 2000 npcs then I think it is in entire game. If it was just the city I feel like it would be very visible on screen. 2000 Npcs in the entire game and around half of them being interactable... again, in the entire game, that seems more reasonable and realistic.

I have no affiliation with the channel but my general stance is that of avoiding spreading that sort of rumours about someone.

Even if it were true, managing a forum or a Youtube channel isn't easy and sometimes actions are required. Did you hear it first hand from someone who was banned? Did that person explained exactly how it happened? I've already seen comments of people correcting him and he was taking that honestly and with humour. That's only what I've observed though.

Be that as it may, it has no relationship with the content. I'm not watching every video, but those I've watched were accurate.

Besides, as we said, the actual number doesn't matter as much as the order of magnitude. If you watch the video, you'll hear him say that he thinks it's 2000 but he isn't sure whether it's just in the city or in the whole world. I think that anyone would already be more than happy with the latter.
True. I just prefer to be cautious. And while I would also be impressed and love the latter I do feel like with everything else going on like rewriting certain characters I feel like the 2000 NPCs in the entire game is most likely the true option. Better to not oversell your game in your mind and end up being disappointed, not saying this game will be disappointing by any means, I can tell it has great magnitude and a lot of work put behind it, but I feel like certain things people say about it can end up overhyping it too much.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Does Bless still target so badly as in EA?

Oh ... this. So much this.

In the same category :

When using a Sorcerer's Twinned Spell Metamagic, is it still the case that Attack Roll spells (e.g. Chromatic Orb) get a multi-target UI (like Magic Missile), and that debuff spells (e.g. Command, Hold Person) get an AoE targeting ?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by crashdaddy
Okay, definitely curious about this! Could you share with us the snippet of news about Daisy? Thanks for all the great answers so far

Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Who is Daisy, and what has she done to Hal?

"Daisy" is the nickname for the character we're asked to customise along with our protagonist as part of character creation.

I'm going to pop this bit in spoiler tags, though given everything I saw that was different was at character creation it's not something you'd need to wait long to discover once you play the game grin

In Early Access, after we created our character and were ready to venture forth, we were asked "Who do you dream of?" and were able to set the race and appearance of a second character in a floaty lilac robe.

In the build I saw at the event in Ghent, this was different. For my custom Tav at least, I was instead told "You need a guardian, choose one" and the character we could configure was dressed accordingly, in a slightly paladiny/crusadery way. I'm speculating that Larian have listened to folk who found the original Daisy disturbingly creepy and have reworked this interaction. Personally, I quite liked the creepiness, but freely admit it didn't work for all my planned protagonists, let alone all players, so I'm quite glad there seems to have been a bit of a rethink. Of course, it's anyone's guess what this means for the actual Daisy interactions in game, and as I only rested once and didn't dream (not even a "Where are you?" despite having used my illithid power to free SH from the pod), I have no insight to offer on that front.

We'll have to wait and see whether we're able to have a bit more control over the nature of the relationship with Daisy, or whether the relationship will still be the same for all but of a different kind. But still, I found it interesting that this change has been made, and I know that for some folk here at least that will be something of a relief.

EDIT Just updated to clarify this was only for a custom character. I'm not sure what happens for origins, and whether their Daisies might be specific individuals from their stories, such as Cazador for Astarion. I'm guessing the origin character "Daisy" dream sequences might be quite different, though that's speculation.

Damn I find this massively disappointing. I think it is an especially bad idea for Larian to throuw out this change with no warning to EA players on release. I really liked the seductress act and hope we can choose to keep the seductress option

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Scoonster49
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by crashdaddy
Okay, definitely curious about this! Could you share with us the snippet of news about Daisy? Thanks for all the great answers so far

Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Who is Daisy, and what has she done to Hal?

"Daisy" is the nickname for the character we're asked to customise along with our protagonist as part of character creation.

I'm going to pop this bit in spoiler tags, though given everything I saw that was different was at character creation it's not something you'd need to wait long to discover once you play the game grin

In Early Access, after we created our character and were ready to venture forth, we were asked "Who do you dream of?" and were able to set the race and appearance of a second character in a floaty lilac robe.

In the build I saw at the event in Ghent, this was different. For my custom Tav at least, I was instead told "You need a guardian, choose one" and the character we could configure was dressed accordingly, in a slightly paladiny/crusadery way. I'm speculating that Larian have listened to folk who found the original Daisy disturbingly creepy and have reworked this interaction. Personally, I quite liked the creepiness, but freely admit it didn't work for all my planned protagonists, let alone all players, so I'm quite glad there seems to have been a bit of a rethink. Of course, it's anyone's guess what this means for the actual Daisy interactions in game, and as I only rested once and didn't dream (not even a "Where are you?" despite having used my illithid power to free SH from the pod), I have no insight to offer on that front.

We'll have to wait and see whether we're able to have a bit more control over the nature of the relationship with Daisy, or whether the relationship will still be the same for all but of a different kind. But still, I found it interesting that this change has been made, and I know that for some folk here at least that will be something of a relief.

EDIT Just updated to clarify this was only for a custom character. I'm not sure what happens for origins, and whether their Daisies might be specific individuals from their stories, such as Cazador for Astarion. I'm guessing the origin character "Daisy" dream sequences might be quite different, though that's speculation.

Damn I find this massively disappointing. I think it is an especially bad idea for Larian to throuw out this change with no warning to EA players on release. I really liked the seductress act and hope we can choose to keep the seductress option

+1

enthusiast
enthusiast

Larian has said all along that there would be changes in the first act so even if you've played early access a ton there will be things that feel new to you.

What is it about the new implementation that you didn't like when you played through it?

journeyman
journeyman
I get there would be changes bug a big story change like that on something that has been there since the beginning with no warnings just sucks.

I don't have any issues on what I have played through in EA. It's according to the mod The Red Queen they are drastically changing that character. Taking them in a new direction that I find disappointing,
I like the whole seductress in your head bit and think a boring "protector" is just well boring

Last edited by Scoonster49; 11/07/23 11:24 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
I like how people are bringing up Daisy when I havent seen her once in 100s of hours of ea.

Why yall let a tadpole eat your brain ill never understand.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
I like how people are bringing up Daisy when I havent seen her once in 100s of hours of ea.

Why yall let a tadpole eat your brain ill never understand.

Hey you got your kinks and I got mine shadowheartgiggle

enthusiast
enthusiast
I get there would be changes bug a big story change like that on something that has been there since the beginning with no warnings just sucks.

I don't have any issues on what I have played through in EA. It's according to the mod The Red Queen they are drastically changing that character. Taking them in a new direction that I find disappointing,
I like the whole seductress in your head bit and think a boring "protector" is just well boring

Why does it suck?
Larian has been iterating the story throughout the development process.

I'm asking what were your impressions when you played through the new version that replaced "Daisy"?

Last edited by Alodar; 12/07/23 12:22 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Alodar

Why does it suck?
Larian has been iterating the story throughout the development process.

I'm asking what were your impressions when you played through the new version that replaced "Daisy"?

Again the new version of Daisy hasn't been released yet. This is from the mod The Red Queen plus Fextralife's video.

Why am I not allowed to dislike a change to a story element that has been there since the initial release? I really like the way the character is now.
I found the idea of "romancing" Daisy as really interesting and now the new version looks to be dull to me

enthusiast
enthusiast
Again the new version of Daisy hasn't been released yet. This is from the mod The Red Queen plus Fextralife's video.

If you haven't played through the new version yet then how do you know you don't like it better?

journeyman
journeyman
Because the basic idea of the character now is cool with lot's of possibilities while the basic idea of the new version is boring to me. If you want some essay on my likes and dislikes and how I evaluate what I do and do not like I hate to break it to you but that ain't happening

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Lake Plisko
Early reviews from influencers and stuff are coming in. Seems almost unanimous that they think this game is going to crush even games like Starfield. Sounds like people were incredibly impressed by what they got to spend time with.

So that is really encouraging!

Despite some of the concerns that I have about the game I an psyched.

Starfield doesn't look that good, it has the same problems fo4 did, uncanny doll faces and bodies, going to be really hard to get immersed.

Also doesn't look like there's much combat build variety.

Good chance it will have the nomans sky syndrome of a bunch of dead worlds.

Only one waifu.

Its probably going to crash.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Because the basic idea of the character now is cool with lot's of possibilities while the basic idea of the new version is boring to me. If you want some essay on my likes and dislikes and how I evaluate what I do and do not like I hate to break it to you but that ain't happening

What I'm trying to point out is that you know practically nothing about the new version.
Based on a single line there is no way to determine if it's boring regardless of your likes and dislikes.

Snap judgements based off of little to no information don't lead to good conclusions.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Alodar

What I'm trying to point out is that you know practically nothing about the new version.
Based on a single line there is no way to determine if it's boring regardless of your likes and dislikes.

Snap judgements based off of little to no information don't lead to good conclusions.

Ok I have played the game so far seen the way the character is now. They then decide to take the part of the character I like and remove it. It doesn't take some great leap of logic to determine if the part of a character someone views as the coolest part is removed it can hurt their enjoyment of a character.

EDIT: The part of the character that has intrigued me throughout early access and I have been excited to see explored more has been removed. What ever the new version is like I don't need to see it to know I will be disappointed with what they took out

Part of my argument is also that this change shouldn't be a surprise. Now I have time to reflect on my disappointment it won't taint my experience as much when I first boot up the release game and find the parts I liked about that character removed right then

Last edited by Scoonster49; 12/07/23 01:11 AM.
veteran
veteran
Truthfully I think the daisy change is probably going to e for the best. A seducer is pretty cliche and we all know what to expect from them. By contrast I believe if you genuinely consider what your character would seek out in a protector, that can open up interesting new angles and realisations about them. what your character finds sexy is pretty surface level. Creating the character your character would feel protected by is something else, something new. Maybe it's just because the idea of "seduction" and being seduced has always been less than desirable for me and doesn't tend to have the desired effect on me for various reasons, so I never felt that daisy was anything other than a blunt and transparent temptation towards self destruction.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Redglyph
The "1000+ NPC" was mentioned in Community Update #19:

Our latest trailer gives you a sense of that scale, showing rolling vistas of grand buildings that recede into the horizon, boisterous docks with harbours thick with ships, and lively town centres populated with over a thousand individual characters.

WolfheartFPS mentioned 2000 and (I think) that half were interactable, even if it was only a simple phrase. I'm not sure where this was coming from, perhaps from something that was said at Ghent?

Either way, it gives an order of magnitude. Both values are big enough.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to report all that to us, The Red Queen!
I commented critically under some WolfHearts BG3 videos and he gave me Likes, same with others. I don't think, he has problem with criticism, he even voiced some himself in the past. I never saw someone banned. I like his content, especially the DnD lore videos.

Last edited by fylimar; 12/07/23 05:49 AM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Me too ...
I watch Wolf for last two years and the only Bans i know about is 1min top temporary bans he sometimes give people who donate too much or too often during stream... but there is no bad blood, its more like ongoing joke on that channel.

What you describe fits to other youtuber ... but it would be probably best to not give names ... lets just say he cover lots of Cyberpunk along with BG-3.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
I
old hand
old hand
I
I guess you couldn't see if dragonborn follow Fizban rules like being able to use their breath weapon as part of a multiattack if they have one. Or it being useable proficency bonus times a day/between rests.

Last edited by Ixal; 12/07/23 07:56 AM.
Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard