Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
old hand
old hand
B
Don't know if this is relevant here but I just came across this in the latest Community Update.

"Completing the trinity of villains in Baldur’s Gate 3 is Orin, a practitioner in the art of inflicting pain and a grandmaster of murder. Orin has killed for many years, but has yet to be caught, thanks in part to her shapeshifting abilities, which enable her to take the form of anyone – perhaps even someone in your camp.

She hides her cravings to commit murder beneath these numerous masks, disguising her intentions and herself to lure unsuspecting victims. It’s during the act of murder that she is her truest self. At that moment she is murder."

Maybe she shape-shifted to a tadpole.

Or maybe not.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Beechams
Don't know if this is relevant here but I just came across this in the latest Community Update.

"Completing the trinity of villains in Baldur’s Gate 3 is Orin, a practitioner in the art of inflicting pain and a grandmaster of murder. Orin has killed for many years, but has yet to be caught, thanks in part to her shapeshifting abilities, which enable her to take the form of anyone – perhaps even someone in your camp.

She hides her cravings to commit murder beneath these numerous masks, disguising her intentions and herself to lure unsuspecting victims. It’s during the act of murder that she is her truest self. At that moment she is murder."

Maybe she shape-shifted to a tadpole.

Or maybe not.

Yea I saw that as well, NICE

Pretty stoked, for the story not the panties on my character inventory smile

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
stranger
stranger
Is this new "Daisy" still customizable (gender,appearance,name...) ?

“Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so.
You're entirely Bonkers.
But I will tell you a secret,
All the best people are.”
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Kalyna
Is this new "Daisy" still customizable (gender,appearance,name...) ?

Gender, race and appearance yes. We weren't able to give Daisy a name in EA and I didn't see an option to give one in the full release either, but as I keep saying that doesn't prove anything as there was loads I missed in my hurry!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
stranger
stranger
Thanks for the answer =)

“Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so.
You're entirely Bonkers.
But I will tell you a secret,
All the best people are.”
addict
addict
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I'm assuming that we'll still (potentially) have contact with them in the first 30 hours, just not IRL.

But I am in full agreement that we could do with some sort of guidance to help us create a character that will work for our playthrough, and to understand our options. For example, if I headcanon my PC as having a pre-existing romantic partner or a sibling or other family member, could Daisy play that role or will they need to be a stranger?

Yah, this is my main concern. Daisy was simple enough. Design your character's ideal romantic partner. It took a little thought but it was straight forward.

They absolutely need to be clear what sort of relationship this Guardian person is to you. Imagine if all they give you to go on is "Choose your protector" and someone reasonably decides to make their character's father or elder sibling, only to actually meet the person and have the game drop them into a sexually charged moment. It'd be incredibly awkward.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
I'm assuming that we'll still (potentially) have contact with them in the first 30 hours, just not IRL.

But I am in full agreement that we could do with some sort of guidance to help us create a character that will work for our playthrough, and to understand our options. For example, if I headcanon my PC as having a pre-existing romantic partner or a sibling or other family member, could Daisy play that role or will they need to be a stranger?

Yah, this is my main concern. Daisy was simple enough. Design your character's ideal romantic partner. It took a little thought but it was straight forward.

They absolutely need to be clear what sort of relationship this Guardian person is to you. Imagine if all they give you to go on is "Choose your protector" and someone reasonably decides to make their character's father or elder sibling, only to actually meet the person and have the game drop them into a sexually charged moment. It'd be incredibly awkward.
The technical terms are "Mommy" and "Daddy"

Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I really hope they give more context when we're at the character creation screen, because as of right now I have no idea what I'm supposed to be making when it comes to this Guardian thing.

I think part of my problem with the whole Daisy/Guardian/whatever they're supposed to be, is that I'm making a pre-game choice in what they look like, when I have no concept of what they really represent, and if it's not until 30 hours in that I actually meet this person, all that time i've been forgetting about them, I have to wonder if 'building trust' as Larian puts it is going to be that much more difficult, and I won't just end up not caring about this person who's obviously supposed to be super important.
Reminds me of a girl I once knew who had one eye closed all the time with a weird tattoo on it and wanted to sell my a car or something that turned out to be a horse. I think her name started on M and ended no -elina.

C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Doomlord
Orin has killed for many years, but has yet to be caught, thanks in part to her shapeshifting abilities, which enable her to take the form of anyone – perhaps even someone in your camp.

My reaction as well. Every new piece of story info we get adds another layer of complexity, and all those layers offer multiple ways characters of different persuasions could relate to them. The potential is huge, and the anticipation is huge, so the potential for let-down is huge. Given the high quality of EA, the positive reactions from attendees of the last PFH, I think the likelihood of let-down is low. But given the anticipation, let-down would be awful.

I really liked the ish ambiguity in EA... "who do you dream of", the way you and Daisy interact in the dreams, etc. It was just ambiguous enough to be intriguing. My initial reaction to your "need to be clear" was "no! That ambiguity was great!" but the examples you give are spot on.

old hand
old hand

"This includes in your relationship to your Guardian – the character you create at the start of the game who represents all that you desire. The Guardian has changed significantly since you first encountered them in your dreams throughout Early Access. We’ve worked to thematically deepen this narrative thread, going beyond the realm of physical desire to encompass the full spectrum of complex emotions that must be navigated in order for you to truly trust another. (We hope you enjoyed the previous maddeningly vague sentence, because you’ll have to play for yourself to find out what any of it means.)"

I think you can take your relationship with your Guardian in multiple different direction doesn't have to be sexual, although given your guardian is still your desires, it can still be sexual.

Its still a mystery who the Guardian is, a protector against turning into a mindflayer, yes, but also the embodiment of the protaganists desires, and now a physical being we meet in Act too. And Daisy doesn't seem directly related to gaining tadpole powers anymore, that's a seperate progression system now.

Whoever or whatever Daisy is, I'm leaning towards an Avatar of a God, a semi independant one like Fizban or Tchazzar because to lockdown and control all these tadpoles, he/they/she has to be extremely powerful. Or Zariel who has the power to shapeshift, is an Archdevil, but used to protect the innocent as a Solar, an Angel, a Guardian of sorts.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by colinl8
Originally Posted by Doomlord
Orin has killed for many years, but has yet to be caught, thanks in part to her shapeshifting abilities, which enable her to take the form of anyone – perhaps even someone in your camp.

My reaction as well. Every new piece of story info we get adds another layer of complexity, and all those layers offer multiple ways characters of different persuasions could relate to them. The potential is huge, and the anticipation is huge, so the potential for let-down is huge. Given the high quality of EA, the positive reactions from attendees of the last PFH, I think the likelihood of let-down is low. But given the anticipation, let-down would be awful.

I really liked the ish ambiguity in EA... "who do you dream of", the way you and Daisy interact in the dreams, etc. It was just ambiguous enough to be intriguing. My initial reaction to your "need to be clear" was "no! That ambiguity was great!" but the examples you give are spot on.

Same here I liked the mysterousness of the character before. Calling them "The Guardian" is too definite especially if that is Larian's official name for them not just what they claim

veteran
veteran
We shouldn't be defining this character based on looks. We should be being asked what our character values, etc, what they want out of life and using those to define the guardian's character.

S
veteran
veteran
S
If this is an actual change i would be disappointed.
It would be cowardly and it would be unlike larian given their previous games.

Also teasing you with your perfect lover is *exactly* how either an illithid tadpole or some evil god would manipulate you.

Last edited by Sordak; 13/07/23 10:02 AM.
F
addict
addict
F

Not if the main character is a dwarf. I didn't see an option to make Daisy an axe, gold or a giant ale barrel.

Lore-wise, it's only really humans who are obsessed with sex (since bonobo isn't a playable race).

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 13/07/23 10:28 AM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
For your delight and delectation:

NPC as Daisy
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/374

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard