Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by Ixal
Larian removing the headstart might be enough for Steam to issue refunds as they devalued the preorder.

I guess if anyone definitely doesn't want to play the game any more for some reason then they could give that a try and see if it works, though given that the free upgrade to Digital Deluxe edition for EA players (which included the 72h early access to Act 1) was announced as part of the announcement of the release date as 31 August and it's now 3 August it might be a hard case to make.

Not that I'll be trying, as there's no way I'm giving up my copy and anyway the extra goodies like the digital art book always seemed the main draw of the edition to me. I don't care about getting to start playing before anyone else, and I'd not want Larian to rush the game to me if it meant that there were more problems and risk to the release.

This exactly. I'm glad, we get the game sooner, and I don't care, if I get it before others or not.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
B
stranger
stranger
B
Is there any info out there regarding the camp scenes and long rests? Has maybe one content creator from the PFH event talked about it?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Do we have a Larian source on respecing Origin companions starting class? I couldn't see it above.
Only Fextralife trying the press build, so far. But I have no reasons to think they gave him a faulty version of the game and they will remove the feature later.

Didn't he say that it wasn't confirmed that the feature would be in the full release? There was something like that somewhere that made me think he'd heard that something might be changed. But I'm forgetting what I've heard where about what. Not that this particular thing about changing origin companion classes bothers me, exactly, as I can presumably just ignore it. Though like you I do find it puzzling.

And, as you say, even more so the hirelings. At the event in Ghent, iirc (and I may not!) Swen mentioned using them to create, eg, a party of four barbarians. But if they come with a class already specified, does that mean we then need to immediately respec them from level 0? Or can we not make our four barbarian party with three hirelings?

I'm definitely perplexed and keen to hear more.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Buri
Is there any info out there regarding the camp scenes and long rests? Has maybe one content creator from the PFH event talked about it?

Are you talking about some camp conversations being tied to rests? When I played I did observe some changes to that. Let me find a link to where I posted about it.

EDIT: Here's one post where I talked about what I observed of (previously) camp conversations when I played the full game on Friday last week. I'm pretty sure there was another earlier in the thread as well, but I think it just said more or less the same. I saw so little it's not conclusive, but I'm cautiously optimistic given there's at least some good evidence that Larian have listened to feedback.

Last edited by The Red Queen; 12/07/23 09:37 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Do we have a Larian source on respecing Origin companions starting class? I couldn't see it above.
Only Fextralife trying the press build, so far. But I have no reasons to think they gave him a faulty version of the game and they will remove the feature later.

Didn't he say that it wasn't confirmed that the feature would be in the full release? There was something like that somewhere that made me think he'd heard that something might be changed. But I'm forgetting what I've heard where about what. Not that this particular thing about changing origin companion classes bothers me, exactly, as I can presumably just ignore it. Though like you I do find it puzzling.

And, as you say, even more so the hirelings. At the event in Ghent, iirc (and I may not!) Swen mentioned using them to create, eg, a party of four barbarians. But if they come with a class already specified, does that mean we then need to immediately respec them from level 0? Or can we not make our four barbarian party with three hirelings?

I'm definitely perplexed and keen to hear more.

The thing Fextralife was unsure about was if the origin companions will have parts of their dialogue removed when you change their class.

The current implementation of hirelings and respec looks very unfinished and not well thought out. The only reasons I can think of why it is like this are
1. Respec was never intended, especially not to this degree to fully respec origin characters. Thats why they made 1 hireling for every class first
2. The hirelings were not intended to be completely silent or even be (mini) companions, but that got scrapped but you ended up with 12 high quality models and no time to make a complete hireling character creation

And that is not the only part where things in BG3 do not seem to fit together which is why I am now highly sceptical of preorders and spending money for an unseen product.

Last edited by Ixal; 12/07/23 09:16 PM.
veteran
veteran
So far so good. Think I won't be visiting the forums for a while, too much BG3 in my life lately... I am kinda scared to overload myself with this game and lower my levels of interest in it. See you folks closer to the release. Be friends with each other. Peace. Out. galehearteyes

Each level, you'll have the option to choose a different class to spend points on and begin building a bespoke Multiclass character.

What about this? In the past days there has been some panic around multiclassing, up to thinking that a fighter 11 / wizard 1 would be able to cast 6th level spells. Now they are talking about distributing points when you multiclass, but we know that there is not much to "distribute" in 5e.

I'm thinking that they are baking up some kind of alternative multiclass that could actually make sense. Maybe when a PC multiclass will level up both classes but have to choose mutually exclusive features from each.

I hate that we still have no details about mechanics and have to live on hearsays.

... because it's fun!
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Extremely disappointing how crappy humans are now... seriously lame to not include variant just because you want to incentivize other races.

addict
addict
Am curious about the lady behind Jaheira… who dat?

Originally Posted by Zeltak
Extremely disappointing how crappy humans are now... seriously lame to not include variant just because you want to incentivize other races.

Agree. I mean, I understand but not agree with stripping the human from his free feat, but the 20 lbs load is just a mockery.

... because it's fun!
veteran
veteran
You are late on informations players are waiting for biggrin
Will we really be able to change origin companions class ?
Will we really be able to cast fireball + guardian spirit + ... if we are a level 1 fighter / 1 druid / 1 cleric / 1 wizard / 1 bard ?

Thanks for clarifying the 72 hours things though !Now I know that I will NOT be able to enjoy 1.0 while my wife and childrens are not at home wyllcry

Last edited by Maximuuus; 12/07/23 09:36 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alodar
Hopefully we'll still be able to launch multiple instances of the game and create our own Multiplayer game to create custom parties.
That shouldnt be a problem, acording to (feel free to corect me if im wrong) what Red Queen have seen on Larian life presentation.
If i remember corectly, Swen just took another controller and created another character on fly.

There is different problem tho ... at least for me.
In EA, PC characters tend to steal our companions spotlight ... i played several times with 3 Custom characters and one Origin Follower ... and i could swear that at least 3/4 dialogues that i was trying to trigger for them never happened.
Instead our pseudo PC characters started some weird dialogue, where each of them state their mind, and the initiator then either stated they agree, or decided that they just dont and there is no point in debating futher.

Such playtrough experience was quite poor ...
Bcs when i took Gale with me for example, then instead of having all his triggers and dialogues ... well, triggered ... bcs i was curious about his Romance ...
I didnt get even to that part where he asks for your trust and first magical artefacts, bcs all his dialogue triggers, where i could gather some reputation was owerwritten by my PC characters wich had no story, and basicaly also nothing to say really. :-/

I remember one dialogue that happened after you meet Sazza:
PC A: Do we want to trust this Goblin Priest?
PC B: Yes. (just paraphrasing, surely there was whole sentence but this was the point she was making)
PC C: No. (just paraphrasing, surely there was whole sentence but this was the point she was making)
PC A: No point in arguing any futher ... we will see what is this about.

And that was it.
It felt even stupider, since i was the one who picked all 3 choices ...
So i just argued with myself, then i dismissed myself, and ignored my own complaints. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I've been trying to figure out the submarine 14 seconds into the new trailer. Where might that be I wonder.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sansang2
Originally Posted by Zeltak

Agree. I mean, I understand but not agree with stripping the human from his free feat, but the 20 lbs load is just a mockery.

So what’s this about a 20 lbs load? I didn’t see it posted anywhere…?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Ixal
Didn't he say that it wasn't confirmed that the feature would be in the full release?

The thing Fextralife was unsure about was if the origin companions will have parts of their dialogue removed when you change their class.

Ah, okay. Thanks! I'll clearly need to watch again smile

Originally Posted by Sansang2
I'm thinking that they are baking up some kind of alternative multiclass that could actually make sense. Maybe when a PC multiclass will level up both classes but have to choose mutually exclusive features from each. I hate that we still have no details about mechanics and have to live on hearsays.

Yes! I so much want some more details about how multiclassing will differ from 5e. Hopefully we'll get some clarity soon.

apprentice
apprentice
Now I have only one question will be there preload, or it will take almost a day more to only download game.

Now that I think of it when we say the screen of jaheria multiclassed it didn't say "druid 6 / sorcerer 1", but just "6 druid /sorcerer". Isn't this akin to human double classing in 2ed? I'm not sure, I know little to nothing about that ed.

... because it's fun!
veteran
veteran
Dual classing would set you old class to inactive until you'd level up with your new class past it. It's not leveling them up simultaneously.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Alodar
Hopefully we'll still be able to launch multiple instances of the game and create our own Multiplayer game to create custom parties.
That shouldnt be a problem, acording to (feel free to corect me if im wrong) what Red Queen have seen on Larian life presentation.
If i remember corectly, Swen just took another controller and created another character on fly.

Yes, in the presentation I saw, Swen swapped into split screen coop and created a second custom character on the fly (this capability is mentioned in the update) and then when the second player left the game their custom character was still there in the party of the first. But I am not sure that was actually meant to happen, or that it would happen on release. Swen actually reloaded to before he'd created the character. So I'd say this might be a possible workaround for completely custom characters, but we shouldn't be totally confident.

C
addict
addict
C
How much of this drip drip drip of info is intentional marketing to keeps us chomping at the bit until release?

Do you think they're going to drop a couple more updates in the next three weeks just to keep this level of interest up?

Every update always means a flurry of articles and tweats, and anybody with a passing interest in computer games and/or tabletop games will have Google news, Twitter, etc. making sure the words "Baldur's Gate 3" interact with their eyeballs a dozen times between now and the 6th.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard