I don't care much either way, I feel like the companion classes are an important part of their identity so I won't be changing them if given the option, but it doesn't bother me at all that some players might do it in their games.

Originally Posted by Tuco
I don't like it, I don't want it. There can be such a thing as "too much freedom" when it comes to setting rules for a game.
I don't like it because it removes any thematical consistency.
I don't like it because it removes gravitas from a character.

And as I already said elsewhere "If you don't like don't use" is a great principle applied to your collection of sex toys but absolute garbage when applied to game design.

I could agree with this argument if we were talking about an intrusive system that actively hindered gameplay (e.g., a game with an overcomplicated crafting system that becomes significantly more difficult if I don't engage with said system), this is not the case, you'd have to purposefully go out of your way in order to change something that you claim you don't want to change. It's really as easy as not doing something the game doesn't push you towards and you don't want to do.

Last edited by KLSLS; 13/07/23 01:09 PM.