Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
First of all, there is no choice here ...
You dont choose for Lae'zel to be Fighter, for Astarion to be Rogue, or for Karlach to be Barbarian.
Those choices were made for you ... and to be completely honest, i picked theese specificly, bcs those choices seems to be a little random.
As stated in other topic, Astarion should have ben a Bard.
But that's exactly the thing. There IS a choice, only it's not you making it - it's the writers. To say Astarion should've been a Bard is looking at it from the opposite direction imo, because the choice to make him a Rogue was deliberate. Him being a Rogue has expressive power. It evokes the imagery of an agile and skillful predator, tailing his prey down a dark side alley or worming his way into the good graces of unsuspecting nobles with his sharp wit. Nothing about Astarion evokes musicality or magic.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Anyway, the point is that if you feel like Commitment to a choice is important for you ... there is nothing in this world and beyond, that would stop you to just respect their classes.
You reset it ... they get to level 1 blank slate ... first thing you pick is their class.
You have what you wanted ... dont you?
That's the thing - I don't. With the removal of commitment, it becomes as you write - Astarion can be anything. His class is demoted from an integral component of his character to a mere suggestion. I dare say this is intuitive to any enthusiast of ttrpgs or video games based on them (like, say, Baldur's Gate). One's class isn't just their set of skills to be changed like clothing; it's their life.

The question remains - is it worth sacrificing character integrity to slightly better accommodate more casual audiences who don't care as much? As someone who cares, my answer is no.