Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I thought it was forbidden to record. O_o

It was forbidden for attendees to record at the event, though I guess there might have been some exemptions. But I'm aware Larian have also shared some footage for folk to use to create content after the event so I suspect we might get to see some more stuff from the new release from streamers over the coming days as a result.

(I've not seen the recorded footage so I'm as keen as everyone else to see what people show!)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
On the topic of crazy items, let's remember that BG2 had a bunch of belts that set strength from 19 to 22 (or was it 23?) and a hammer that set strength to 25 and a pair of gloves that set dex to 18 and a ring obtained within minutes of leaving the tutorial dungeon that set charisma to 18. Also a fancy staff that gave invisibility to the wielder, a cloak that dumped offensive targeted spells right back at the caster, a shield that reflected arrows back at the caster, and a +3 flail with three additional elemental damage rolls and slow. Oh, and a mace of disruption that gave immunity to vampire fuckery and caused save or die for all undead, and a special anti-undead +4 sword with a once per rest AoE save or die spell.

If there's only a mere 9 legendary items in the game then I'm thinking Larian probably toned it down a notch.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Fextralife apparently got to play more as a press thing. And yes he does have recorded content from the event, as seen with new wyll stuff.

it looks like mizzora curses him pretty early if he doesnt kill karlach and gives him horns

Really of you are going good wyll it'd probably makes story sense to reclass home before act 1 is even over

Aww dang it its still a tadpole check to free shadow on the ship. Imma have to start with a barb so I can be the perfect shadow husbando without a tadpole check

Last edited by N7Greenfire; 13/07/23 06:55 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
1:11
Not only does Wyll have a new story, he even has a new VA.

Damn, even if Wyll's character and story had some flaws, I don't think the VA was one of them and I really liked it. I'm sure the new VA will be good, but it will take some time getting accustomed...

C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by KLSLS
1:11
Not only does Wyll have a new story, he even has a new VA.

Damn, even if Wyll's character and story had some flaws, I don't think the VA was one of them and I really liked it. I'm sure the new VA will be good, but it will take some time getting accustomed...

This is disappointing. Definitely will take some getting used to. I really liked his voice, and thought it was well performed

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I thought Wyll came across really well when I met him very very briefly when I got to play the new version. He did sound different, but not enough for me to think it was a new VA and not the old one putting in a different performance, at least not given I'd not played EA for a while in the runup. So it's interesting to hear it's someone different, but I don't think we'll find it too jarring!

(I'll admit I did have my doubts about the old performance, but in the end had concluded that my main problem was with Wyll's animation rather than the VA. Fortunately his animation looked much better as well!)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
N
old hand
old hand
N
Ok yeah wylls new intro is pretty good.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by The Red Queen

I thought Wyll came across really well when I met him very very briefly when I got to play the new version. He did sound different, but not enough for me to think it was a new VA and not the old one putting in a different performance, at least not given I'd not played EA for a while in the runup. So it's interesting to hear it's someone different, but I don't think we'll find it too jarring!

(I'll admit I did have my doubts about the old performance, but in the end had concluded that my main problem was with Wyll's animation rather than the VA. Fortunately his animation looked much better as well!)

Can you describe how he is different from before if you noticed anything? He is the one origin companion I’m planning on playing, so I’m pretty interested in his changes.

veteran
veteran
So ...
But i have noticed something different!
The scene plays exactly the same! O_o

I thought we were promised completely new one, as we were complaining about him attacking us ...
Anyone remembering this?

No actually. I don't remember anyone mentioning anything about reworking that scene.

Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Really of you are going good wyll it'd probably makes story sense to reclass home before act 1 is even over

Not really, since according to lore and mechanics, warlock patrons actually can't take away the power a warlock has been granted. They can perhaps punish them in other ways, but once the warlock has the power, it's theirs unless it was established otherwise between player and GM. But by default, Mizora can't take his powers.

veteran
veteran
I'm a bit surprised about the va change for Wyll too. The first one did a good job imo.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by fylimar
I'm a bit surprised about the va change for Wyll too. The first one did a good job imo.

The original VA may not have been available when they wanted to record lines for the new story

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
So ...

I thought we were promised completely new one, as we were complaining about him attacking us ...
Anyone remembering this?

No actually. I don't remember anyone mentioning anything about reworking that scene.

Not really, since according to lore and mechanics, warlock patrons actually can't take away the power a warlock has been granted. They can perhaps punish them in other ways, but once the warlock has the power, it's theirs unless it was established otherwise between player and GM. But by default, Mizora can't take his powers.
If your patron is literally cursing you though your probably going to want to cut off contact with them as much as possible, not bind yourself deeper

enthusiast
enthusiast
So ...

Anyone remembering this?

If your patron is literally cursing you though your probably going to want to cut off contact with them as much as possible, not bind yourself deeper

Unless being transformed into a demon is something you fear terribly, because you want to be (or at least be thought of as) a courageous hero.

Last edited by Eagle Pursuit; 13/07/23 07:59 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
So ...

Anyone remembering this?

Unless being transformed into a demon is something you fear terribly, because you want to be (or at least be thought of as) a courageous hero.
That ship sails immediately though as he gets a honking pair of devil horns

F
addict
addict
F
I don't think you can just tear up a pact. Wyll's made a pact with a fiend, as he reneges on the deal he could find himself moving closer to, and physically resembling more, his end fate - an enslaved devil soul.

N
old hand
old hand
N
ok what was that giant dead god skeleton the guardian showed a battle at i feel like ive heard of it before but cant remeber

As a side note the guardian actually feels seductive. I want to believe she will lead me on some grand heros journey.

veteran
veteran
Fex seems to think that Larian's next game will be Divinity 3 - I don't see it. D&D is a gold mine for them.

Blackheifer
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Fex seems to think that Larian's next game will be Divinity 3 - I don't see it. D&D is a gold mine for them.
Fex seems to think Seen got non interference from wotc in writting and generally seems to thing Wotc will try to duck things up.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Not saying no to Divinity 3, but more DND would be way more fun for me because I find Rivellon a bit one-note, surface-level, and boring when it comes to worldbuilding.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Not saying no to Divinity 3, but more DND would be way more fun for me because I find Rivellon a bit one-note, surface-level, and boring when it comes to worldbuilding.
Whatever the next project is, it will be interesting to see how much they learned through the BG3 and apply to new efforts. Especially wrt early access. Did they see enough value in that they'd want to do another extended EA, or was it more hassle than it was worth?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard