Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
I guess I get why the oathbreaker is a hidden subclass.

You start the game with zero xp. You're first level.

How did you break your oath already?

It's like, man I was super drunk when I took that oath. I don't know what I was thinking.

Originally Posted by JandK
You start the game with zero xp. You're first level.

It is also possible that not only the Dark Urge lacks some memories, but also Tav.
D.U. :
The DU just thought they where a Oathknight, but the impulses are too difficulty to overcome.

Tav:
Already broke the Oath before the start. The Tadpole that weakens them made them forget and the conviction that the oath is still there is what gives power (maybe with tadpole help). But since you played someone who has already fallen, your lie - even to yourself- is quickly exposed when you loose patience just once.

veteran
veteran
Yeah but before level 2? Lacking memory doesn't account for lack of experience. It's like the paladin in question has literally never been in a fight...maybe he just naffed around a temple or something and then decided to kill an innocent or something. It would be an awfully tortured way to try to explain how a level 1 paladin is already an oath breaker.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by snowram
I would argue that the price to get back into your god good graces is already very cheap. You can decimate an entiere town and just pay some gold, and bam you are redeemed.
Larian really nailed the essence of divine dogma here.

Funny that BG3 is so incredibly ambitious in many things, making sure the world reacts correctly to your PC and such... and then then suddenly something nonsensical like this. Kind of completely undermines the immersion they spent so much effort for elsewhere.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
Before the game stared ofcourse ...
You noticed your character is at least 18y old right? Thats plently of time. smile

Details are not important, they can be each Oathbreaker own head-canon ...
But when i create character that will have Elderly look, like lets say 50-60y old Holy Warrior ... who spend his whole life, meaning at least 30-40y upholding his Oath od Devotion (bcs that will be the one i pick) ...
And then this person will come to First friendly NPC he meet ...
Tiefling siblings, and just murder them without a single word ... bcs i DO want to play Oathbreaker ... will that feel good? It doesnt to me.

Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Yeah but before level 2?

It would be an awfully tortured way to try to explain how a level 1 paladin is already an oath breaker.
You picking your Oath right at character creation ... meaning you made it somewhere in the past.
Unless you wish to tell me your Paladin sworn an Oath to Divine being while being captured unconcious in Mind Flayer pod. :P wink

Same rule apply to its breaking ...
You just did that before they kidnapped you ... was that an hour, weak, month, year, ten years, hundert years (only aplicable to some races) ... not important.

The important thing is you can be exactly the asshole you want since the beginning! smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard