Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Ok, i try one last time ... focus please.

*How co create Oathbreaker Paladin by Larian studios*
Step 1: Create a Paladin.
Step 2: Play as such Paladin.
Step 3: Break your oath at first possible moment, most likely by killing some civilian.

Why is this immersion breaking?
Bcs as you start your game, you are character that contradicts himself ... your oath is to protect the inocents ... but your intention is to kill inocents.
> Such character concept just dont make sense!

There is nothing wrong in that you *can* break your oath during the game ... having this possibility is good!
Could be executed a lot better tho, but thats not the point here.

What is wrong is that you cant play an Paladin who broke his oath day/week/month/year/decade/"feels like lifetime" ago ... before Nautiloid.
If you would start as Oathbreaker, your Paladin character can be an asshole ... evil as you want, cruel as you want, greedy as you want ... you name it, it dont matter, you can be whatever you want, bcs Oathbreaker is not limited by his Oath ... they can be whatever the hells they want.

If you dont, your Paladin character is a person who uphold his Oath ... and s/he did until now, it defines what they are ... and then at first chance, you break it.
How does that make any sense?
What is that so often mentioned "narrative" behind this?

I agree, I like that the oathbreaking mechanic exists, but if I want to play an oathbreaker paladin, I'll often want to get the subclass as soon as possible. From a roleplay perspective, a good opportunity in which I might actually be tempted to break an oath could take many hours to come across, so the game kind of forces me to make an out of character decision in order to play the subclass that I want without delay. This problem is solved if we can pick the oathbreaker subclass during character creation, which I hope we will be able to do in the release version.