Originally Posted by JandK
How did you break your oath already?
Before the game stared ofcourse ...
You noticed your character is at least 18y old right? Thats plently of time. smile

Details are not important, they can be each Oathbreaker own head-canon ...
But when i create character that will have Elderly look, like lets say 50-60y old Holy Warrior ... who spend his whole life, meaning at least 30-40y upholding his Oath od Devotion (bcs that will be the one i pick) ...
And then this person will come to First friendly NPC he meet ...
Tiefling siblings, and just murder them without a single word ... bcs i DO want to play Oathbreaker ... will that feel good? It doesnt to me.

Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Yeah but before level 2?

It would be an awfully tortured way to try to explain how a level 1 paladin is already an oath breaker.
You picking your Oath right at character creation ... meaning you made it somewhere in the past.
Unless you wish to tell me your Paladin sworn an Oath to Divine being while being captured unconcious in Mind Flayer pod. :P wink

Same rule apply to its breaking ...
You just did that before they kidnapped you ... was that an hour, weak, month, year, ten years, hundert years (only aplicable to some races) ... not important.

The important thing is you can be exactly the asshole you want since the beginning! smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown