Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#863317 15/07/23 07:47 PM
OP Offline
I went through the list of things that could be the problem but none of the listed ways to fix it have turned up to fix it, like checked the version , and it didn't have any Patch#_HF#.pak files other then patch 9 ones. Didn't find any _alteredFiles.txt. Matter of fact didn't find a cache folder at all. And I have never used any mods in this game ever. The game plays fine , but i get the Data mismatch error message every time. How do I fix that? I use gog galaxy. I have ad this issue for a while now like I think since patch 6 or 7 or so, but because it didn't hinder gameplay I never addressed it til now, and wanted to before launch day. I should maybe mention in case this is an issue. I don't start the game from the icon on screen gog galaxy gives me, I have larilauncher have a shortcut to it instead that I made. I don't think that is an issue, but mention it just in case.

Also is there a way to get a physical copy like discs. I am willing to pay for the cost of the materials and shipping.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a blessed day.

Last edited by soulstalker; 15/07/23 07:53 PM.
veteran
veteran
ok patch_HF.pak files are part of the offline installer system so 1st confirm you are using that system instead of Gog Galaxy to install your game?

a cache folder is temp storage so what tip happens is you run the installer after downloading all parts and it unzips each pak--- storing them temp in a folder before installing the game and finally removing the left overs

option 1 - you told the unzip software to 'store' things temp in the same folder as you installed the actual game
option 2 - you downloaded more patch files than you actually needed ... you say you use Galaxy but these files have to be manually downloaded
option 3 - this special shortcut points to something other than the standard exe... did you perhaps create a custom exe \ argument

reguardless of how you got there a temp folder and any patch_hf files can be removed... a custom argument should not flag the verify checker but Larian has done in the past so its possible

now check the larilauncher for me please i.e, open it and look at the bottom left [under the Larian logo] should say 1. 0 . 2067812 and just a bit to the right of that if should have 4. 11. 2154614
the first number is the build of the Larilauncher itself and the 2nd one is the current public build of the game... if your numbers are different then you need to update

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
goto C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Launcher

is there a Cache folder?
the 3 HF files from gog are;
<File size="116268017"
hash="deaab84407cf4882db91d76517992d1d">Data/Patch9_HF1.pak</File>

<File size="240195357"
hash="d1b864b81f1c2b9b0484ecbe0a4ffd77">Data/Patch9_HF2.pak</File>

<File size="87766954"
hash="a1798595805c0298ca48d94d897982cd">Data/Patch9_HF3.pak</File>

OP Offline
the numbers match up to what you have on larilauncher . Also no augment switches, just a straight short cut from the executable in folder for larilauncher. Also i didn't to my knowledge change anything to where files are stored.

Also one of my favorite star wars quotes is in the same scene as your signature. Yoda : "Do or do not do, there is no try."

Last edited by soulstalker; 16/07/23 06:50 AM.
OP Offline
I might have changed it to my F: drive, as it is my external HD and has about 10 TB of space.

Last edited by soulstalker; 22/07/23 05:11 AM.
veteran
veteran
mystery solved and yes external drives are only for storage so that would do it

OP Offline
So does leaving it on the f: drive hurt anything ? Should I treat the error message as a false positive? Or do i need to move it to an internal drive? I use the external because my pc is meant for gaming and thus doesn't allow any more internal drives .. meant to keep the inside cooler. I have room on C: drive ( 1.5 tb free space), but i have not had issues with any other games running it off the externals ( i have 2. ) I also have run full length feature films off that drive with no issues.

Last edited by soulstalker; 25/07/23 06:38 PM.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
mystery solved and yes external drives are only for storage so that would do it

Ok, so i went to reinstall it on the C: drive. My internal drive. it is stalled at 67.67gb of 68.52gb for the last 45 mins. should i just stop it and retry the install or just wait longer?

veteran
veteran
1st this Gog Galaxy I'm talking about here,

1 where you install the game needs to be an internal drive and not C program files or just C

Any other location like g games or C gog games is fine... It takes about 150g of spare space to install the current EA build and uses around 80g once it's actually installed

Once installed the first time you run the Larian launcher it needs to update itself because Larian changed it on their side to adjust the multiplayer options tick box

On e all of that is done you should not be getting mismatch files anymore

veteran
veteran
PS the gog game servers have extreme traffic this week and it sounds like you download stalled... Try going into gog galaxy options , downloading and tick the limit bandwidth tickbox

Set it to half of your normal download speed in mb so if you normal speed is 10mb (per second) then set it to 5mb... That should stabilise the download

OP Offline
Ok trying to do install again, i am getting 75 to 80 mbps. but it is also 12:49 pm EST. so it might just work because its late., if it fails a second time i will set it to 40mbps as cap speed.
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
PS the gog game servers have extreme traffic this week and it sounds like you download stalled... Try going into gog galaxy options , downloading and tick the limit bandwidth tickbox

Set it to half of your normal download speed in mb so if you normal speed is 10mb (per second) then set it to 5mb... That should stabilise the download

At the moment it is almost 1 am EST. and i am getting download speeds of 75 to 80 mbps. If it fails a second time i will try again setting limit to 40mbps.

OP Offline
P.S. I have gog set to auto update, but still after it goes through launcher I will try again to update it to play it on the safe side to make sure

OP Offline
Did fine til it got to exactly the same spot then stalled out 67.67 gb then stalled and dropped to 1.2 mbps at that spot. btw trying again turning off auto update for now, and set download speed to limit of 20mbps.

Last edited by soulstalker; 26/07/23 05:42 AM.
OP Offline
yeah it did even worse that time, only got to 18.75 gb before dropping down to where it started to say estimated time to download was more then 1 day

Last edited by soulstalker; 26/07/23 05:57 AM.
OP Offline
it got to the 67.67 gb downloaded and stalled listing less then 1 min left and drops to 0.2 mbps and is averaging 45 to50mbps til it hits that spot then download speed bottoms out exactly when it hits 67.67 gb downloaded.

Last edited by soulstalker; 26/07/23 06:24 AM.
OP Offline
p.s. it doesn't get that far if i throttle maximum download speed. it stops then at less then 19 gb downloaded, so throttling speed makes the process two fold worse. 1. it takes forever to get there, and 2. it does worse.

OP Offline
it is suspicious it stops right at the same spot, like its a brick wall.

OP Offline
going to try to stop it and do a check disk then a defrag then try again .. because that is all I know left to do. It is like 2:36 am EST so even if the site is normally busy this should be off time.

OP Offline
ok, scandisk found it is optimized already, and check disk found no issues. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an issue like bad sectors or something, and optimizing never hurts. the drive is a 2 tb solid state drive

Last edited by soulstalker; 26/07/23 07:08 AM.
OP Offline
going try once more now its 3 am. , but gonna leave it to try one last time tonight and I am gonna go to bed while it hopefully completes download.. but not hopeful. Any chance I can get this on Cd ROMs I wouldn't be having these headaches if was on CD vs digital download... I sort of don't like it we seem to be stuck with it in digital download format only. I would even pay for shipping and the discs themselves if it was offered. But this is an example why digital download format is inferior to discs. ... as you can see I am frustrated, though I am not wrong.

Last edited by soulstalker; 26/07/23 07:22 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard