Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Edvin Black
Originally Posted by Vitani
Julia Calida from Expeditions: Rome
Jack from Mass Effect. And no, don't tell me biotics are "mages".
Akavi Spaar from SWtOR.

Julia Calida is archer and rogue, not mele fighter and definitely not a barbarian.
Swtor is MMORPG not RPG. And skinny Jack is definitely no warrior.
(BTW: Bionics are sorcerers, because theri strength comes from within, not from any learning and study.)
Nitpicking because you hate when people anwser hypotetical questions?
Julia Calida is a soldier. Not sure if you played the game or just jumped into a wiki, but Julia is as tough as they come.
Biotics enhance the physical strengh of the user, Jack is always shown as flying fist-first into the fight. But okay, let he be a 'sorcerer' and let's leave her out of the discussion if you like, obviously can't handle a tough woman here.
"MMORPG is not an RPG". Rich. Played it? Has more story and chocies than most modern RPGs.

I won't comment that you haven't read or saw anything on youtube, but the fact that you didn't even bother to look at the previous pages of this thread is laughable.
Yes, yes, all four of you hate her voice. Brilliant statistic. For every complaint about Karlach on social media I can show you two (five if we talking tumblr :P ) excited ones.

That isn't to say you are wrong about her, like I said - looks, voices, characters, it's all opinions. You dislike everything about her, I dislike her new looks, but the overall sentiment is she is a well liked character people are looking forward to meeting in game. I'm still not sure what you are expecting of her (or rather, was expecting), because you wouldn't be here if you didn't care about her, right?

...right?

Julia Calida is a soldier. Not sure if you played the game or just jumped into a wiki, but Julia is as tough as they come.

I'm not denying that she's a tough woman, but she's part of the scouting units and she's an archer.
I finished the game, she's not a brawny melee warrior. She is rogue.

"MMORPG is not an RPG". Rich. Played it? Has more story and chocies than most modern RPGs.

I've completed all classes and have the best gear in the game, including all extremely rare items like the Dread Master mask.
However, MMORPG is a completely different genre than the regular RPG. "Sex"tan has nothing to do with copulation either laugh

You dislike everything about her, I dislike her new looks, but the overall sentiment is she is a well liked character people are looking forward to meeting in game. I'm still not sure what you are expecting of her (or rather, was expecting), because you wouldn't be here if you didn't care about her, right?

...right?

Hmm, have I been misunderstood?
I consider Karlach a very interesting character with great potential.
There is nothing wrong with the individual things of her character.
And I especially really like her backstory.

The problem is how are all things put together.
Some things just don't work when they're paired with other things, no matter how good they are.
Just because I love mustard and strawberries doesn't mean I'm going to love strawberries dipped in mustard.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I think we're getting to the stage in this thread where everyone who has contributed so far has made their own opinions and preferences clear, so am going to ask everyone who has already made a point once to refrain from saying it again.

While is should be perfectly possible to discuss preferences for character models and voices without it getting icky, it is a topic that, unfortunately, can prompt comments that in the context of various RL stuff can touch uncomfortably on sexism, objectification and gender stereotyping (to say nothing of stereotyping of barbarians!), so unless we are prepared to be careful of how our comments are landing and course correct accordingly it's generally better to be concise and specific and to move on once we've said our piece.

Let's all put in a bit of extra effort to keep this thread constructive and friendly.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
E
E
Sure, I think that everyone has their own preferences. I mean, Halsin scars look cool to me. And the same happens with Karlach. I do like more the version with scars. I don't know if Larian made a pool or just follow the feedback that complained about "non-feminine" (not to the MAGA guys liking XD) if there weren't more people vocally praising the scarred version. Maybe they thought this one would be more popular. Who knows?

Well, at least she is still muscled. XD

[Linked Image from imgur.com]

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard