Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

As seen in this image, compared to EA BG3, we have 4 new equipment slots. Clothing, shoes, underwear and torch. But there is one slot missing, belt.

So were belts removed from BG3, and if so, for what reason?

veteran
veteran
We're there even belts in early access? Inc remember them at all. I'm guessing they were removed for aesthetics. It's harder to make a belt to with another random piece of armor, better to just have the belt be part of the breastplate

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
While there were no belts in BG3 EA, the belt slot was there. Belts in BG3 were intended to function similar to ring and amulets, in that they have no visuals.

Belts are also a pretty important part of DnD, so it is a bit unusual for BG3 to not have them.

Belt of Giant Strength, for example, is very iconic piece of DnD equipment.

Last edited by AnteMaxx; 16/07/23 10:12 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
We're there even belts in early access? Inc remember them at all. I'm guessing they were removed for aesthetics. It's harder to make a belt to with another random piece of armor, better to just have the belt be part of the breastplate

There was an open slot for belts, but no actual belts in early access to put in the slot. I suppose we all assumed belts were coming, much like cloaks. But now it appears that they took the belt slot out completely.

veteran
veteran
Seem like belts are gone in favor of capes...which is fine by me as capes are cooler than belts. I would expect that all the items that were initially intended to be belts have been re-designed as capes with all the same stat bonuses and benefits.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 16/07/23 10:18 PM.
veteran
veteran
I guess it could also be that the belts just won't be ready for launch and Larian are still working on them...but we just don't know. They might also be out for good.

L
L
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
I guess it could also be that the belts just won't be ready for launch and Larian are still working on them...but we just don't know. They might also be out for good.

Or they could have just been dropped from the build they were playing at the PFH and will be back in on the launch build. We do know that they weren't playing the final build at the PFH.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by AnteMaxx
While there were no belts in BG3 EA, the belt slot was there. Belts in BG3 were intended to function similar to ring and amulets, in that they have no visuals.
Belts are also a pretty important part of DnD, so it is a bit unusual for BG3 to not have them.
Belt of Giant Strength, for example, is very iconic piece of DnD equipment.
Or the Blessed Belt of Transgenderism - present in e.g. in BG1 or the OotS comic.

Last edited by Buba68; 17/07/23 01:07 AM.
addict
addict
We have a slot for underwear now? That's a new one for the D&D canon. Magic underwear would be great ... you can't see it, but you know it is there!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Argyle
We have a slot for underwear now? That's a new one for the D&D canon. Magic underwear would be great...you can't see it, but you know it is there!
I believe the underwear and clothing slots at the top right are purely cosmetic. I don't think those will give any stats and abilities.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Gotta have belts. It is classic rpg equipment. Even if it isn't visual, there's too many cool belts to collect

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well not everyone likes capes it reminds me of batman or superman and so I' for one have never been a fan of them. If they eliminated belts that means the giant strength belts are no longer in the game and that is unfortunate.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Belts are probably harder to integrate visually with all the different armor sets than capes are.

old hand
old hand
As others have said, one don't necessarily have to be able to see a belt. Besides, a belt that you can not see at all is still better than a cape clipping with shield and / or weapons on the back? I would rather have belts than cosmetic casual wear. . But one doesn't have to exclude the other. BG 3 always has slight hints of an MMORPG with all the housing and cosmetics stuff.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 17/07/23 06:00 AM.
veteran
veteran
We have a slot for underwear now? That's a new one for the D&D canon. Magic underwear would be great ... you can't see it, but you know it is there!
They add Charisma and confidence!
But if you pick wrong size, you will get permanemt "off ballance" debuff.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
They add Charisma and confidence!
But if you pick wrong size, you will get permanemt "off ballance" debuff.

I can see it coming Golden Pantaloons & Big Metal Unit! grin

B
old hand
old hand
B
Fextralife was waffling on in one of his recent videos about the fantastic equipment available in Act 2 onwards. He neglected to mention that belts had gone (or at least he did in the part of the video I watched before giving up). Listening to Fextra you would think that Larian had just invented the concept of shops with lots of gear where you had to decide which items you wanted because you couldn't afford them all at one go.

Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
I can see it coming Golden Pantaloons & Big Metal Unit! grin
You are joking but this is Larian.

Holy hyperbole, Batman.
BG3 Itemization is AMAZING! How LEGENDARY ITEMS and Equipment Change EVERYTHING!

Last edited by Beechams; 17/07/23 08:07 AM.
L
addict
addict
L
Larian- please add belts back in.

Im assuming all the code is still there..just to tweak the UI.
Theres space in the character sheet windows to include them.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I'm joining the call for magic underpants, if indeed there are no belts but we can change our underwear (now I say it like that, perhaps it is a good thing after all!)

It'd be a pity to lose a slot that we could use for additional useful equipment for our characters, especially as it sounds as though there'll be lots of weird and (hopefully) wonderful combos to try.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
So we get the "Loincloth of Giant Strength" now instead of a "Belt of Giant Strength"? Can't say that I'm a fan of that... belts are iconic items in D&D, e.g. Belt of Giant Strength, the gender genderswapping girdle, etc.
It seems like a rather decision not to include them...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard