Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22
old hand
old hand
I hate that they changed Minthara to Paladin from cleric because now her class don't match my MtG cards.

HECK NO, new Minthara look, is vastly superior to the one in early early access. Now she looks like a proper unique character, and tbh she is more beautifull in my opinion. She also looks more menacing and evil, which is what we want. She also looks more like a Drow than previously. Her first character model looked very generic.

"They say he who smelt it dealt it."
Sooo technically... this burnt corpse is your fault officer."

veteran
veteran
yes yes the girl be evil to her soul but does she have pretty eyes guys, thats the important question wink

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I'm not sure who Odieman is replying to exactly, but Minthara went through a couple of iterations in EA and that's mainly what this thread was for. And given that the feedback it was created for succeeded in driving the change to Minthara's model that I think was wanted, I think its work is done and it no longer merits a spot in the mega-threads section which is really for live, ongoing debates or at least debates that are still relevant.

I'm moving this to the general feedback section now. I might do the same with some other topics that are no longer relevant (such as disadvantage on high ground which was changed) to try to tidy up a bit in advance of the release.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I'm not sure who Odieman is replying to exactly, but Minthara went through a couple of iterations in EA and that's mainly what this thread was for. And given that the feedback it was created for succeeded in driving the change to Minthara's model that I think was wanted, I think its work is done and it no longer merits a spot in the mega-threads section which is really for live, ongoing debates or at least debates that are still relevant.

I'm moving this to the general feedback section now. I might do the same with some other topics that are no longer relevant (such as disadvantage on high ground which was changed) to try to tidy up a bit in advance of the release.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
E
E
"Woman are better in every way, and I don't need you. Be a good boot licker and maybe I can tolerate you. "

Someone doesn't like female drows, because this is exactly what female drow are in the lore and Salvatore books. XD

I guess the "Theocratic evil matriarchy" should be replaced by "sexy dominatrix that would respect me or even become submissive once they meet my character is still popular among some public.

But let's not pretend that everyone prefers those sexy kittens over a real evil enemy/adversary that might stab you/cause real damage. I mean, if we really want to show "hedonist female drow" they could have done that by making Minthara capture slaves and classify them for "play" (handsome males that she could cripple so they can't hold a weapon and keep nearly naked for HER pleasure"), disposable (crippled but forced to do manual and grueling work) or "examples" (tortured and mutilated but still alive to suffer). By the way, this is the Salvatore version, which happens to be one of the most popular. The "woke" was the one with Eillistrae, Vaheroun and male drows in positions of power. lol

I don't care that much about Minthara, so I really don't mind that they changed her again to look sexier. But that also means that her character doesn't work as well as an enemy as a romantic interest. For me is missing actual evil actions beyond wanting to kill tieflings and druids. Goblins also want that and are just minions. No flavour there. And to completely undermine her, she also rewards characters with sex. Meh.

Make Minthara boring as hell. lol

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by EMC_V
"Woman are better in every way, and I don't need you. Be a good boot licker and maybe I can tolerate you. "

Someone doesn't like female drows, because this is exactly what female drow are in the lore and Salvatore books. XD

I guess the "Theocratic evil matriarchy" should be replaced by "sexy dominatrix that would respect me or even become submissive once they meet my character is still popular among some public.

But let's not pretend that everyone prefers those sexy kittens over a real evil enemy/adversary that might stab you/cause real damage. I mean, if we really want to show "hedonist female drow" they could have done that by making Minthara capture slaves and classify them for "play" (handsome males that she could cripple so they can't hold a weapon and keep nearly naked for HER pleasure"), disposable (crippled but forced to do manual and grueling work) or "examples" (tortured and mutilated but still alive to suffer). By the way, this is the Salvatore version, which happens to be one of the most popular. The "woke" was the one with Eillistrae, Vaheroun and male drows in positions of power. lol

I don't care that much about Minthara, so I really don't mind that they changed her again to look sexier. But that also means that her character doesn't work as well as an enemy as a romantic interest. For me is missing actual evil actions beyond wanting to kill tieflings and druids. Goblins also want that and are just minions. No flavour there. And to completely undermine her, she also rewards characters with sex. Meh.

Make Minthara boring as hell. lol

She even have feelings and doesn't want to kill you when The Absolute orders her so, it's disgusting.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Uh... Either my post did not send or it was deleted?

Just, remember that we recruit her in act 2. We likely haven't even seen her "real" storyline yet. Act 1 sets the tone about which options you have at that point. It's an appetizer, not the main course.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Silver/
Uh... Either my post did not send or it was deleted?

Just, remember that we recruit her in act 2. We likely haven't even seen her "real" storyline yet. Act 1 sets the tone about which options you have at that point. It's an appetizer, not the main course.

I think many of us are here for some fun and /or speculation to get a ''quick fix'' so we can survive the next 17 days. At least that's mostly why I'm here.

E
E
"She even have feelings and doesn't want to kill you when The Absolute orders her so, it's disgusting."

Exactly. First, she betrays Lolth, now the absolute. Would the player be next? Better just kill her XD

"Just, remember that we recruit her in act 2. We likely haven't even seen her "real" storyline yet. Act 1 sets the tone about which options you have at that point. It's an appetizer, not the main course."

Not really, first act might be the only one for Minthara in the same way that it can be the only one for Halsin. I mean I can even make the case of killing her even if you are an evil character because drows are known to be treacherous. So not all people would recruit her and see her "arc".

But even for those who want to recruit her, it wouldn't hurt to show more of her character. To compare, we do know goblins are "petty evil" for their actions. They cook and eat the dwarf, they abuse the owlbear cup, torture the other adventurer, capture Volo, and act chaotic and evil but at the same time, nothing they do makes you think they think beyond the short term.

On the other hand, you have the druids. Even when he is absent, you can get a glimpse of Halsin character by the impact his absence has in the other druids. They argue because they lack leadership, Kagha tries to rule while Netty feels not good enough to heal you. I suppose that if you never talk to the druids you would also might think Halsin is bland. But at least he kills his captures as a bear and scapes on his own.

But when it comes to the bugbear and Minthara, if you don't join their side, you basically think of "generic middle bosses". I mean, sure, you hear a goblin said she is scary. Why? what did she do to be scary? you'll never know, then one humorous letter of a goblin in love with her. And that's it. There are two spiders, but she didn't even feed them. The hobgoblin is worse. He is in a throne room and basically does nothing else. No sacrifices, no torture, nothing. For me, it fails to set the tone for her.

As far as introductions go, Minthara doesn't have a real introduction if you side with druids and won't have any kind of arc in act two. I mean, if she surrendered, some players might forgive her and include her in the group. If you can accept Astarion and Wyll, you can accept Minthara. But the way things are, unless someone resurrects her and she decides to join the same group that has killed her, she won't be recruited in act 2 by many people. Adding a couple of death-tortured corpses and a few details that show her way to be evil in act 1, won't hurt. That is, if she is evil. And if she is not, adding hints of that, won't hurt either.

Originally Posted by The Red Queen

I was replying to the topic of the thread in general, thinking perhaps wrongly, that its purpose was to change Mintharas looks back to what they were in the earliest months of Early access. But I gather from your post, that that was not the purpose of the thread originally (?).

If the latter, then the name of the thread is very very confusing all these years later. It sure fooled me, if that is the case.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I really like how they changed Minthara from her original look, to how she looks now. Really didnt care for original at all. I was therefore possibly confused by the name of the topic, which suggested to me that ppl wanted the original look back, which I found baffling.

Last edited by Odieman; 19/07/23 04:50 PM.

"They say he who smelt it dealt it."
Sooo technically... this burnt corpse is your fault officer."

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
I think this is one of those conversations that does best when no one takes it particularly seriously.

Either by ignoring it completely and let them shout their doctrine into the indifferent sky, or just gently making fun of the posters.

One thing I am sure of, if Minthara heard OP criticize her hair she would skin you living and fashion your face into a new pair of underwear.

I stand by what I said at the start of this thread.

Blackheifer
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
I think this is one of those conversations that does best when no one takes it particularly seriously.

Either by ignoring it completely and let them shout their doctrine into the indifferent sky, or just gently making fun of the posters.

One thing I am sure of, if Minthara heard OP criticize her hair she would skin you living and fashion your face into a new pair of underwear.

I stand by what I said at the start of this thread.
I have a feeling some people who supported this thread wouldn’t mind their face being Minthara’s new underwear. Just a hunch.

Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
I have a feeling some people who supported this thread wouldn’t mind their face being Minthara’s new underwear. Just a hunch.

Don't be so sure.
After all, if you manage to succeed in one rather difficult persuasion check, you can sexually dominate Minthar.
laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Edvin Black

Don't be so sure.
After all, if you manage to succeed in one rather difficult persuasion check, you can sexually dominate Minthar.
laugh

I'm one of those go wanna come out on top but with the raise of dommy mommy lovers something tells me the percentage might be a lot higher on the other side of the spectrum.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Adgaroth
Originally Posted by Edvin Black

Don't be so sure.
laugh

I'm one of those go wanna come out on top but with the raise of dommy mommy lovers something tells me the percentage might be a lot higher on the other side of the spectrum.
Every time someone uses that phrase, the ghost of Sigmund Freud squeals in ecstasy.

Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard