N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Xzoviac
Originally Posted by Adgaroth
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Originally Posted by Adgaroth
At the same lvl as having working race traits and attributes? Really?
There are still race traits and attributes. (You know exactly what I mean and it's not that)

And yeah when elves are the most popular non human race and Corellon is a deity choice its kind of important yes
(That's not why they're popular tho, so no. I'll even go as far as to say most people didn't even know who the elven God is or what set of genitalia he sports).

Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
It's a different world now. For me, I'd much rather have more time spent on NOT-genitalia, but a number of people seem to think it's important, so here we are.
Wondering if there will be sliders for length, girth, and angle.

The people that played at the PFH said you don't, you seem to have 3 vagina options and 5 penis options.
More genital shapes then body shapes lmao
Bits and bibs that you can stick on a model during sex scenes is a lot diffrent then a full body that needs every outfit in the game fitted to it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Bits and bibs that you can stick on a model during sex scenes is a lot diffrent then a full body that needs every outfit in the game fitted to it.
Yes, but the game would have been fine with out them
Could have so easily just not shown genitals, let people pretend what ever they have in their minds

It didnt need to have resources wasted players could still have had in gsme romances, all the effort on underwear is daft too when we dont even have decent full plate (as far as looking at the flaming fist goes)

Belts where removed (not enough slots? Or time?)

Yet we got underwear, rather have belts with stats on

We switched from point buy and unique stats to the cauldrons 2/1 everyones the same crap
We where promiced Dice roll for stats a long time ago yet no mention of it now

I wouldnt be so irritated at genitals and underwear if other features in character creation where present

More bodys would be a nicer last min thing then genitals

Better halfling faces most look horrible imo

The above points on char creation stats have more meaning to me as a gamer then any of this other stuff

Last edited by Xzoviac; 19/07/23 05:43 AM.
veteran
veteran
So they didn't change the halfling proportions? I can't watch the video right now, since I'm at work, but from the comments I got that.
I that case, I byby halfling bard and hello gnome bard. Don't know, why Larian hates halflings so much.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
I wouldnt be so irritated at genitals and underwear if other features in character creation where present

We all have our preferences, and I'll admit that personally I'd have been perfectly fine with fade-to-black sex scenes. But clearly there's plenty of demand from others to have something a bit naughtier. It's not something I've paid a lot of attention to, but I do remember all the explicit sex mods for DA:O. And Larian have always, as far as I know, been clear that they were intending to make a game with nudity and sex.

And we know from the Minthara sex scene that was in EA that if our characters have nothing down below, chances are that with all the artistic cutting in the world, that's going to be visible and just really weird at points if we're showing characters naked. And if we're going to show naked characters at all, then my preference is for them to be anatomically all present and correct rather than be doll-like smooth in the nethers.

As for the rest of it, I think that the new character creator, including the new aging slider that I'm really happy about, will let us make lots of distinctive characters. And I hope that good use of it has been made for NPCs as it is immersion breaking to see obviously the same faces pop up again and again. I'd very much welcome additional body types and more faces for some races in particular (it looks like there have only been a small number of new ones added), but at least modding or patching/DLC for additional assets of an existing type should be easier than introducing a new type of asset entirely, so we can hopefully look forward to even more variety in future.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
N
old hand
old hand
N
Could have so easily just not shown genitals, let people pretend what ever they have in their minds

It didnt need to have resources wasted players could still have had in gsme romances, all the effort on underwear is daft too when we dont even have decent full plate (as far as looking at the flaming fist goes)

We switched from point buy and unique stats to the cauldrons 2/1 everyones the same crap

The above points on char creation stats have more meaning to me as a gamer then any of this other stuff

Huh? Why are you dragging systems stuff into this kind off topic.

Bodies arnt last min things, again you have to fit every peice of gear in the game to them, that's hundreds of hours of work.

Making 6 sets of genitals is a fraction of that work

F
addict
addict
F
The three arrows icon on humans I pointed out last week. I suspect it's "pick a skill". In this case, the choice is persuasion.

Drow still have an active spell icon that looks like a tree. So don't know what is going on with them.

The Githyanki active "book" icon is probably from the latest PnP version:

Astral Knowledge
You can mystically access a reservoir of experiences of entities connected to the Astral Plane. Whenever you finish a long rest, you gain proficiency in one skill of your choice and with one weapon or tool of your choice, selected from the Player’s Handbook, as you momentarily project your consciousness into the Astral Plane. These proficiencies last until the end of your next long rest.
-Monsters of the Multiverse

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by fylimar
So they didn't change the halfling proportions? I can't watch the video right now, since I'm at work, but from the comments I got that.
I that case, I byby halfling bard and hello gnome bard. Don't know, why Larian hates halflings so much.
I don't know what you have against halflings, they look great to me, and much better than the PHB version, which is frankly terrifying.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
I don't know what you have against halflings, they look great to me, and much better than the PHB version, which is frankly terrifying.

I don't like the body proportions, they look wrong. Niara made a very well done breakdown a while ago.

Doctor Who
N
old hand
old hand
N
Theres probably a mandate to make the short races appear noticeably alien rather than just look like small humans.

Bear sex is one thing but if you had halflings that are say dnd movie style, just scaled down humans, you open a whole other can of worms. Though I suppose they could just block romances for short races instead.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Huh? Why are you dragging systems stuff into this kind off topic.

Bodies arnt last min things, again you have to fit every peice of gear in the game to them, that's hundreds of hours of work.

Making 6 sets of genitals is a fraction of that work
The topic is about char creation and i was hoping this stuff was in, its why im talking about it

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Bear sex is one thing but if you had halflings that are say dnd movie style, just scaled down humans, you open a whole other can of worms. Though I suppose they could just block romances for short races instead.

Okay, I'm going to call time on this comparison, which keeps coming up. At least it feels that way, and frankly I find it massively uncomfortable to think of sex with short adults in any way analagous to sex with children, which I assume is the "can of worms" referred to. It's not, and I'd not be surprised if real life short people found the comparison deeply offensive.

Let's just not go there again.

In fact, if we can go a few days, or even longer, without any sort of implicit or explicit reference to sex with children in any context on these forums, I'm sure many of us will feel more at ease.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
I don't like the body proportions, they look wrong.

I struggled with this in EA too, but thought the halfling female character I created in Ghent looked really cool. I'm not sure whether there have been small tweaks (somehow the faces looked less oddly big, at least), or if I'd just got used to the EA version or exaggerated in my mind how bad it was. That might just have been me, but it might be worth at least seeing what you think when you get your hands on the new character creator grin

enthusiast
enthusiast
Why do people think that including genitalia somehow involved the entire art department being locking a a basement for 2 weeks doing nothing else? It was probably a couple of days' work for a fraction of 1% of the dev team. And those people probably spent a total of 0hrs in 6 years involved in racial ability concept design...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Elessaria666
Why do people think that including genitalia somehow involved the entire art department being locking a a basement for 2 weeks doing nothing else? It was probably a couple of days' work for a fraction of 1% of the dev team. And those people probably spent a total of 0hrs in 6 years involved in racial ability concept design...
I dunno why you think that mate , possibly its some strawman to invalidate other people's opinions

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Elessaria666
They probably arnt even the same teams honestly. Theres probably a just character model team, and then an equipment team.

Its kind of evident with how comprehensive the character creator has become.

All the delays may have been a blessing in disguse as it gave more time for "fished" departments to add extra credit so to speak.

The character creator is so comprehensive I half expect some table top players to buy the game mostly for the character creator.

Linking a bg3 screenshot is a heck of a lot quicker and cheaper than commissioning somone for an oc.

veteran
veteran
Theres probably a mandate to make the short races appear noticeably alien rather than just look like small humans.

Not that again. We had that in BG 1&2 and I hated it. Gnomes have normal proportions, so I don't know, why it shouldn't be possible for halflings. And no, the don't look like children at all , just because they are smaller.
And yes, my bard ( wether halfling or gnome) will happily romance Karlach.

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Wait…BG3 does not have a belt slot? But panties slot instead?😂

apprentice
apprentice
To get back to the original video and away from reptile genetalia, my main question is where is the skills tab? Everything else seems to be on the left panel. The skills change as classes / races are selected but unless it is part of the background tab I don't see a place to select skills.

old hand
old hand
The halflings and gnomes look great to me, just as gnomes. Yeah, they're a bit alien, I suppose but I like that. It'd just be boring to me if they were merely short humans and elves.

If anything, I'd have something to say about the Dwarves. When discussing body types - making a male Dwarf with this with anything under 17 STR feels wrong. Then again, if I'm a male Dwarf, I'm applying hammers to faces whist screaming all manner of things regarding grudges and books, so that's fine, I guess. In fact, Oath of Vengeance, and go all Belegar, yup. Totally seeing that. I'm now at twelve playthroughs.

Dwarf females are excellent; they were from the get-go. I'm actually leaning towards a Scout Harding-esque ranger because of it, and now you can add freckles to do just that. Good stuff. Them having beards is awesome. I wouldn't use it per se, but it's fun that you can. This is actually the first game I know that lets you. Dragon Age didn't, Neverwinter Nights didn't, it makes so much sense.

Oh, and whilst on hair: The added hairstyles across the board look *awesome*. Absolutely gorgeous, with all the coloring options and everything; really good stuff.
The heterochromia thing wouldn't be something I'd miss, but in this game in particular it makes so much sense, what with the tadpole lurking behind one eye. Definitely using it.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
veteran
veteran
Maybe its just been a while since I saw them, but I liked the dwarf and halfling models more than I used to in EA. They seem tweaked in a way I can't describe but that I like better.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard