kansado #868685 23/07/23 08:43 PM
K
kansado Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Hope.... :facepalm:

I don't expect hope from devs. What I expect is my shitty internet connection + even shittier download times.

Just look at the speed of the forums. Reminds me of when I had to dial-up
Pre-Download is a necessity. And not only a necessity, a smart choice

What I hope is that devs will be smart about this. But when I look at the human population, I think it's too much to hope for :c

kansado #868826 24/07/23 05:57 AM
K
kansado Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
UP.

Make sure this goes to the top (Of Larian hierarchy)

kansado #868886 24/07/23 09:14 AM
veteran
veteran
when Steam allows will change pretty dam quick if Gog gets an early part download of the game + yes Gog could totally do that if Larian allowed it but Larian is unlikly to have sorted that out

back in the day Steam crashed and Gog was so slow as to be painful and that was only the EA

as a tech issue yes its easy enough to allow 70G of the 80-100g full game to start being downloaded... i don't see it happening but its not because of any real problem

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
kansado #868912 24/07/23 10:20 AM
K
kansado Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
It's really inconceivable that Larian doesn't allow the download.
Some said Steam doesn't allow pre-download on early releases.

For a Studio the size of Larian, they could certainly beat their fists on Gabe dumb Newell's desk and demand it.
Just look how slow is this forum. Now imagine the number of people downloading 150gb worth of content!
Some here already stated that we WILL have to download 150gb instead of 80gb.

Even if the game is being release early, I can only imagine how pissed off people will be when they start downloading and the speed does not even reach 3mb/s.
The game can be a 10/10, but be sure it will be 1/10 in the first days when people cannot even play the game because of overloaded servers.

I'm really pushing this forward, because I can already see this coming. And if this comes to fruition... My god, how stupid were the people involved in this. It's not like they never had anyone telling them about this.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard