Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23
old hand
old hand
Hmm, the Solasta devs made an announcement in their Discord saying that at least 1 million people have tried the game out.

I say 'tried' rather than 'copies sold' because a big chunk of these may have been Gamepass downloads.

It's a good week for cRPGs.

[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 29/06/23 06:58 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by fylimar
I missed the sale though. I was busy with getting my crafting up in GW2 , because I want to work on my ascended armor and was talking to a friend in TS and totally missed the sale.

Just spotted Pathfinder WotR is on sale again already, so you have another chance!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
I've started pathfinder WotR yesterday and it was pretty difficult to adjust to the RTWP after replaying DOS and DOS2 recently. The game is also not newcomer friendly, but sticking with normal difficulty turned out to be forgiving and I even managed to destroy some of the "unnecessary" bosses first try. I was pleasantly surprised by the character creation, not the visual choices, but the variety of builds you can create. Even a generic fighter I went with, can be fine tuned into a lot of different things, EVEN without multiclassing. I also started to enjoy the story quite a bit, even if it felt very clumsy the first 30 minutes or so - the world was presented in a very overwhelming manner, but if you get past the headache and take your time to read all the lore tips, then it becomes clear that the story is worth following. I was happy with the companions as well, their writing is a bit less over the top than in BG3 and they feel like they mean what they say. This is very important, because in BG3 a lot of NPCs and some companions act like if they were immortal or didn't care for their teeth being in place. The graphics and level design are not my cup of tea, but those are never defining factors for me. Overall, PWOTR seems like a good enough game to play until the BG3 releases, but I won't recommend it to players who are intolerant to that kind of slow and dense storytelling and difficult combat.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by neprostoman
I've started pathfinder WotR yesterday and it was pretty difficult to adjust to the RTWP after replaying DOS and DOS2 recently.

Well, you should probably be aware that both can be played as turn-based, right?

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by neprostoman
I've started pathfinder WotR yesterday and it was pretty difficult to adjust to the RTWP after replaying DOS and DOS2 recently.

Well, you should probably be aware that both can be played as turn-based, right?

Sure, but I decided to go with something different, since I was already overloaded with turn-based experience. I am quite familiar with RTWP, its just the switch is always so tough for me... galeworried

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by fylimar
I missed the sale though. I was busy with getting my crafting up in GW2 , because I want to work on my ascended armor and was talking to a friend in TS and totally missed the sale.

Just spotted Pathfinder WotR is on sale again already, so you have another chance!

Thanks, I'll take a look, when I get home.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Huh - this thread made me realize that I haven't played any "new" games since Witcher 3 (and even that only for a short period of time - the opening cutscene kind of poisoned my well). So I'm playing old stand-by classics -Fallout 4, Skyrim, and a smatter of even older games like Civ5, Mount & Blade Warband and Master of Orion 2. If I get the MMO itch, I'll hop into City of Heroes Homecoming or Lord of the Rings Online.

To be honest, the way I feel about the few new games I've bothered to snoop around kind of matches the way I feel about newer movies and series - lots of showing off concepts or characters or fancy new visuals, but not a lot of substance or replayability. But, then, I realize I'm well into the curmudgeon phase of my life.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I recently fishined playing Tyranny to scratch that RPG itch, and as always it didn't disappoint. I feel like many people missed out on this gem, it's the only explanation I can think of as to why nobody ever talks about it smile

Right now I dived into Rimworld, and altough not a RPG in a classic sense it still is a lot of fun. Probably will be at it till the unexpected earlier release of BG3 laugh

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Vitani
I recently fishined playing Tyranny to scratch that RPG itch

Tyranny is yet another game I bought a while back but haven't yet got round to playing. And given the new date for BG3, it's now looking as though I'll not have any time to do any more than finish my current BG1/SoD/BG2 run before it lands. But I'll look forward to - eventually! - playing Tyranny at some point smile.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast

Tyranny is yet another game I bought a while back but haven't yet got round to playing. And given the new date for BG3, it's now looking as though I'll not have any time to do any more than finish my current BG1/SoD/BG2 run before it lands. But I'll look forward to - eventually! - playing Tyranny at some point smile.

Oh, I very much recommend playing it at one point!

I wanted to do a full BG run, even installed all the mods, but... eh, I think I played them one too many times, nothing new to find there and I just couldn't do it. It made me sad frown

B
old hand
old hand
B

Oh, I very much recommend playing it at one point!

I would add my recommendation too.

veteran
veteran
I bought Jagged Alliance 3, tardive sequel (and hopefully a good one at that) of one of the best games ever made, so I guess that's what will fill my gaming time from July 14th up to the end of the month when BG3 releases.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by TheOtherTed
Huh - this thread made me realize that I haven't played any "new" games since Witcher 3 (and even that only for a short period of time - the opening cutscene kind of poisoned my well). So I'm playing old stand-by classics -Fallout 4, Skyrim, and a smatter of even older games like Civ5, Mount & Blade Warband and Master of Orion 2. If I get the MMO itch, I'll hop into City of Heroes Homecoming or Lord of the Rings Online.

To be honest, the way I feel about the few new games I've bothered to snoop around kind of matches the way I feel about newer movies and series - lots of showing off concepts or characters or fancy new visuals, but not a lot of substance or replayability. But, then, I realize I'm well into the curmudgeon phase of my life.

I have been playing Master of Orion 2 now since 96' when it first came out. No one has yet made a 4x space game as good as this 28 year old game!

1. Can I board ships and steal them during battles?
2. Can I take those stolen ships and scrap them to reverse engineer the tech?
3. Does it have tactical combat?

Honestly I have been waiting for an updated version of this game for 20 years and I have been disappointed for 20 years. 28 years and no 4x space game has come close to knocking it's crown off.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Give a try to Space Rangers 2.

It's NOT a Master of Orion 2 clone (it's probably closer to Star Control, in a way, while mixing a bit of everything) but it's one of the the few thematically-affine titles I consider almost as good.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Give a try to Space Rangers 2.

It's NOT a Master of Orion 2 clone (it's probably closer to Star Control, in a way, while mixing a bit of everything) but it's one of the the few thematically-affine titles I consider almost as good.

It was $2 so I picked it up, I will give it a shot this weekend. Thanks!

Blackheifer
T
stranger
stranger
T
welp since i have whole work week off dont know waht to do until BG3 well at least genshin and honkai star rail is having a new story update sicne gacha games is my go to for awhile while waiitng for anticapated new games

Last edited by TonyGaming; 19/07/23 01:47 PM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I bought Jagged Alliance 3, tardive sequel (and hopefully a good one at that) of one of the best games ever made, so I guess that's what will fill my gaming time from July 14th up to the end of the month when BG3 releases.

Yup, playing that one. Good old times with JA2. Unique blend of strategy, tactics, logistics, a little bit of rpg... definitely one of a kind game. JA3 is good, I like it. There are some big improvements and sadly some let downs. But at least a JA game since 2 that one can enjoy.

Untill a few weeks ago, replaying Fallout 4 (still didnt finish it this time either XD), Shogun 2 TW. Played a little Red Dead Redemption recently again.

Also did BG 1 again this spring, (BG 2 last year). Currently revisiting Heroes of Might and Magic 3 a bit.

Now being so close its kind of exruciating :P. Ive barely played anything last couple of weeks to be honest, saving up for BG 3 I guess.

"They say he who smelt it dealt it."
Sooo technically... this burnt corpse is your fault officer."

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I ain't playing anything.
I would play DIablo4, but I'll NEVER EVER again buy a game from that company.
Used to be a good company. But nowadays their inner policies are enough for me to stay away.

veteran
veteran
I was going to play D4 a bit, but oof, that recent patch isn't looking too good.

Instead I installed Vampire the Masquerade on steam and started playing that. I never finished it back in the day and decided to give it a shot. It's surprisingly good, the dialogue/voice acting/side quests are all top notch. Combat is atrocious though, and i had to use an unofficial patch to get it to work.

Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard