Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Man. I really want to be more positive. Lol I know modern devs dont care about scum like me espicially fir a game like bg3 as I was likely to buy it almost no matter what but still... lol

No rolling option. Eh. This alone is not a big deal as I've played other point buy only crpgs and enjoyed them.

Goober combing back in a new form seems whatever. Could be funny likely not.

Seems odd you can make someone like minsc a wizard instead of ranger yet others will react like he's a ranger? Is that accurate? Seems odd way of doing things 'immersion' wise.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
"Will there be more content coming for BG3?" We know what we are doing next, and we can't talk about it but probably not any additional content for BG3.
wyllcry

Good news in that case: no BG3 equivalent of Sir Lora either!

veteran
veteran
"Will there be more content coming for BG3?" We know what we are doing next, and we can't talk about it but probably not any additional content for BG3.
wyllcry
I would say this is a good thing actually.

In my experience, the only companies that starts working on DLC/Expansion imediately after they release the game, are companies that cut that DLC/Expansion out of original story.

I say let them work on something else next ...
And we will see what opourtunity future brings. wink

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Unfortunately it also means we don't get more classes or races nor any more companions.

And no, the companies that start working on expansions right after release generally aren't bad apples. The companies that have expansions ready to go on release day are.

L
L
Well, he answered some questions but every answer I've seen was exactly the response I didn't want to that question.

veteran
veteran
The sooner, the worse ...
I can agree with that.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ArvGuy
Unfortunately it also means we don't get more classes or races nor any more companions.

And no, the companies that start working on expansions right after release generally aren't bad apples. The companies that have expansions ready to go on release day are.

I think BG3 is a complete game and that's good.

But, Cohh didn't ask the question I would have asked. Which would have been "Are you planning to do any further D&D content?"

An answer to this question would have provided a lot more nuanced information on a number of topics.

If they are NOT doing more D&D content, what does THAT tell you?

Blackheifer
Potatoo Offline OP
OP Offline
Swen already answered to that question in another interview. His answer was, "I can't tell you".

veteran
veteran
But, Cohh didn't ask the question I would have asked. Which would have been "Are you planning to do any further D&D content?"
Swen has recently answered this question. I don't have the link but in short he can't say anything about anything in relation to their agreement with WotC so no word of if more D&D games or not. The only thing he said is that WotC is very happy with BG3 and how it turned out.

veteran
veteran
Neverwinter Nights 3, here we come!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by JandK

I could live with that, I did have a fantasy however of FromSoftWare doing a version, smile

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
N
old hand
old hand
N
If I had to guess well be getting another divinity game and then another D&D one after it.

The company has a vested interest in keeping games coming for their own ip, and both Larian and Wotc should be seeing good returns for bg3 for quite a while.

Much less likely option is maybe wotc trying to get a spelljammer game going pronto

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
If I had to guess well be getting another divinity game and then another D&D one after it.

The company has a vested interest in keeping games coming for their own ip, and both Larian and Wotc should be seeing good returns for bg3 for quite a while.

Much less likely option is maybe wotc trying to get a spelljammer game going pronto
I don't think Larian can go back to games of smaller audience and BG3 is trending to be vastly bigger for them in terms of sales and audience than DOS2. They'd have to downsize the studio for a much smaller budget game or risk losing vast amounts if DOS3 doesn't do nearly as well. So if WotC lets them(and I think the answer there should be a clear yes since WotC are very happy with BG3) then I don't think they have much choice than to continue working with D&D. It probably won't be BG4 as the story of Baldur's Gate and the dead three is almost certainly coming to an end in BG3, but they could do Neverwinter Nights 3 or any other D&D based game.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 23/07/23 09:00 PM.
veteran
veteran
The interview is on YouTube now:

Thanks for the bullet points Blackheifer
Swen plays Into the Breach when not playing BG3.
That’s a fine and interesting choice. I wish I could buy ItB on iPad outright and not have to use Netflix subscription. I cancelled my subscription, and am now ItB-less and that makes me sad.

Otherwise not many surprises.

Last edited by Wormerine; 23/07/23 09:34 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Otherwise not many surprises.
According to JibunFade community post ...

There was said:
- PC Release Date: 10am pacific / 19:00 CET (subject to change)
- No rolling for stats, no Ready Action, no Dodge Action, no DM mode
- Incoming Mod support after release
- Trying to get Steam Deck verified, might not come with 1.0
- You'll have access to all class tags during dialogue when multiclassing
- You can respec every companion, change their original classes too (won't change the narrative; for example: Gale will still say that he is a wizard)
- Swen doesn't recommend to play The Dark Urge for first playthrough
- They revealed an annoying 'returning' character called Naaber - VA: CohhCarnage
- We still don't know if we can talk to Boo
- Ketheric's armour (or a variant) is obtainable

Personaly i dont recall the last point, but i find it VERY surprising!!!

veteran
veteran
wyllcry
This is not at all surprising and exactly as I anticipated: no content DLCs/expansions for BG3, and also no BG4. I am certain both Larian and WotC see BG3 as a complete game, and also the BG franchise as being complete and done. As for a completely new game using DnD, that is a possibility, but ...:

1) I think any discussions on such a project between Larian and WotC will be fraught with difficulties because if I had to guess, for all the happy-talk about WotC being happy with how BG3 has turned out, I believe WotC is not happy with what is their share of the profits from BG3. WotC is one of the worst money-grubber corporations out there, and especially in recent months have clearly shown their true colors on the subject of how money-hungry they are. So for any future DnD video game project, they will surely insist on a contract in which they get a much bigger cut of the profits, much bigger than what is standard in the industry. So it will all depend on if Larian will be cool with that, which I somehow doubt.

2) Larian themselves, and especially Swen, I feel, are probably of the mind that they have gotten all they can get out of making a DnD game with BG3, and from a creative standpoint are likely to want to go try something entirely different next. I would even go so far as to suggest they won't want to do another fantasy-genre game, and may instead opt for something in the sci-fi or post-apoc or cyberpunk genres.

veteran
veteran
As I said: not many surprises. No Game Master mode is a big one, but expected as big features promised post launch are never to be trusted.

Swen has mentioned he doesn't want to do anything this big again iirc, and that Larian has sort of ballooned in size (up to ~500ish people) that he wants to sort of cut down into smaller teams. I expect smaller projects going forward, but suppose we'll see.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
I certainly hope not! Wouldn't want to see yet another RPG franchise I love ruined for me.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Xurtan
Swen has mentioned he doesn't want to do anything this big again iirc, and that Larian has sort of ballooned in size (up to ~500ish people) that he wants to sort of cut down into smaller teams. I expect smaller projects going forward, but suppose we'll see.
I think that would be a very smart thing to do. Since they did D:OS1 they have been working and expanding the same formula. It feels like BG3 might be the game, in which they do all they wanted to do with it. It would make sense to explore new ideas next.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard