Originally Posted by Llengrath
Originally Posted by Sansang2
Originally Posted by Ieldra2
Originally Posted by Warlocke
I don’t see what’s wrong with me disregarding or breaking FR canon if that’s how I want to play the game. It has no impact on anybody else’s game and there is no mechanical advantage to it, so if you ignore this feature you miss out on nothing.
It's not about what you do. After all, you can mod the game to be unrecognizeable and nobody will care.

It's about Larian actively supporting choices that break the integrity of characters. This is not like DOS2, where classes are just loose collections of starting skills and say little about the characters you assign them, and where characters' stories did not require specific abilities in almost all cases.

I think it's more like Larian supporting gameplay, and knows that an option like this can improve replayability.
Can you elaborate on how it improves replayability in your view? If I can try any class and any party composition at any time I want in a single playthrough, that's one less reason to replay the game.

...don't question the dogma. Restrictive rules and standards are oppressive lol. Replayability is an incredibly overrated aspect of most games given the average game is completed by only 10-20% of gamers according to statistics. Replayability is for the miniscule minority of really vocal hardcore gamers happy to sink multiple 100s if not 1000s of hours into games.