Originally Posted by Ieldra2
Originally Posted by Warlocke
You do you. Being tired and exasperated by a feature which is completely optional, in no way encouraged, with no mechanical advantages is bizarre to me, though.
That is because you do not understand that it makes a difference whether Larian implements that, thus sending that message that they do not care about their own creation to *everyone*, or if you mod the game for the same outcome but with no such message. I actually care about the existence of such a message, it changes how I feel about the game and its characters. It's not critical. I won't stop playing the game or liking certain characters because of it. But it does make a difference.

I really don’t understand. For me, the extent to which Larian cares about their world and characters is clearly demonstrated by how much effort they exerted animating, rendering, writing, mo-capping, and developing these characters. They clearly care a lot. All respecing communicates to me is an acknowledgment that they understand some players won’t care as much as they do. I think it’s wonderfully refreshing that they aren’t going to try and force unnecessary restrictions for the sake of their vision if that’s not how a player wants to play.