Originally Posted by Warlocke
Originally Posted by Ieldra2
Originally Posted by Warlocke
You do you. Being tired and exasperated by a feature which is completely optional, in no way encouraged, with no mechanical advantages is bizarre to me, though.
That is because you do not understand that it makes a difference whether Larian implements that, thus sending that message that they do not care about their own creation to *everyone*, or if you mod the game for the same outcome but with no such message. I actually care about the existence of such a message, it changes how I feel about the game and its characters. It's not critical. I won't stop playing the game or liking certain characters because of it. But it does make a difference.

I really don’t understand. For me, the extent to which Larian cares about their world and characters is clearly demonstrated by how much effort they exerted animating, rendering, writing, mo-capping, and developing these characters. They clearly care a lot. All respecing communicates to me is an acknowledgment that they understand some players won’t care as much as they do. I think it’s wonderfully refreshing that they aren’t going to try and force unnecessary restrictions for the sake of their vision if that’s not how a player wants to play.
And I don't understand why anyone would ever want to change a character that's not even theirs in a way that makes a mockery of their story - and thinks that this should be explicitly implemented by the creators of said story. That's just bizarre. They can choose to do it, of course. It's their stuff after all. But I certainly do not see any legitimacy in demanding it.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree at this point.