veteran
Yes, I'd like a choice for "rejects inappropriate workplace romances"

This is why you guys spend so much time in HR :P

Blackheifer
R
stranger
stranger
R
At first I thought Karlach, but Lae'zel has that Wenduag vibe where she's got a hard shell and once you get under it she'll be someone who just needed to be shown kindness.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Runebeast
At first I thought Karlach, but Lae'zel has that Wenduag vibe where she's got a hard shell and once you get under it she'll be someone who just needed to be shown kindness.
Weduag was a boring pure opportunist. Shes also much more hardened than laezel is who is really just a child playing a role she things she should.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by kanisatha
What about the 'none of them' option?
+1
I didn't care about the "romance" aspect in BG1/2 and I don't care now either.

apprentice
apprentice
If I decide to engage, it'd be a tie between Karlach and Shadowheart. Karlach because I love tough women with a heart of gold and Shadowheart because I love tough women with a heart of gold-- I mean, cute goth girls.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
In order to get a reasonable impression of this forum's preferences, you need to include a "none of them" option.

My answer? I don't know yet. Depending on sex, Minthara sounds cool, but likely she'll be dead in most of my games. Halsin sounds cool, too. Really, no idea. Probably none in my first playthrough. This character doesn't feel like she'll want an SO.

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
The question is : will be there casual sex encounters with other NPC's without building relationship like in Witcher 1 ?

Lae'zel I guess. Shadowheart a close second. Karlach seems nice both based on the limited exposure from early access and what I saw in last Panel, but I don't feel that's enough to go on, at least not if just picking 1 sure option. Minthara is not an option due to the path required to recruit her in the first place.

Last edited by Silverstar; 25/07/23 05:55 AM.

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
veteran
veteran
Karlach or Shadowheart

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
A tough one. I'll be playing Lae'zel and I am torn between getting intimate with someone over time or having simple pleasures with no attachments. It kinda depends on the general flow of the story I'll go with. Right now I am planning on:

- Either starting as a Vlaakith loyal, then getting attacked by my own kin for becoming ghaik and then, overwhelmed with resentment, utterly confused and enraged, switching to the darker powers of the tadpole and becoming some sort of a gith/ghaik abomination. In that case I can't see developing deep feeling towards anyone. Even trusting anyone.

- Or starting a borderline boring loyal Vlaakith warrior playthrough which kinda limits me to evil companions but opens up some more complex romance.

- OR I can go the path of resentment, but with a twist of becoming more of a free adventurer outside of the gith society, while not succumbing to the tadpole use. In that case I can see to developing romantic relationship with anyone in the party.

Tough call, really.

Last edited by neprostoman; 25/07/23 06:09 AM. Reason: fat fingers
veteran
veteran
I havent thought about this yet ...
But i think my first play will go without romance since there is nobody suitable for my Dwarf.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Laezel first playthrough, Shadowheart 2nd, then Minthara, then Karlach. And then Jaheira, in the unlikely event that she is romanceable (having been widowed twice).

"They say he who smelt it dealt it."
Sooo technically... this burnt corpse is your fault officer."

R
stranger
stranger
R
I can understand this point.

I
old hand
old hand
I
None.
I miss the time when people didnt demand romances/sex scenes in every RPG and would concentrate in the story instead.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Ixal
None.
I miss the time when people didnt demand romances/sex scenes in every RPG and would concentrate in the story instead.
Romance and sex scenes are part of the story.

Infact many of the most memorable questlines in rpgs are tied to romance. And or entire games are built around the romance plots.

Bastila

Morrigan

Anders

Solas

Yen

He'll Panam carried the first week's of Cyberpunk solo lol

addict
addict
Most likely I'll skip the romance like in most games. If I do engage in it, it will be with Shadowheart only. I'd maybe go with Karlach one my Tieflings, but that will depend on whether a mod becomes available to restore her old, rugged appearance or not.

Sorry, but I can't see any of my characters bedding someone who's yellow as a toad and twice as ugly (Lae'zel) or an evil Drow (Minthara). None of the other companions are an option for me due to me only playing male characters.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
There was a time romances in games were a nice gimmick. Now seeing the amount of resources they take for such a minimal amount of content per playthrough... I'm really starting to resent them.

Back to the question of the topic:
Preferably none for my 'real' playthrough, maybe Karlach if she is well written. If I do multiple playthroughs I might just engage in romances to see how Larian handled them.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by biomag
There was a time romances in games were a nice gimmick. Now seeing the amount of resources they take for such a minimal amount of content per playthrough... I'm really starting to resent them.

Back to the question of the topic:
Preferably none for my 'real' playthrough, maybe Karlach if she is well written. If I do multiple playthroughs I might just engage in romances to see how Larian handled them.

I wouldent call Yen, Triss, and many others "minimal content"

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by biomag

Exact. BG2 had a few romances which mostly didn't get very far. BG1 had none? At least not with the PC. Planescape Torment? Icewind Dale? All Gold Box games? Fallout? None of them needed big, advertised romances, culminating in sex with everything that moves.
But Mass Effect unlocked the horny jail and now a lot of ressources are wasted on romances and sex.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard