Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Silverstar
Presumably the dog has to be race changed to a shiba inu and given a bat too then? Quite the extensive modding.
Brb, making a mod that chops up all dialogue into doge speak

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Presumably the dog has to be race changed to a shiba inu and given a bat too then? Quite the extensive modding.
No need for that, just place that "under construction" screen back in and watch as the staring mind flayer kills off any mood for being naughty laezelapprove

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Are you going to mod out the party scene then? Or just send everyone to horny jail the next morning?

OMG yes, a total celibacy Mod would be great.

Everyone has to wear hair-shirts in camp to "mortify the flesh" - it's gonna be great!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortification_of_the_flesh

Between the cold showers, graham crackers, hair-shirts and prohibition on spirituous beverages - I should have a mutiny in no time.

Blackheifer
enthusiast
enthusiast
Baldur's Gate 3 is one of the few games where I am really interested in the romances. Especially after the last panel, and what the writers said about how romance is handled in the game: "you don't just do someone's quest, and say some nice things, and then get a sex scene". They said they wanted to give people emotional and physical breadth, and that the romances can progress in sometimes unexpected ways, sometimes very surprising. (And companions can also break up relationships.)

One of the writers said that they've "been trying to show two people, genuinely struggling through a hard time, and supporting one another. You are not going to be the same person as you are in act 1 as you are in act 3 - neither is your partner. Your relationship is going to have to grow along with the games story."

To me, this sounds like a very interesting and mature approach to romances in a game, and I like that very much.

The short romance scenes in the trailer and during the PFH were very cute, I think. (Yes, there were indeed other scenes as well, not only an elf druid in a sort of elaborate magical bear costume grin ): Dancing with Wyll, a rowing boat trip with Gale, bathing in a lake/river with Shadowheart (we know she can't swim, so she must trust our Tav already quite a lot to do that), a surprisingly tender moment with Lae'zel, a romantic evening with Halsin by the river, and a surprised and startled Astarion accepting a hug and hugging back (that was very sweet, I think).
And I need to romance Karlach in one of my games - that dinner date was so adorable, I want to see that romance.

But for my first playthrough, my sorcerer Tav will romance Astarion - I really want to see where this is going (or where it can go), especially when playing a "good" character.
She's as flirtatious and dramatic as he is, but a kind and helpful person, so I think this is going to be very interesting. Like one writer said - sometimes it's actually better to have an argument and challenge your partner about their way of thinking - and my sorceress will definitely do that. In the PFH it was said that companion characters have "the potential to grow and develop in interesting ways", and that it is our player character who is influencing how they develop, so maybe she could be a kind of positive role model. Maybe it doesn't neccessarily have to end in a complete disaster for these two. But either way, I am very curious.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Vitani
No need for that, just place that "under construction" screen back in and watch as the staring mind flayer kills off any mood for being naughty laezelapprove
With lover:
“Omeluum, why are you staring at us?”
“This is most curious. I would understand it further. I would like to… watch.”

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
OMG yes, a total celibacy Mod would be great.

Actually... I'd play with a "no romance" mod if one would be made. I could settle for a "no sex" mod, but no romance at all would be preferable.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lyelle
Baldur's Gate 3 is one of the few games where I am really interested in the romances. Especially after the last panel, and what the writers said about how romance is handled in the game: "you don't just do someone's quest, and say some nice things, and then get a sex scene". They said they wanted to give people emotional and physical breadth, and that the romances can progress in sometimes unexpected ways, sometimes very surprising. (And companions can also break up relationships.)

One of the writers said that they've "been trying to show two people, genuinely struggling through a hard time, and supporting one another. You are not going to be the same person as you are in act 1 as you are in act 3 - neither is your partner. Your relationship is going to have to grow along with the games story."

To me, this sounds like a very interesting and mature approach to romances in a game, and I like that very much.

The short romance scenes in the trailer and during the PFH were very cute, I think. (Yes, there were indeed other scenes as well, not only an elf druid in a sort of elaborate magical bear costume grin ): Dancing with Wyll, a rowing boat trip with Gale, bathing in a lake/river with Shadowheart (we know she can't swim, so she must trust our Tav already quite a lot to do that), a surprisingly tender moment with Lae'zel, a romantic evening with Halsin by the river, and a surprised and startled Astarion accepting a hug and hugging back (that was very sweet, I think).
And I need to romance Karlach in one of my games - that dinner date was so adorable, I want to see that romance.

But for my first playthrough, my sorcerer Tav will romance Astarion - I really want to see where this is going (or where it can go), especially when playing a "good" character.
She's as flirtatious and dramatic as he is, but a kind and helpful person, so I think this is going to be very interesting. Like one writer said - sometimes it's actually better to have an argument and challenge your partner about their way of thinking - and my sorceress will definitely do that. In the PFH it was said that companion characters have "the potential to grow and develop in interesting ways", and that it is our player character who is influencing how they develop, so maybe she could be a kind of positive role model. Maybe it doesn't neccessarily have to end in a complete disaster for these two. But either way, I am very curious.

two weeks from now update:

--turned into vampire. sacrificed to sex cult.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kanisatha
What about the 'none of them' option?
There's no "none of them" option in regular elections. Otherwise the US would never have a president ever again.

Best I can offer is "Not Voting"
Oh well <shrug>

I like doing the romances in RPGs that have them. But in BG3 unfortunately there are no romancable companion characters that I find attractive for one reason or another. Not a one, which is a first for me in any game.

Originally Posted by Kendaric
Actually... I'd play with a "no romance" mod if one would be made. I could settle for a "no sex" mod, but no romance at all would be preferable.

Well the second one you can disable with the game's modesty settings, so there's that at least.

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JandK
two weeks from now update:

--turned into vampire. sacrificed to sex cult.

Or maybe they are at each other's throats, but not in a sensual way 😂

But yes, that is why it is important to not simply agree to everything your companion/partner would like to do. Or else the risk of getting a Game Over screen is higher in romantic situations than it is in a fight.

F
addict
addict
F
I enjoyed the change of pace back in BG2 when the romance music came on and the companion would shift focus from adventuring to personal relationships. It was like take a break time.

On subsequent playthroughs however, the dialogue tree became more and more apparent and it lost its charm. So, if the relationship is more systematically robust with highs and lows, challenges and comforts, I'll like it a lot.

I ticked Karlach with initial MC, but can't really say until play.

I'm still a Lae'zel diehard. I'm really interested what her questline and romance will be like if you skip goblin camp and manage to get past the gith patrol instead. There'd be no party scene.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AvatarOfSHODAN
I'm still a Lae'zel diehard. I'm really interested what her questline and romance will be like if you skip goblin camp and manage to get past the gith patrol instead. There'd be no party scene.
But the way behind the partol is blocked by rocks, so the only way forward leads either through the underdark or the...shadowlands? I don't think you can skip helping either the grove or the Absolute.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
I'm still a Lae'zel diehard.
Lae’zel’s VA is on Cameo.
Everyone do with that information whatever you want.

EDIT:
So is Shadowheart’s. It would cost me a little more than the cost of BG3 to recreate memes starring the two of them.

Shadowheart: That’s a nice argument Lae’zel, how about you back it up with a source?

Lae’zel: My source is I made it the FUCK UP.

EDIT 2:
So is Astarion’s VA. Actually a lot of the cast is on cameo.

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 25/07/23 03:09 PM.

F
addict
addict
F
Answering Vitani:

Fextralife said he did just that in his playthrough.
Beelined for the mountain pass behind the Githyanki patrol. Not just that, said there are more hidden ways that link Act1 and Act2 that surprised him.

Last edited by FreeTheSlaves; 25/07/23 02:41 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Karlach for my first character a Zariel Tiefling custom Sorcmonkadin, plus she seems like like the nicest of the female companions, on another playthrough I might go the polygamy route with both Lae'Zel and Shadowheart just for the challenge alone, that way I can a have custom character that constantly getting yelled at by both bitches lovers, who will disapprove of his every action.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
I'm still a Lae'zel diehard.
Lae’zel’s VA is on Cameo.
Everyone do with that information whatever you want.

EDIT:
So is Shadowheart’s. It would cost me a little more than the cost of BG3 to recreate memes starring the two of them.

Shadowheart: That’s a nice argument Lae’zel, how about you back it up with a source?

Lae’zel: My source is I made it the FUCK UP.

EDIT 2:
So is Astarion’s VA. Actually a lot of the cast is on cameo.

Not the topic of this thread but I want to remake an episode of community starring the main cast of BG3 now.

S
stranger
stranger
S
My Paladin!Tav will probably romance Shadowheart, but my draconic sorcerer will probably romance Lae'zel.

There HAS to be extra dialogue for being part dragon and romancing Lae'zel. Especially when 1/4 of your unique dialogue already is, "I have the blood of the dragon. Bow before me."

Last edited by Senya99; 25/07/23 05:34 PM.
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Senya99
My Paladin!Tav will probably romance Shadowheart, but my draconic sorcerer will probably romance Lae'zel.

There HAS to be extra dialogue for being part dragon and romancing Lae'zel. Especially when 1/4 of your unique dialogue already is, "I have the blood of the dragon. Bow before me."
Red Dragonborn Draconic Sorcerer: You said it was your dream to ride a red dragon.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Senya99
my draconic sorcerer will probably romance Lae'zel.

You can add Dragonborn to that mixure and make it 2/4 laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard