Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Fox of Embers
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Does this make more sense?
Honestly no...not even a little bit. What do you even mean you want to play evil without killing anyone? That makes literally zero sense. I can understand the idea that there's no kingdom to rule over if you burn it all to the ground, and personally I prefer corrupting evil style much more over stabbing but evil isn't about pacifism. You sound like you have no idea what you want to do. The Dark Urge is just an extra option on top...a more fun way to go about the killing of some enemies you'd probably have to kill anyway or a means to get extra power from killing some NPCs that you might otherwise not be able to do much or anything with and some of the gear the Dark Urge path rewards is insanely good.

I thinky misunderstand "see death as a last resort or a necessity, never as a goal or as fun". It means they kill if there is a reason or it is unavoidable. They do not have a deeper urge to do so. The Dark Urge is all about killing, I can not put myself in a character that is about killing, because I can't play it.

And I am still certain that you will not have the same options as Dark Urge than as Tav. That you need to resist with a saving throw makes sense and keeps them different enough.

I know what I want to do. For a good run and also for an evil run. Neither will be overly into murder. Because I fail to see the appeal of even getting such an option. I kill Astarion for trying to drink my blood and not for some murderous urge.

The Murder-Theme simply does not appeal to me, I do not quite understand how that makes me into someone that does not know what he wants.

Not sure where you got the idea of saving throws from but Fextralife and a few others have played the dark urge well into act 2 and didn't mention it. I can see how it might be something similar to Astarion biting someone and potentially losing control but I don't think you ever just have to do saving throws out of nowhere...you probably have to at least select a dark urge interaction first and and then maybe you do a saving throw to regain control so you don't go too far or something. But again...all this is just extra options that add fun and interactivity. I have to kill the druids and tieflings anyway so I might as well make it extra spicy and get some extra rewards at some point down the line.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 25/07/23 04:04 PM.
Not sure where you got the idea of saving throws from but Fextralife and a few others have played the dark urge well into act 2 and didn't mention it.

Found the clip which I have the information from. It is from a Youtub/Twitch ..Person named JesseCox (No idea why the URL sounds so weird).
He says that he talked with Swen Vincke about this topic (at PfH if memory serves). The Clip is 45 seconds long, if you are interested.
EDIT: Sorry for the Reddit link, but the direct Twitch-link creates an embedded video that jsut doesn't work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...nsight_how_resisting_the_dark_urge_will/

But, well, I think I fail to put my thoughts in decent words regardless and before I keep rambling on too much I will stop.
The bottom line is that what I have seen and what I have heard about rewards does not really interest me. But considering some (probably niche) stuff that I expect for myself, I am happy that you are looking forward to it!

When I have a better idea on how to say what I mean, I may try explaining it again. ;-)

Last edited by Fox of Embers; 25/07/23 05:20 PM.
veteran
veteran
Not sure where you got the idea of saving throws from but Fextralife and a few others have played the dark urge well into act 2 and didn't mention it.

Found the clip which I have the information from. It is from a Youtub/Twitch ..Person named JesseCox (No idea why the URL sounds so weird).
He says that he talked with Swen Vincke about this topic (at PfH if memory serves). The Clip is 45 seconds long, if you are interested.
EDIT: Sorry for the Reddit link, but the direct Twitch-link creates an embedded video that jsut doesn't work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...nsight_how_resisting_the_dark_urge_will/

But, well, I think I fail to put my thoughts in decent words regardless and before I keep rambling on too much I will stop.
The bottom line is that what I have seen and what I have heard about rewards does not really interest me. But considering some (probably niche) stuff that I expect for myself, I am happy that you are looking forward to it!

When I have a better idea on how to say what I mean, I may try explaining it again. ;-)
That would have no impact on an evil playthrough at all...because you wouldn't try to resist it too much. Sometimes where it makes sense like not killing someone you want to take as a companion sure resist that. But most of the time there really aren't reasons to resist it...and if you want to play evil as dark urge you should absolutely want to make sure you feed that urge because you get some incredible rewards from it. For an evil playthrough it would be perfect...literally no downsides, just more options and more fun.

That would have no impact on an evil playthrough at all...because you wouldn't try to resist it too much. Sometimes where it makes sense like not killing someone you want to take as a companion sure resist that. But most of the time there really aren't reasons to resist it...and if you want to play evil as dark urge you should absolutely want to make sure you feed that urge because you get some incredible rewards from it. For an evil playthrough it would be perfect...literally no downsides, just more options and more fun.

Mhm, that depends on how you envision your evil playthrough?
To use the old alignment terms, the urges push you towards chaotic evil (and an extreme version at that). But that is not the only flavor of evil.
Then again, you could argue that (sometimes) indulging in the urge if you think that gives you power could be tempting to a broader selection of evil, not jsut those who love murder and carnage.

But, honestly, I mostly searched for the clip to show that, according to that information, Dark Urge is not just Tav+, because the urges can make you *do* things a Tav would avoid.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Would be so fun if there is an urge to kill the quest giver before you get the reward laugh

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard