Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by JandK
Whoever made it run slower again, BOO!

Are you saying we should sic Boo on them? Not a bad plan.
Sure, Boo could have a… byte.
😎

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
The speed is ludicrous I keep hanging on my posts, on logging in, and on reading for the past 4 months, but today is even worse. Fix it please. Spend the 100K it costs and buy your own servers, you have more then 300 people working for you. I built my own servers from a scrapped car for 200 bucks and it runs better then the forums. It's not hard thing to do

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by JandK
Whoever made it run slower again, BOO!

Are you saying we should sic Boo on them? Not a bad plan.
Sure, Boo could have a… byte.
😎

Sigh. I'm going back to sleep.

veteran
veteran
Often the forum is so slow that it takes a minute to open a page or the page does not open at all.
And sometimes it works fine, with the same computer and the same internet connection.
This is really annoying.
All I can do is to try again later when the performence is really bad.
So far I have not found a pattern, for me it seems to be random. But I do not come here that often.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
The forum works great right now.

It's worst than ever, unsurprisingly.

For a long while, the forums said that my account was suspended. I assumed it was yet another technical issue on the server side?

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Redglyph

For a long while, the forums said that my account was suspended. I assumed it was yet another technical issue on the server side?

It wasn't individual accounts that the suspension message referred to, but the forum as a whole. That seemed to be a different and obviously much worse issue than the performance troubles that we have too regularly, though it's possible there's some relationship.

For me today, the performance so far has been okay. Not as fast as it sometimes gets, but no longer than a few seconds to load or post. Touch wood!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by Redglyph

It wasn't individual accounts that the suspension message referred to, but the forum as a whole. That seemed to be a different and obviously much worse issue than the performance troubles that we have too regularly, though it's possible there's some relationship.

For me today, the performance so far has been okay. Not as fast as it sometimes gets, but no longer than a few seconds to load or post. Touch wood!

That's what I assumed but the message was so wrong. I've always suspected the problem was the authentication, and this is just another clue pointing in that direction.

Just checking the forums this morning took me several minutes. I had to try 5-10 times because I was always getting time-outs. Once the initial page is shown, however, it gets better because (I suppose) the authentication has been done and a fresh session is available.

This will not just go away on its own, except perhaps in one month. ;-)

Last edited by Redglyph; 06/08/23 08:47 AM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Since the forum came back up after its 24 hour attack of the vapours I have had 'Gateway Timeout' eight or nine times out of ten attempts.

This really is the worst site I've ever experienced since the demise of dial-up.

Just to add insult to injury, I am getting Gateway Timeout while trying to send this post.

Last edited by Beechams; 06/08/23 11:05 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Ugh, thought I'd just post on this thread again since the forum is giving me gyp and I want to make sure we have a record. Over the past week (since the big outage) it's often been absolutely fine, but also has had periods where I keep getting the Gateway Timeout errors Beechams mentions above. Including this evening.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Gateway timeouts
Long loading times
Duplicated posts

This forum's performance is worse than a dozen eggs dropped in a vat of vinegar.

veteran
veteran
I have the problem, that I mostly can not quote people without getting an error

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Not quite accurate, but close enough

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

stranger
stranger
I have been getting a lot of gateway timeouts.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Not only gateway timeouts and speed, but UI and forum graphics is not up to date. The forum must have the same level of BG3 graphics!!!

W
veteran
veteran
W
This place is struggling. I actually went to the BG3 subreddit today, though not for long. I feel sullied.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I accessed the forum around noon but after that I couldn't get beyond gateway errors until around midnight. None of the "one-man-band" sites I use are as poor as this - not even close.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Warlocke
This place is struggling. I actually went to the BG3 subreddit today, though not for long. I feel sullied.
You are infected. You must follow protocol and report to the Zaith’isk at once for purification.

old hand
old hand
Yeah, been getting gateway timed out last night and earlier today. happened a few times threw the week but today was pretty bad.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Gateway timed constantly, the site is unusable.

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard