Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Originally Posted by Vitani
Originally Posted by AvatarOfSHODAN
I'm still a Lae'zel diehard. I'm really interested what her questline and romance will be like if you skip goblin camp and manage to get past the gith patrol instead. There'd be no party scene.
But the way behind the partol is blocked by rocks, so the only way forward leads either through the underdark or the...shadowlands? I don't think you can skip helping either the grove or the Absolute.

I'm talking about the full game. The mountain pass leads to the creche.

addict
addict
As a hetero sexual male, I feel I have little choice in the matter.

1. Shadowheart, cool her actress/model is beautiful, and as stated in other posts I like her.

2. LAE'ZEL, I do like her attitude. But no. She isn't even human/Dwarven How do we even know how her... you know... work.

3. Lastly KARLACH, yet again not even human/Dwarven. Not to mention she smells of brimstone.

So straight Human/dwarf.. goes with out love. lol

Wait... yes your right Shadowheart isn't human either.. so yea. IM YELLING... prejudice against straight human males/ straight dwarven males smile

Last edited by Doomlord; 26/07/23 01:16 AM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Doomlord

1. Shadowheart, cool her actress/model is beautiful, and as stated in other posts I like her.

2. LAE'ZEL, I do like her attitude. But no. She isn't even human/Dwarven How do we even know how her... you know... work.

3. Lastly KARLACH, yet again not even human/Dwarven. Not to mention she smells of brimstone.

On point 2:
Given you can customise genitalia in the character creator and can select githyanki (or Tiefling) as a race, it follows that githyanki have compatible genitalia.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel

On point 2:
Given you can customise genitalia in the character creator and can select githyanki (or Tiefling) as a race, it follows that githyanki have compatible genitalia.

Ok Ok, still No. I am not having sex with aliens or devils, lol :)~

Last edited by Doomlord; 26/07/23 01:17 AM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
veteran
veteran

Generally speaking D&D doesn't specifically define genitalia but as with most mammals we can assume they work as similar approximation to human genitalia. And since the game lets you customize that component you can go in the character creator and try to create a Githyanki or a Tiefling and you know...have a look at what parts those species have in BG3.

Anyhow, ridiculous topic aside, you forgot to mention Minthara, who in my opinion is probably the most interesting romance option after Shadowheart.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 26/07/23 01:18 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon

Generally speaking D&D doesn't specifically define genitalia but as with most mammals we can assume they work as approximation of human genitalia. And since the game lets you customize that component you can go in the character creator and try to create a Githyanki or a Tiefling and you know...have a look at what parts those species have in BG3.

Anyhow, ridiculous topic aside, you forgot to mention Minthara, who in my opinion is probably the most interesting romance option after Shadowheart.

your right about Minthara, very beautiful model. I would like to say or add, that I think the model that did Lae'zel is beautiful as well.

But back to Minthara, She is a big no because I have read many a book on drow and it never really ends well for the male, let alone a male from another race.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

On point 2:

Understandable have a nice lay

veteran
veteran
your right about Minthara, very beautiful model. I would like to say or add, that I think the model that did Lae'zel is beautiful as well.

But back to Minthara, She is a big no because I have read many a book on drow and it never really ends well for the male, let alone a male from another race.
It'll be fine, you just have to assert a little control in the relationship...and besides...after you first sleep with her she becomes very vulnerable to your character.

addict
addict

Generally speaking D&D doesn't specifically define genitalia but as with most mammals we can assume they work as approximation of human genitalia. And since the game lets you customize that component you can go in the character creator and try to create a Githyanki or a Tiefling and you know...have a look at what parts those species have in BG3.

Of all my playthroughs I only sided with the drow/goblins once, if I remember, I never seen her again. Not sure how a romance would have worked out.

Last edited by Doomlord; 26/07/23 01:29 AM.

veteran
veteran
Of all my playthroughs I only sided with the drow/goblins once, if I remember, I never seen her again. Not sure how a romance would have worked out.
In act 2 you will be able to catch up with her again at which point she can become a permanent member of your party.

veteran
veteran
I kinda felt the same way for my Dwarf ...

But then i realized there were options even wirhin EA to have romance without sex. (Not with anyone ofc.)
Maybe i try pursue that goal.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
In act 2 you will be able to catch up with her again at which point she can become a permanent member of your party.
+1

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I kinda felt the same way for my Dwarf ...

But then i realized there were options even wirhin EA to have romance without sex. (Not with anyone ofc.)
Maybe i try pursue that goal.

I could see me getting close to Shadowheart, with out the sex. Were both clerics, personally I found that she seemed way to nice to be a cleric of Shar, but thats just me

O
apprentice
apprentice
O

Wait... yes your right Shadowheart isn't human either.. so yea. IM YELLING... prejudice against straight human males/ straight dwarven males smile

Yes, that's strange, in Mass Effect we had Ashley and Miranda but Shadowheart is not even half sexy as them.

stranger
stranger
First playthrough as overall good male Seldarine Drow "Angry Rogue" (Berserker/Thief): Shadowheart

Second playthrough as good female "Green Knight" (Archfey + Pact of the Blade Warlock/Oath of the Ancients Paladin): Halsin

Third playthrough as lawful evil draconic sorcerer: Minthara

Not quite sure whether Gale or Halsin on my first playthrough.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Poll results:
Shadowheart vs. Karlach
Halsin vs. Astarion

Battles for the ages.

I'm probably going to romance Halsin with my half orc paladin and Gale with my drow bard.
Then I plan to play as Astarion (and make him a tad less evil aligned) and go for Shadowheart!
Dark Urge necromancer gets Minthara wink

Last edited by Malrith; 26/07/23 09:09 PM.

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
veteran
veteran
Poll results:
Shadowheart vs. Karlach
Halsin vs. Astarion

Battles for the ages.
Karlach I don't know about...her being or at least trying her best to be good is problematic to say the least. Now we know that at least some of the other companions can be guided towards evil so maybe there is some redemption possible for her. But her being a barbarian is also a weird fit for an evil party...we already have Minthara as a paladin and Lae'zel to serve as frontline tanks...for the third member of the party we need a healer or a caster, not another tank. Especially if the player wants to be a fighter or barbarian or some such too.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Poll results:
Shadowheart vs. Karlach
Halsin vs. Astarion

Battles for the ages.
Karlach I don't know about...her being or at least trying her best to be good is problematic to say the least. Now we know that at least some of the other companions can be guided towards evil so maybe there is some redemption possible for her. But her being a barbarian is also a weird fit for an evil party...we already have Minthara as a paladin and Lae'zel to serve as frontline tanks...for the third member of the party we need a healer or a caster, not another tank. Especially if the player wants to be a fighter or barbarian or some such too.
Heard you could corrupt Aru in WOTR.
Hopefully you have equal chances at corrupting good characters as you have redeeming evil ones. Leave no trace of the once wholesome Karlach.

EDIT:
Evil Halsin and Evil Minsc?

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 26/07/23 09:50 PM.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard